Email through cradle?

Guest sch

tried searching for the answer on this one but didn't get very far.

I've got the phone set so I can browse the web through my lan when it's connected to the cradle, but if I try and sync email it uses GPRS - anyway to get it to use the lan via cradle?

Thanks

Guest Satans Cyber Kid
Settings -> Data connections -> Internet connection, change to 'Pass Through connection'

dont know answer to original question though.

Cheers for that tip...just tried it on mine. Wow broadband through your phone thats unreal.

Wow i love this phone if only there were a few less bugs

Guest Satans Cyber Kid

Cheers for that tip...just tried it on mine. Wow broadband through your phone thats unreal.

Wow i love this phone if only there were a few less bugs

I am a IT network analyst for a job. the only thing that is confusing me is how is the phone picking up a gateway or a ip address in order to access the web?

Any ideas?

Guest Satans Cyber Kid
if you set up your SPV to go on the net through your PC Internet connection this wont use up your 10MB limit will it???

nope because it is not even using gprs

Guest Danlance
I am a IT network analyst for a job. the only thing that is confusing me is how is the phone picking up a gateway or a ip address in order to access the web?

Any ideas?

The phone (presumably throught the active sync sw) acts as an application on your pc - using the network settings on your pc.

This doesnt appear to apply to proxies etc - its possible to create a proxy in network connections (to connect from work network to internet) - and if you set your desktop to connect to corporate network then it will attempt to use your proxy settings... though I just get error 400 invlid request from the ISA server at our work...

Guest Fulkrum

Its not connecting through your sim. It is connecting through activesync and using your pc connection whether it be lan or dial up. So no you are not using orange therefore it is not coming off your monthly bundle.

This is particularly good with bluetooth through a BT serial connection if you laptop has broadband. ( On an ipaq that is) You can sit within 10 m of your laptop and surf instantly.

Guest Danlance
Where can I change the proxy config - I can't find where to set that.

Programs > Settings > Data Connections:

Menu > Edit Connections:

Proxy Connections

Guest natbert

Hi guys trying to setup a pass through connection but i dont have that option available ??

:arrow: 1.Open active sync with phone in cradle

2.Options

3.Rules

4.Pass through select "the internet" or your connection

5.Try again :D