[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

JGM Software Gingerbread Theme for FLB-Froyo, Swedish Spring and Japanese Spring

post-843502-1301769453_thumb.png post-843502-1301769485_thumb.png post-843502-1301769497_thumb.png post-843502-1301769502_thumb.png

This is an Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) theme for the FLB Froyo ROM, Swedish Spring ROM and Japanese Spring ROM. It has been confirmed working on FLB r10b, r11b and SS RLS4b, RLS5 and JS.

This theme is basically an expanded version of the excellent Gingerbread themes by Frankish. It uses some icons pulled from the Gingerblade theme by Bazza76 (basically because I couldn't find the icons in the SDK :D ). Also used are components and jars pulled from the FLB Froyo (10b) ROM itself, by flibblesan for the FLB theme, and other ROMs, depending on the theme.

Please check the Other Downloads section as you may find mods or add-ons that you might like.

Notes

-Incuded is everything in the Gingerbread themes by Frankish. This includes the black status bar, battery icon/circle battery mod etc.

-A custom version of Settings.apk, made by me. This changes the icons in both the system settings and the Power Control widget to their Gingerbread equivalents.

-Dialer and Contacts from Gingerbread (Currently FLB theme only)

-I flashed with Clockwork 2.5.1.8. AI have been told that the SS theme can be flashed with 3.0.1.4, FLB yet to be tested.

-Comments are appreciated :D

-For anyone wishing to know, the dock at the bottom is simply custom icons on top of the usual shortcuts. I use Launcher Pro. They are now listed in the Downloads section

Downloads

FLB Froyo and JGMS GingerFLB ROM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-843502-1303064619_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Circle Mod Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- This will keep the notification area power control widget and is based on the Gingerbread Circle Mod theme by Frankish.

8.75MB MD5: a60e47002da9c69e341444bb5bd6d341

Download

post-843502-1303064619_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Battery Circle Mod Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- This will get rid of the notification area power control widget and is based on the Gingerbread FLB theme by flibblesan.

8.79MB MD5: e76111989dd3df80ca1cfd0be5f8bf48

Download

post-843502-1303064589_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- This will keep the notification area power control widget and is based on the Gingerbread theme by Frankish.

8.66MB MD5: 36c8023e7b1372aa264b13fa2fb5ac16

Download

post-843502-1307289615_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Battery Percentage Mod Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- This will get rid of the notification area power control widget and has a standard battery with a percentage value.

8.64MB MD5: afe43427908031e561d04b2585040278

Download

post-843502-1307289615_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Battery Percentage Mod Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- This will keep the notification area power control widget and has a standard battery with a percentage value.

8.63MB MD5: 174a343eb64e339c3366c0efa5203773

Download

Revert Theme for FLB-Froyo - Version 1.4

- Will return everything back to the default, stock FLB, with notification bar widget, Froyo dialer and Froyo icons.

8.76MB MD5: 24e18b00002a16434608a9fad59d4803

Download

Swedish Spring

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-The Contacts and Dialer apps are not yet skinned. There is no power widget in the notification bar. The screenshots are from the FLB theme.

post-843502-1303064589_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme for Swedish Spring

- An expanded version of the Gingerbread theme by Frankish, with a lot of system icons changed.

8.18MB MD5: 3972a8acf4d7cc58d3b920b9c590c8e8

Download

post-843502-1303064619_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme Circle Battery Mod for Swedish Spring

- An expanded version of the Gingerbread Circle Mod theme by Frankish, with a lot of system icons changed.

8.29MB MD5: 1dfd643e64bef60e2724232e409821ab

Download

Revert Theme for Swedish Spring

- Will return everything back to the default, stock SS, with stock icons and the Froyo Power Control Widget.

8.13MB MD5: 00335f303129fe042a5b717ab8784030

Download

Japanese Spring

post-843502-1303064619_thumb.pngJGM Software Gingerbread Theme Circle Battery Mod for Japanese Spring (GEN 2)

- An expanded version of the Gingerbread Circle Mod theme by Frankish, with a lot of system icons changed. Special thanks to Shadow_2k for porting this, I have added system and launcher icons. Contacts and Dialer not skinned. Flash with appropriate Gen 2 Clockwork (Shadow_2k uses 3.0.1.4).

8.01MB MD5: 36da299d0ceb9e73c9ce31e050c27a23

Download

Revert theme and Standard Battery Theme coming soon.

Other Downloads

post-843502-1304025263_thumb.pngDock Icons

-Includes Gingerbread icons for Phone, Contacts, SMS and Browser.

