Photo

28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

* * * * * 14 votes

• Please log in to reply
4695 replies to this topic

guliwer777

guliwer777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Lg Optimus 2x

Can anyone help me?

I've followed the guide completely, done everything that I should of done; flashed, updated the baseband, done a back up, copyed the rom to my sd card, done everything i should do but whenever I reboot after everything is complete, i just get stuck on the LG loading bar screen!

I've tried updating to this rom twice now and no matter what i seem to do i still get stuck on this screen.

Is there anything I can do to get this rom on my phone? Am i doing something wrong, or have other experienced this problem too? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for anyone that decides to help! :)

Wipe ?

HCFC Clark

HCFC Clark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Did a wipe just before installing the zip file, still nothing :(

marco_td

marco_td

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Did a wipe just before installing the zip file, still nothing :(

Strange, I wiped mine twice, one before flashing and another one after flashing, and got no errors. I just think it took a little longer to boot for the first time after flashing.

And I didn't upgraded my baseband, still on 1035.21_20110602 - I use only linux on my desktop, and as my notebook was sent to repair, I was a little scared to upgrade the baseband using a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Try checking the checksum of the rom you downloaded to your pc and the rom on the sd card, maybe it got corrupted.

HCFC Clark

HCFC Clark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Strange, I wiped mine twice, one before flashing and another one after flashing, and got no errors. I just think it took a little longer to boot for the first time after flashing.

And I didn't upgraded my baseband, still on 1035.21_20110602 - I use only linux on my desktop, and as my notebook was sent to repair, I was a little scared to upgrade the baseband using a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Try checking the checksum of the rom you downloaded to your pc and the rom on the sd card, maybe it got corrupted.

How do i do this?

I'm not ver experienced with this stuff atm lol

P.S When you say it took longer roughly how long did it take?

marco_td

marco_td

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How do i do this?

I'm not ver experienced with this stuff atm lol

P.S When you say it took longer roughly how long did it take?

I think it was one or two extra minutes, as I owned previously a G1, I was used to spend more than ten minutes after a new flash, so when I got the LG progress screen taking a little longer, I let my phone alone and began to do another things. But before I noticed, my phone was up and running, so I think it was no more than two extra minutes.

To check the files, if you are using linux, you can use md5sum to verify the files. I don't know in Windows, but if you google you will find dozens of programs to verify the checksum.

marco_td

marco_td

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I found an interesting kitchen to bake themes. After you bake your Modaco custom rom, if you are not 100% satisfied with the visual, you can bake a custom theme on this kitchen.

I used it to modify my battery indicator, and I think the result is pretty good. The only drawback I got is that on the lock screen, the charging indicator also uses the same battery indicator as the top panel.

Here it goes (if it is not allowed to post this kind of stuff, the moderators/admins are free to delete this post):
http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

lkhz

lkhz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Optimus 2X
No FR20 ?

Leadfoot1661

Leadfoot1661

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:lg optimus 2x
Thank you

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

beurre

beurre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
is FR20 going to be released?

Lapointe85

Lapointe85

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC hero ( Telus )
Will this Work for the LGP999DW or it's a diferent phone...

In Canada the p990 is called Optimus 2x... weird

SnowmanDK

SnowmanDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
This is probably off-topic, and for that I'm sorry, but here goes:

Paul > Howcome this topic is pinned when newer online kitchen roms isn't?

PHONE: LG Optimus 2X <:> RECOVERY: ClockworkMod Touch 5.8.1.3 <:> ROM: NovaHD RC24-50 (ICS 4.04) <:> BB/RIL: 825/825 <:> LAUNCHER: GO Launcher EX

Clocked @800~1216mhz, lasting 1½day on a single charge. In a world without walls and fences - who needs windows and gates?

Navlem

Navlem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x, Nexus One

This is probably off-topic, and for that I'm sorry, but here goes:

Paul > Howcome this topic is pinned when newer online kitchen roms isn't?

Because this is stable enough to warrant a sticky. The Gingerbread is a new build and have a long way to go before it catches up with the FR.

maniacdave

maniacdave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
MOVED

Edited by maniacdave, 11 February 2012 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users