The lockups thread

Guest ritdaw

Guest djmcnz
Same here with fr7,please help

I'm using Fr7 and have not experienced it yet. I've had the browser stall a few times but I've put that down to transient problems.

I'll need to give it another day or so before I can offer my opinion.

Guest dazzle999
Same here with fr7,please help

confirmed i installed fr7 and i got the exact same thing here constant lagspikes and lockups ... the phone is blazing fast if nothing occurs but when it does the entire phone just gets stuck and randomly reboots or has to be manually rebooted to get it going again..

Guest djmcnz
confirmed i installed fr7 and i got the exact same thing here constant lagspikes and lockups ... the phone is blazing fast if nothing occurs but when it does the entire phone just gets stuck and randomly reboots or has to be manually rebooted to get it going again..

Did you come from a full wipe as a matter of interest?

Guest dazzle999
Did you come from a full wipe as a matter of interest?

i had fr4 installed but just reinstalled it with a full wipe and still i get the lagspikes when i open a browser or when i press some buttons like menu or w/e they become inresponsive and i have to press them a bunch of times to trigger a reaction..

Edited by dazzle999

Guest withoutwings

I appear to have now joined the prestigious total lock-up club. Probably a coincidence but happened for the first time today only after installing FR7, 4 days after owning the device.

I was playing a game and it was unresponsive for a few seconds then continued on, and after leaving it mostly idle for the last hour, using the XDA app occasionally, it's now hard locked and no buttons will do anything. At first I got the screen back on, but now it's off again and that's it. Battery pull time! :-/

EDIT: It just reset on its own. Well I'm not sure if my attempted "adb reboot" command finally got through after 10 minutes of adb not responding and me giving up and unplugging it, or if it rebooted entirely on its own. I'll try to grab a last_kmsg and see what it says...

EDIT2: last_kmsg is blank. Oh well..

Edited by withoutwings

Guest tmirage

Just posted in the fr7 thread but i got the freezes in the browser also since fr6 i think and now on fr7. Already tried a full wipe and cache clear with no luck.

Guest dherrero
i had fr4 installed but just reinstalled it with a full wipe and still i get the lagspikes when i open a browser or when i press some buttons like menu or w/e they become inresponsive and i have to press them a bunch of times to trigger a reaction..

Maybe placebo effect but now is fixed. I have installed flash player 10.2 from market and configured in stock browser the plugins to 'on demand'. I have tested it much time and I have activated flash for many pages and no problem so far

Guest tmirage

For what its worth but it looks like the freezes happen after you leave your browser be for a while and then go back to the browser and try to load or reload pages.

A few times now already in trying to trigger the problem i start surfing after a reboot cause the browser/phone is locked up. After the reboot all is well i visited 10 or 15 pages before leaving my phone on the sofa for a while (10 minutes)

then i take another look and try to browse to a random webpage and immediately the first page i try to load the phone hangs again. (the browser session was still open at the page i last visited before trying another site that triggers the lockup so android didnt close the browsers session to preserve the memory. As in android was going further with the browsing in the session i opened first after the reboot and not a new session)

I also tried to clear cache and data from the browser but that had zero effect in solving the problem with the lockups.

Edit;just reproduced the error as i described here above. Waited 10/15 minutes reload the page it was on for example and th browser hangs. It also got slower but did reload the page successfull if you wait shorter the pages reload slower the more minutes you wait.

I also noticed i didnt had flash installed yet so im gonna try if i can reproduce it with flash installed and post that back here

Edited by tmirage

Guest djmcnz

Okay, I'm confident enough to confirm Fr7 hasn't removed the problem in my configuration at least.

Fr7, r5, Miren or stock browser.

I was persistent enough and got the relevant logs, took a lot of hitting power and waiting but they came through after a while.

Entire logcat of phone idle, through loading www.modaco.com, through stalling, through recovering (sort of). Logcat link to pastebin.

Here's an interesting part where it just keeps falling over, 8 or so times (see below).

So I grabbed the traces.txt file as well, this also covers the exact time the stalling occurred: pastebin link.

Hopefully somebody can interpret it, I can not...

V/http	(16170): 4788753 http7 READ pipe 0

V/webkit  (16170): LoadListener.detachRequestHandle(): requestHandle: android.net.http.RequestHandle@48e6cf70

V/http	(16170): 4788753 http7 IdleCacheTIOpt size 0 host http://modaco.uk.intellitxt.com:80list size0

V/http	(16170): 4788754 http7 Cached Cnxn Increment1list size1

D/dalvikvm(16170): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 14875 objects / 449200 bytes in 29ms

I/dalvikvm( 1123): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'							   <- these

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 1764 SIG: 3

E/WifiInfo( 1123): getSSID ----------

I/dalvikvm( 1764): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

E/statfs  ( 1123): org block : 0 avaial, 269465 free

E/statfs  ( 1123): limit block : 0 avaial, 259225 free

I/MountService( 1123): Intent.ACTION_AUTORUN_CONNECTED

W/MountService( 1123): notifyShareAvailabilityChange mUsbEjected= false

I/StorageNotification( 1123): UMS connection changed to true (media state mounted)