20.2KB

Icons.zip

post-843502-1304024885_thumb.pngGMail 2.3.4.1 with Gingerbread notification icon

post-843502-1304025501_thumb.png

-The latest version of GMail with the notification bar icon from Gingerbread. Flash with clockwork 2.5.1.8. Note if you update in the market, this will be overwritten. I will endeavour to update this with new GMail releases.

1.56MB

SkinnedGmail_2_3_4_1.zip

Transparent Power Control Widget

post-843502-1304441692_thumb.png

- Based on the excellent mod by Skrible, this adds Gingerbread icons to his transparent power control widget. Can be used independently of or combined with a theme. If you wish to use this with a theme, flash the theme BEFORE flashing this mod.

--Swedish Spring: Download -1.83MB -MD5: 60e032d7b659164bff3f1ebab29dbaa5

--FLB Froyo: Download -1.90MB -MD5: 7eb0856cc3dd058741713cf2e61f1faa

Remember - I am new to this, so remember to do a Nandroid backup before trying any of this, and I'm really only putting this up to see what people think B) See above for credit where credit is due to other forum members.

These are hosted on my own website at http://jgmsoftware.co.uk/. This is the reason for the references to JGMS - I develop under the name of JGM Software, and have run my website offering small useful utilities for Windows. They're all free, and you might find some of them handy ;)

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest TheManicGibbon

Changelog

May 2 2011:

-Added a Gingerbread skinned transparent power control widget, based on Skrible's mod.

May 1 2011:

-Changed some of the information available in the post, and added a couple of new themes.

April 28 2011:

-Tidied up the downloads section and combined with other zips i had lying around and spread throughout this thread. More images added for reference/information.

April 17 2011:

-Removed BETA tags thanks to feedback from Siivu. Two versions of the Swedish Spring theme are now available: normal battery and circle battery mod. I can try and do some standard battery themes for FLB if requested :D

April 14 2011:

-Added a BETA Swedish Spring Theme, untested. Waiting for feedback B)

V1.4 April 5 2011:

-Added Browser.apk to change the icon of the web browser to its Gingerbread equivalent in the Launcher.

V1.3 April 2 2011

-Initial Release to Public

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Frankish

So you want the Gingerbread theme without the notification widget? That's easy enough if that's all. You just need a modified services.jar i can do that?

Guest TheManicGibbon
So you want the Gingerbread theme without the notification widget? That's easy enough if that's all. You just need a modified services.jar i can do that?

Although I have now got a theme that disables the notification widget, it was achieved in a rather roundabout way and I think it would be better to have them both based on the same theme. If that wouldn't be too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate that. Hope you don't mind me expanding on your already excellent theme B)

could you please upload the icons for your dock?

Certainly, I have added them to the downloads section in the first post :D. Just ask if you're after any more.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Do you mean that you want a version of this theme for Swedish Spring that keeps the power widget in the notification bar?

If so, then a SS version of this theme will be coming in the next few days, after I get around to upgrading my handset to SS for testing purposes. However, my themes are built on Frankish's themes as a base, so not displaying the widget would likely be an issue for Frankish to change? If SS is anything like FLB then this would involve some kind of change to services.jar. If Frankish can provide me with this then I can edit the theme in the same way I did for FLB.

Guest mon3em
Do you mean that you want a version of this theme for Swedish Spring that keeps the power widget in the notification bar?

If so, then a SS version of this theme will be coming in the next few days, after I get around to upgrading my handset to SS for testing purposes. However, my themes are built on Frankish's themes as a base, so not displaying the widget would likely be an issue for Frankish to change? If SS is anything like FLB then this would involve some kind of change to services.jar. If Frankish can provide me with this then I can edit the theme in the same way I did for FLB.

yes exactly i've been trying Frankish theme for ss but never get the power widget in notification bar .. i just love it this way so till now i can't find it in any themes for ss .. it would be cool if you made it

Guest heavyduty00
Although I have now got a theme that disables the notification widget, it was achieved in a rather roundabout way and I think it would be better to have them both based on the same theme. If that wouldn't be too much trouble, I would greatly appreciate that. Hope you don't mind me expanding on your already excellent theme ;)

Certainly, I have added them to the downloads section in the first post :D. Just ask if you're after any more.

thanls B)

Guest TheManicGibbon
yes exactly i've been trying Frankish theme for ss but never get the power widget in notification bar .. i just love it this way so till now i can't find it in any themes for ss .. it would be cool if you made it

Ah okay...well as I said I only expand on Frankish's themes but I can certainly have a bash, although I do not have time to put a new ROM on yet, that'll maybe be something for the weekend :D

I'd also like to first concentrate on getting my FLB theme sorted (even though it's basically "discontinued"), and would greatly appreciate it if Frankish could provide me with a modified Services.jar.

