28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sorensiim
My phone will not boot after I installed the ROM. In fact, to be precise it keeps rebooting(Just after the LG animation).

I will do another test in the day, and otherwise I will create a new ROM.

Did you remember to wipe *before* installing the ROM?

Guest Sorensiim

Now rocking R4 on my LG2X - Props go out to Paul & djmcnz :D

And I'll go add another thing to my wishlist now...

Screw that, re-worked the list and moved it to my first post in this thread. Should we turn it into a community wishlist? With voting and priorities and stuff? Paul is insanely good at responding to peoples requests in the thread, but having a combined "This is what we'd like" list would make it a bit easier I guess.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to taunt the server team in the next room... They're all packing single-core phones. Pffft... PEASANTS!

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest Vu Nhat Van
My phone will not boot after I installed the ROM. In fact, to be precise it keeps rebooting(Just after the LG animation).

I will do another test in the day, and otherwise I will create a new ROM.

Do you upgrade baseband before installing the Rom?

Guest Korumera
Will r4 work with baseband 1035.21_20110223 or do I have to update to latest before installing?

No you dont have to update your baseband :D that has nothing to do with those ROM's as far as i know B) i have the same as you and it works fine.

Guest Sorensiim

I suspect that there's a small typo in your changelog... The Android Appstore - Would that be the Amazon appstore by any chance? :D

Guest geolo253

I noticed tha if you choose the Fonts application in the kitchen, the application is installed BUT the actaul fonts are not pressent in /system/fonts.

The only there are:

Clockopia.ttf

DroidXXX.ttf (alot of droid fonts)

SJGothicFull.ttf

So when choosing the "Display" font and restart the phone you end up with no text in many places, i.e. in settings.

I am running kitchen FR3 but I made kitchen FR4 and the other fonts are still not present in /system/fonts.

Nice work Paul and thank you were much! Keep up the good work! :D

I see...

/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansHebrew.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf
/system/fonts/Clockopia.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Italic.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansThai.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSans-Bold.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansArabic.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf
/system/fonts/SJGothicFull.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSansHindi.ttf
/system/fonts/DroidSans.ttf[/code]

on my device, and they're in the core, so should be included regardless of what you choose.

P

Guest djmcnz
I noticed tha if you choose the Fonts application in the kitchen, the application is installed BUT the actaul fonts are not pressent in /system/fonts.

The only there are:

Clockopia.ttf

DroidXXX.ttf (alot of droid fonts)

SJGothicFull.ttf

So when choosing the "Display" font and restart the phone you end up with no text in many places, i.e. in settings.

I am running kitchen FR3 but I made kitchen FR4 and the other fonts are still not present in /system/fonts.

Nice work Paul and thank you were much! Keep up the good work! :D

They're not stored there with this app. Try changing to DroidSans, reboot, delete /data/data/com.jungle.app.fonts/*, reboot, try another font.

They're not stored there with this app. Try changing to DroidSans, reboot, delete /data/data/com.jungle.app.fonts/*, reboot, try another font.

What he said! :D

P

OK, kitchen is updated with a performance tweak and a lockscreen lagfix. Hopefully you should notice an improvement. :D

Just rebake and reflash (no wipe needed) to apply.

P

Guest sanfran

Hi,

Anyone having problems with installing Angry Birds? Angry Birds Rio is working, but not the other versions.

Had also two reboots trying to install Angry Birds with unmounted SD Card...

SD Card is disappearing from time to time, only Reboot helps to solve this problem....

BR Robert

Guest geolo253

Thank you guys it worked! :D

Guest Le_PoUnT
Did you remember to wipe *before* installing the ROM?

Yes I did.

Do you upgrade baseband before installing the Rom?

Yes I did too.

But it may just because I unplugged inadvertently the power cable during the update.

Paul

is it possible to upload more than one zip file that I want to include in "my" ROM?

Not at the present time, but enhnced 'custom ingredients' options are coming! :D

P

Guest poi2005

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if I exclude WAP Service, can I still use mobile data?

Thanks.

Anyone would like to share the ingredients that you have in your ROM?

Whether is from the kitchen or custom ingredients :D

Edited by poi2005

Guest sanfran
No problems here, have AB, AB Seasons and AB Rio installed. :D

Dodgy SD card?

P

Hm, used this SD Card now for a few month without problems so far (Desire Z)... anyway, I formatted it again and let's see if

solves the problem - thanks anyway!

Br Robert

Guest Vu Nhat Van

Paul, Could you add an explorer app into Rom, such as ES explorer, Astro . . .? I can download it on market. if Rom has it, I will save the time