• Please log in to reply
778 replies to this topic

treschi

treschi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Interesting things on the cyanogen mirrors :) : update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-U8220-signed.zip

pessta

pessta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:pulse
  • Twitter:@nincs

Interesting things on the cyanogen mirrors :rolleyes: : update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-U8220-signed.zip

What the hell!! :)

h83

h83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8230
Great news! :)
Any change log for this update?
Does someone already tested it?
What about the battery drain problem, any news?

hungary

hungary

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Great news! :)
Any change log for this update?
Does someone already tested it?
What about the battery drain problem, any news?

I tried it.

- Its still very slow
- Cant connect to network ("Error while searching for network")
- Still 2.6.29 kernel.
- Camera not work.

I dont see any different from the first version. (Im talking about the Pulse-related errors)

Edited by hungary, 27 June 2011 - 12:28 PM.

elchverleiher

elchverleiher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:T-mobile Pulse

Great news! :) Any change log for this update?Does someone already tested it?What about the battery drain problem, any news?

I just installed it - that one runs quite smooth... :rolleyes: But: it's got no mobile net, no gapps (download and install :rolleyes: ) and - of course - no camera until now.

Casterina

Casterina

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse (AKA U8220)

I just installed it - that one runs quite smooth... :)
But: it's got no mobile net, no gapps (download and install :rolleyes: ) and - of course - no camera until now.

The rom size seems to be kinda small, is there anything missing in the rom?

Tom G

Tom G

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Devices:2X Blade U8220 V9 Vega X10
Some of you may have noticed the u8220 (pulse) has finally been added to gerrit and I (or anyone else) can now upload changes for it. My recent update which changed a bunch of things appears to have dramatically improved battery life. My pulse has been on battery for 3d 19h and still has 33% battery left. I haven't been using it, but it does have a SIM in it and is signed into google. I don't remember ever getting battery life like that out of it.

The camera is still not working, but some other minor issues have been fixed and I think there has been a good speed improvement (I don't use it much so don't know if it will slow down with a bit of use). Now just to fix the camera, then I can start looking at adding some extra functionality.

I've also noticed that youtube doesn't work. Other video playback is ok, but youtube is broken. Is that a new issue?

dtox125

dtox125

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse, x10i
batery improved alot.youtube works great don't know about others.and the speed is amaizing.you should check for the wifi driver path in the boardconfig.mk

tank you tom for the amaizing work.

Tom G

Tom G

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Devices:2X Blade U8220 V9 Vega X10
Oops, forgot to submit one of the modifications with the last patch. Thanks.

I have the path correct locally, so it works for me, but I missed including BoardConfig.mk in the patch.

arlindo.costa

arlindo.costa

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Devices:TMN A1 / LG P970 Black

Oops, forgot to submit one of the modifications with the last patch. Thanks.

I have the path correct locally, so it works for me, but I missed including BoardConfig.mk in the patch.

:) Great stuff Tom. Thanks for all the hard work :-)

Casterina

Casterina

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Some of you may have noticed the u8220 (pulse) has finally been added to gerrit and I (or anyone else) can now upload changes for it. My recent update which changed a bunch of things appears to have dramatically improved battery life. My pulse has been on battery for 3d 19h and still has 33% battery left. I haven't been using it, but it does have a SIM in it and is signed into google. I don't remember ever getting battery life like that out of it.

The camera is still not working, but some other minor issues have been fixed and I think there has been a good speed improvement (I don't use it much so don't know if it will slow down with a bit of use). Now just to fix the camera, then I can start looking at adding some extra functionality.

I've also noticed that youtube doesn't work. Other video playback is ok, but youtube is broken. Is that a new issue?

Thanks Tom :rolleyes: i think we could get like 2day battery life with normal use if your lucky because you said you got 3days with no use and had 33% left :)

labtec3

labtec3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:t mobile pulse
  • Twitter:@nil

Hi, I was wondering if you could kindly tell me where is the link for the rom? Thanks.

Casterina

Casterina

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Hi, I was wondering if you could kindly tell me where is the link for the rom? Thanks.

check out the thread called cyanogen 7.1 RC1 experimental

Csabeee

Csabeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:RBM2, SE Arc, Sony Xperia S
Hi,

I may need some help. I've been using CM 6.1 with no problems (except for the camera, that I wasn't using). Now I have a new phone, so I have decided to upgrade this old phone to CM7.

So I have downloaded the zips (by the way: the gapps isn't there, so I have downloaded different versions of it).

I may have screwed up something with the install, so when the phone starts to boot, it stops at the android text.

The only thing I can reach, is that blue screenm with some info about the different partitions. How can I restore my system from here? I can't do anything at this screen.

Should I use adb? How and what do I need to do?

THANK YOU!

Casterina

Casterina

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Hi,

I may need some help. I've been using CM 6.1 with no problems (except for the camera, that I wasn't using). Now I have a new phone, so I have decided to upgrade this old phone to CM7.

So I have downloaded the zips (by the way: the gapps isn't there, so I have downloaded different versions of it).

I may have screwed up something with the install, so when the phone starts to boot, it stops at the android text.

The only thing I can reach, is that blue screenm with some info about the different partitions. How can I restore my system from here? I can't do anything at this screen.

Should I use adb? How and what do I need to do?

THANK YOU!

I'd recommend that you download the other CM7 which is available.. development for this ROM has stopped.

Csabeee

Csabeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I'd recommend that you download the other CM7 which is available.. development for this ROM has stopped.

I would download it, but I can't install it, without a recovery console... I can't even restore the phone to my previous CM 6.1. Do you understand my problem now?

Casterina

Casterina

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

I would download it, but I can't install it, without a recovery console... I can't even restore the phone to my previous CM 6.1. Do you understand my problem now?

Download ROM manager and install clockwork recovery; download the other ROM :)

Csabeee

Csabeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Download ROM manager and install clockwork recovery; download the other ROM :)

After your comments I really don't know how to explain what my problem is.
1. I had a CM 6.1 with clockwork recovery + rom manager
2. Downloaded CM 7.0
3. Installed CM 7.0 screwed it up
4. After restart, it STOPS at ANDROID message during bootup!
5. I can't start clockwork recovery (or which key combination should I use? ).
6. What I can do, is hit the power on + volume down + back button, when I find myself at the original recovery console (blue screen)

Csabeee

Csabeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

After your comments I really don't know how to explain what my problem is.
1. I had a CM 6.1 with clockwork recovery + rom manager
2. Downloaded CM 7.0
3. Installed CM 7.0 screwed it up
4. After restart, it STOPS at ANDROID message during bootup!
5. I can't start clockwork recovery (or which key combination should I use? ).
6. What I can do, is hit the power on + volume down + back button, when I find myself at the original recovery console (blue screen)

Sorry, not the power on + volume down + back button, rather power on + volume down + call button

Hayander

Hayander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Pulse U8220
Don´t Work in Brazil, don´t acess network.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users