Putting up Version 1.4 soon, see Changelog for details B)

Edited by TheManicGibbon

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

I've now added a theme for Swedish Spring but I need some willing testers :) . I use FLB and don't really have the time to reflash another ROM just for testing purposes, so please read the release notes carefully. I'll repeat myself here:

- The theme is untested. There shouldn't be any major problems though since all I do is swap images, and add my own Settings.apk

- Feedback is greatly appreciated.

- Remember Nandroid!

I'm learning more and more about Android and how it works thanks to the excellent people on these forums, special thanks to Frankish, because without him I wouldn't even have base themes to add bits to :) .

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hi Could you please add the power widget on the notification bar to Frankish Desire Sense Theme for Swedish Spring?

This involves altering the services.jar file, which at the moment I can't do (I'm still learning :) ) but I'll certainly have a bash. If you want it right now, probably ask HMZX in the "[Taking Requests] Themes" thread...judging by what he's churning out for people, I'd say he'll know what to do :)

Anyone tried it on SS yet?

Guest Siivu
Anyone tried it on SS yet?

Just tried it on SS. It did swap the images from system and power widget

The battery is not from circle-mod but I installed Frankish theme on top of this and it "fixed" the problem.

I used clockwork 3.0.1.4 and except the battery image I did not seen any other problems.

Hopefully this helps you.. And thanks for this great addition to my phone :)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Just tried it on SS. It did swap the images from system and power widget

The battery is not from circle-mod but I installed Frankish theme on top of this and it "fixed" the problem.

I used clockwork 3.0.1.4 and except the battery image I did not seen any other problems.

Hopefully this helps you.. And thanks for this great addition to my phone :)

Thank you very much for this information, I've looked into it and as soon as I realised my silly mistake, I have uploaded a new version (which you can use if you want, but you seem to be sorted already). I'll keep the old one to give other users a choice. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Can I just ask, what version of SS are you running? So I can add it to the list of working ROMs. Cheers :)

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Siivu

I am using the newest version RLS4b. I will install your new version and inform you if something comes up in longer run :)

Just keep up the good work :)

Guest TheManicGibbon

That's really helpful, thanks for your feedback mate. I've decided to remove the BETA tags as they were only there because I wasn't sure if it would even work in SS at all :) ...but it does :)

Guest jtc42

Just an idea, but ages ago in the old FLB Gingerbread pack, the notification icons were skinned to be the Gingerbread ones. Dont suppose you know how ward that would be to do for SS?

Guest TheManicGibbon
Just an idea, but ages ago in the old FLB Gingerbread pack, the notification icons were skinned to be the Gingerbread ones. Dont suppose you know how ward that would be to do for SS?

If by notification icons you mean things such as WiFi, signal, "3G", "H" etc...then they already are :)

Please refer to the screenshots at the top of the page. Although they are for the FLB theme, they are broadly representative. Differences between the FLB and SS theme are:

-The contacts and phone apps are NOT skinned to look like Gingerbread in SS.

-There is no notification bar Power Control Widget in SS.

Guest jtc42
If by notification icons you mean things such as WiFi, signal, "3G", "H" etc...then they already are :)

Please refer to the screenshots at the top of the page. Although they are for the FLB theme, they are broadly representative. Differences between the FLB and SS theme are:

-The contacts and phone apps are NOT skinned to look like Gingerbread in SS.

-There is no notification bar Power Control Widget in SS.

No I mean like, when you get a new email, the Gmail icon on the top left, or when an item from the market has finished downloading :)

Guest jtc42

Thatd odd.... Just installed it and my dialer app is completely gone! >.<

Edit: My bad, installed the AOSP dialer and forgot this doesnt effect that >.<

Edited by jtc42

Guest TheManicGibbon
No I mean like, when you get a new email, the Gmail icon on the top left, or when an item from the market has finished downloading :)

Uh, as far as I am aware, those icons are the Gingerbread ones..? I've checked all my theme files and they're all the same, all Gingerbread icons...

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thatd odd.... Just installed it and my dialer app is completely gone! >.<

Uhh...what? What file are you using, and for what ROM?

Guest jtc42
Uh, as far as I am aware, those icons are the Gingerbread ones..? I've checked all my theme files and they're all the same, all Gingerbread icons...

Aah dont worry, it's resources built into the apps themselves so it's a bit iffy to edit :)