Diggedy

Diggedy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Devices:Desire, Wildfire, Defy, Arc
  • Twitter:@RichyNeal
these are probably the worst phones ive seen for installing roms on. I wa slucky I only had the black screen, after that it went smooth.

Yes you can install froyo, read my post in the other thread in this section that adthebadd made. My phone was 2.51 and im using froyo now and I can downgrade at any point. Just make sure you do it right

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo

All sorted! had to cut up a USB cable!

pain!!

yeah im on 3.4.3 and works nice for me allthough i cant downgrade but im not bothered about that and you should flash 2.5.1 if you want to go back to stock

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

these are probably the worst phones ive seen for installing roms on. I wa slucky I only had the black screen, after that it went smooth.

yeah they are a right ball ache to do. its Motorola being stingy and locking the boot loader!
have had many frustrating nights trying to bring mine back to life but its good once you get their

Cheers Adam

T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

nvkid909

nvkid909

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
this happened to me after installing leaked froyo. had already used clockwork mod in eclair which worked a dream, but after froyo I got bricked so had to flash it RSD.

Maybe its down to the build of froyo cos I couldn't get into recovery like I could before. I'm now reluctant to try CWM again for it to fail, spent too long redownloading apps after reflash.

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

this happened to me after installing leaked froyo. had already used clockwork mod in eclair which worked a dream, but after froyo I got bricked so had to flash it RSD.

Maybe its down to the build of froyo cos I couldn't get into recovery like I could before. I'm now reluctant to try CWM again for it to fail, spent too long redownloading apps after reflash.

yeah ive has this problem installing CW. instead of using the the app to install it (which causes boot loop for me), i do it with a .bat file which does it through adb and that works every tiime for me!

Cheers Adam

T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

Danhandy

Danhandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Sorry I never updated you guys…

I managed to install 2.2 while keeping the ability to downgrade, installed launcher pro plus, overclocked to 1.3 GHz. WOW soooooo smooth.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Sorry I never updated you guys…

I managed to install 2.2 while keeping the ability to downgrade, installed launcher pro plus, overclocked to 1.3 GHz. WOW soooooo smooth.

Thanks for your help,
Dan

good stuff glad to hear u got on ok

Cheers Adam

T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

Ciscoguru

Ciscoguru

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hd2 Cyanogen MOD
I am having the same issue with the defy, i had rooted it with superoneclick 1.7 and installed CW, booted to recovery and that was it. The phone was stuck in a bootloop never getting past the M. I have RSD 4.9 installed and flashed a supposedly working ROM for TMO US 6.36 version and get the phone to boot now, but get to the home screen and processes wont run, almost every time i touch the phone a process has to be forced to close, then get a black screen. I am at a loss other than running this phone thru a wood chipper, lol. i really would appreciate anyones help on straighting this mess out. also i have tried the other 6.10 us TMO Rom with no luck, all i get is a black screen. Back on 6.36 now.
thanks

edit: SOLVED! damn phone nothing like the HD2, needs magldr lol

Edited by Ciscoguru, 27 April 2011 - 12:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users