I/dalvikvm( 1764): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

E/WifiInfo( 1764): setSSID ----------

E/WifiInfo( 1764): getRSSI -51

I/INKSPOT ( 1123): ContentResolver.registerContentObserver : android.widget.DateTimeView$2@48d642c8, uri : content://settings/system/date_format

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 1123 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 1123): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 1123): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/INKSPOT (16170): ContentResolver.registerContentObserver : android.database.AbstractCursor$SelfContentObserver@48ea2a78, uri : content://miren_browser_history/history

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 16170 SIG: 3

I/INKSPOT (16170): ContentResolver.registerContentObserver : android.database.AbstractCursor$SelfContentObserver@48ea6b90, uri : content://miren_browser_history/history

I/dalvikvm(16170): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm(16170): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 15032 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm(15032): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

V/http	(16170): 4789470 http7 RequestQueue.getRequest() => null

V/http	(16170): 4789471 http7 ConnectionThread: Waiting for work

W/IntentResolver( 1123): resolveIntent failed: found match, but none with Intent.CATEGORY_DEFAULT

D/dalvikvm(16170): GC_FOR_MALLOC freed 23519 objects / 598328 bytes in 47ms

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 1313 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 1313): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 1313): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 1633 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 1633): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 1633): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 1316 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 1316): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm( 1316): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/dalvikvm(15032): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 14658 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm(14658): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm(14658): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 14543 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm(14543): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

I/dalvikvm(14543): Wrote stack traces to '/data/anr/traces.txt'

I/Process ( 1123): Sending signal. PID: 3386 SIG: 3

I/dalvikvm( 3386): threadid=3: reacting to signal 3

Guest tmirage

And the instwllation of flash doesnt solve the problem also. I did reproduce it 4 times in a row already by the steps in my previous post.

Guest federicoc

Just moved to Fr7 (default kitchen options) from stock ROM (latest baseband), wiped and cleaned everything before flashing the new ROM; now I'm experiencing a lot of lockup also while in idle state (screen off); only solution is to detach battery and reboot.

Interface is far more responsive than stock one, but browsing the web IMHO is a lot more laggy.

Thx

Fede

Guest sebsal

My phone is going back today for a replacement. It'll switch off every single time I charge it up and I need to remove the battery to get it to reboot.

Hopefully my replacement will be ok but i dont hold out much hope

Guest dherrero
I'm starting to wonder if it's kernel related... gonna try .9 on mine for a while... will post a link shortly.

P

Downgraded to FR4 and works correctly :D

Guest sibbor
I'm starting to wonder if it's kernel related... gonna try .9 on mine for a while... will post a link shortly.

P

I have faith in you. I'm on Fr7 and haven't noticed any brutal lockups as before, however I tried a new game last night - Gameloft's Dungeon Hunter 2. Boy, flew like water sometimes and after a couple of seconds it started to stutter like mad. The whole gameplay was like this.

EDIT: I'm sorry to inform you that I've now received two brutal lockups - one causing the device to reboot (it's currently booting up):

1. Was writing this post on my 2X, using the stock browser and data connection. No issue at first glance.
  2. I then started Spotify and played an offline song, tried to update my post with more information... BROWSER LOCKED! Or, it was refreshing SLOWLY meanwhile Spotify stuttered like hell.
  3. Once it was complete, after about one minute, I activated WiFi and tried another refresh. That caused the earlier mentioned reboot after 2-3 minutes.
Current config:

ROM: MCR Fr7
Kernel: 2.6.32.36-ck2-mck-r5
Baseband: 20110315[/codebox]

Here's a couple of thoughts:

1. Hardware related - baseband; radio/WiFi?

2. SD card 2048b buffer?

3. EXT4?

Side note: my radio just restarted. Lost 3G connection and after a few seconds I got an Edge connection. After a couple of more seconds my 3G connection was back. Been standing on the very same spot all the time. Odd? Baseband issue..?

Edited by sibbor

Guest ritdaw

P

I found this previously. I was running the .9 kernel on fr6 and it seemed to fix the browser lockup.

Guest gensplejs

Im running Fr7 kernel 2.6.32.36-ck2-mck-r5

I get phone lockup every time i start the browser when on mobile data... Wifi works perfectly.

Guest Meychi

I'm running Fr7 with the stock .09 kernel. Had few major lockups in one day but otherwise it runs smootly. Might need to go back to Fr4 which worked without problems.

Guest gensplejs

Ok.... update on my issues.

Fr7 kernel 2.6.32.36-ck2-mck-r5

Wifi On and connected to a netword = lo lockups.

Wifi On and then leave wifi covarage (switches to mobile data) = instant lockups on browser start.

Wfi Off (using mobile data) = no lockups.