Photo

28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

* * * * * 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4695 replies to this topic

Steppo

Steppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x (P990)
  • Twitter:@hyyuga

@paul hope you safly back to work after awesome holiday.

when we will get fr20 and gr3 ? ;)

asked him yesterday over on twitter; his has to wait till his pc will be fixed before he can work on our beloved rom(s).

Steppo

Steppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Over on xda, someone made a custom rom out of the unofficial v20d GB version...and the resonance is promising, especially for battery life.
lets hope paul gets his hands on the same sources and makes it even better

Edited by Steppo, 01 September 2011 - 06:28 AM.

Steppo

Steppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
edit:double post

Edited by Steppo, 01 September 2011 - 06:27 AM.

Deathmo

Deathmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:LG P990

Over on xda, someone made a custom rom out of the unofficial v20d GB version...and the resonance is promising, especially for battery life.
lets hope paul gets his hands on the same sources and makes it even better

Yes Rom is very good.
Use it since yesterday and no fc or reboots and baterylife is awesome.
But it is build on v20c and not d. ^^

Steppo

Steppo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Yes Rom is very good.
Use it since yesterday and no fc or reboots and baterylife is awesome.
But it is build on v20c and not d. ^^

Opps sorry, a typo Posted Image

did u flash the recommended BB ?

Edited by Steppo, 01 September 2011 - 12:37 PM.

Deathmo

Deathmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:LG P990
Yes I did.
For the time to wait befor Paul comes with his GB rom it is realy good.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Hey folks!

Back from holiday to a failing hard disk on my iMac, which is now fixed. :) I've hit up my source for the latest O2X Froyo and GB releases so we can get the new MCRs out. Fun times! :)

While you're waiting, check out my GetJar patched app and grab some free software - details. :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

frantic777

frantic777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:LG O2X

Hey folks!

Back from holiday to a failing hard disk on my iMac, which is now fixed. :) I've hit up my source for the latest O2X Froyo and GB releases so we can get the new MCRs out. Fun times! :)

While you're waiting, check out my GetJar patched app and grab some free software - details. :)

P

Hey!

Hope you had great holiday!

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
Hi All

I have just went into the procedure of flashing Fr19 because of some ugly battery reading craziness followed by some huge battery drain on stock v10d (to which I earlier had updated from v10b using LG update tool - Its v10d Europe if not mistaken). So i installed CWM found here in modaco, smartflash program & drivers, flashed BB 622 (which did not wipe my int sdcard for some reason), booted in recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik cache, flashed Fr19, made sure that data/sdcard/cache are mounted and rebooted. Did this twice and in both cases im stuck on the LG boot logo with the 'loading lines' below it.. Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

PS Wellcome back Paul :)

EDIT: Havent been able to think of something.. Damn it. Another quick q: From experience what are the best bin/BB combinations for the Fr19? Living in Spain (No Vodafone)

Edited by Ximo F. Verde, 02 September 2011 - 01:21 PM.

LG Optimus 2X
stock v20l - rooted & deodexed by Paul
v20l BB (725)

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Hi All

I have just went into the procedure of flashing Fr19 because of some ugly battery reading craziness followed by some huge battery drain on stock v10d (to which I earlier had updated from v10b using LG update tool - Its v10d Europe if not mistaken). So i installed CWM found here in modaco, smartflash program & drivers, flashed BB 622 (which did not wipe my int sdcard for some reason), booted in recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik cache, flashed Fr19, made sure that data/sdcard/cache are mounted and rebooted. Did this twice and in both cases im stuck on the LG boot logo with the 'loading lines' below it.. Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

PS Wellcome back Paul :)

EDIT: Havent been able to think of something.. Damn it. Another quick q: From experience what are the best bin/BB combinations for the Fr19? Living in Spain (No Vodafone)

I tried it all from the beginning. Flashed v10c Spain w/ smartflash, flash CWM 4.0.1.5, did backup, flashed BB 622, went to CWM, wiped all, flashed Gr19 and.... Nothing. Rebooted and its stuck at the LG logo with the 'loading' bar.. Damn it!

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

lkhz

lkhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X

Hey folks!

P

Great! Welcome back Paul :) We missed you ;)

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
A couple of quick questions..
Over which FroYo bins can this ROM be installed? Would v10c (Spain) and v10d (Europe Open) would be ok? Also.. Which BINs do basebands 622 & 725 correspond to?
Thanx

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Just an update that i'm still waiting for my source to upload the latest ROMs - he's pretty busy but says he should be able to do so by the end of the week. I've asked him to confirm which are the latest versions so I can see if I can source them elsewhere. Doing my best! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Just an update that i'm still waiting for my source to upload the latest ROMs - he's pretty busy but says he should be able to do so by the end of the week. I've asked him to confirm which are the latest versions so I can see if I can source them elsewhere. Doing my best! :)

P

Thanx a bunch for the update Paul! Standing by for more :-)

BTW I finally managed to get Fr19 up n running, here's a small guide of exactly what i did, in case somebody else got stuck on the LG logo screen with a 'frozen' bar below it:

Smartflash: flash v10d EUOpen. If connection problems occur, reinstall mobile drivers (downloading the latest drivers from LG's update tool, and then uninstalling it)
Boot the phone and format external SDcard, USB debug on and root w/ superoneclick (psneuter method)
Reboot
Copy Fr19.zip to external SDcard
Download - install ROM Manager/CWM Recovery
Boot in Recovery
Backup
Wipe All
Flash zip from sd card
Reboot

I guess the problem must have been either the drivers or some bad copy of the zip file to the pc or the phone. Formating the external SDcard b4 backing up and flashing seems to have help the situation.

Laters

Edited by Ximo F. Verde, 05 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

lkhz

lkhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X

P

v10e ?

Ximo F. Verde

Ximo F. Verde

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Just a couple of thoughts on the Fr19

Ive been (finally) using this ROM for a few days now and here are my thoughts. The ROM is pretty much the best ive seen till now on the O2X (1st custom ROM i try) and with the exception of some lagging sometimes and some terrible reception (making phonecalls impossible) at others, its absolutely stellar. One thing id like to note, Fr19 has the best battery life ive ever seen in any of the smartphones ive used till now (ETEN X500, HTC TD2, Acer Liquid E). It just never ends. Due to a couple of reboots i needed to make (for the reasons forementioned) i dont have an exact time but more than 2 days easily on medium use and when i decided to charge it, it was still at 35%!! I dont know what Paul did for this to happen, but i certainly hope he'll repeat it with future versions. All and all, a great ROM, even if GB is (?) just around the corner. Thanx a bunch for all your work Paul, its really a great ROM.

Peace

LG Optimus 2X
v20l BB (725)

Unimatrix8472

Unimatrix8472

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
PAUL!!!! WHEN WILL WE GET AN UPDATE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Henry64

Henry64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I would guess, when he's ready and feels confident that it's stable enough.

You should shout like that.:rolleyes:

xalix

xalix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OTA update or via LG update tool with this ROM ?Posted Image

TNX Posted Image

Lg optimus 2X
Huawei u8110

HCFC Clark

HCFC Clark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Can anyone help me?

I've followed the guide completely, done everything that I should of done; flashed, updated the baseband, done a back up, copyed the rom to my sd card, done everything i should do but whenever I reboot after everything is complete, i just get stuck on the LG loading bar screen!

I've tried updating to this rom twice now and no matter what i seem to do i still get stuck on this screen.

Is there anything I can do to get this rom on my phone? Am i doing something wrong, or have other experienced this problem too? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for anyone that decides to help! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users