28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Just a couple of thoughts on the Fr19

Ive been (finally) using this ROM for a few days now and here are my thoughts. The ROM is pretty much the best ive seen till now on the O2X (1st custom ROM i try) and with the exception of some lagging sometimes and some terrible reception (making phonecalls impossible) at others, its absolutely stellar. One thing id like to note, Fr19 has the best battery life ive ever seen in any of the smartphones ive used till now (ETEN X500, HTC TD2, Acer Liquid E). It just never ends. Due to a couple of reboots i needed to make (for the reasons forementioned) i dont have an exact time but more than 2 days easily on medium use and when i decided to charge it, it was still at 35%!! I dont know what Paul did for this to happen, but i certainly hope he'll repeat it with future versions. All and all, a great ROM, even if GB is (?) just around the corner. Thanx a bunch for all your work Paul, its really a great ROM.

Peace

Guest HCFC Clark

Can anyone help me?

I've followed the guide completely, done everything that I should of done; flashed, updated the baseband, done a back up, copyed the rom to my sd card, done everything i should do but whenever I reboot after everything is complete, i just get stuck on the LG loading bar screen!

I've tried updating to this rom twice now and no matter what i seem to do i still get stuck on this screen.

Is there anything I can do to get this rom on my phone? Am i doing something wrong, or have other experienced this problem too? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for anyone that decides to help! :)

Guest guliwer777

Can anyone help me?

I've followed the guide completely, done everything that I should of done; flashed, updated the baseband, done a back up, copyed the rom to my sd card, done everything i should do but whenever I reboot after everything is complete, i just get stuck on the LG loading bar screen!

I've tried updating to this rom twice now and no matter what i seem to do i still get stuck on this screen.

Is there anything I can do to get this rom on my phone? Am i doing something wrong, or have other experienced this problem too? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for anyone that decides to help! :)

Wipe ?

Guest marco_td

Did a wipe just before installing the zip file, still nothing :(

Strange, I wiped mine twice, one before flashing and another one after flashing, and got no errors. I just think it took a little longer to boot for the first time after flashing.

And I didn't upgraded my baseband, still on 1035.21_20110602 - I use only linux on my desktop, and as my notebook was sent to repair, I was a little scared to upgrade the baseband using a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Try checking the checksum of the rom you downloaded to your pc and the rom on the sd card, maybe it got corrupted.

Guest HCFC Clark

Strange, I wiped mine twice, one before flashing and another one after flashing, and got no errors. I just think it took a little longer to boot for the first time after flashing.

And I didn't upgraded my baseband, still on 1035.21_20110602 - I use only linux on my desktop, and as my notebook was sent to repair, I was a little scared to upgrade the baseband using a virtual machine running Windows XP.

Try checking the checksum of the rom you downloaded to your pc and the rom on the sd card, maybe it got corrupted.

How do i do this?

I'm not ver experienced with this stuff atm lol

P.S When you say it took longer roughly how long did it take?

Guest marco_td

How do i do this?

I'm not ver experienced with this stuff atm lol

P.S When you say it took longer roughly how long did it take?

I think it was one or two extra minutes, as I owned previously a G1, I was used to spend more than ten minutes after a new flash, so when I got the LG progress screen taking a little longer, I let my phone alone and began to do another things. But before I noticed, my phone was up and running, so I think it was no more than two extra minutes.

To check the files, if you are using linux, you can use md5sum to verify the files. I don't know in Windows, but if you google you will find dozens of programs to verify the checksum.

Guest marco_td

I found an interesting kitchen to bake themes. After you bake your Modaco custom rom, if you are not 100% satisfied with the visual, you can bake a custom theme on this kitchen.

I used it to modify my battery indicator, and I think the result is pretty good. The only drawback I got is that on the lock screen, the charging indicator also uses the same battery indicator as the top panel.

Here it goes (if it is not allowed to post this kind of stuff, the moderators/admins are free to delete this post):

http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Navlem

This is probably off-topic, and for that I'm sorry, but here goes:

Paul > Howcome this topic is pinned when newer online kitchen roms isn't?

Because this is stable enough to warrant a sticky. The Gingerbread is a new build and have a long way to go before it catches up with the FR.

• 1 month later...