[Script][CWM] SD Card reading speed fix

Guest ermacwins

Guest tmirage

I just editted the file mentioned in the XDA thread from 128 to 2048 and 3072 i got 11/18 MB at 128 setting and 15/30 at 3072. The speed increase on the internal memory is very noticable. Pictures load way quicker then before

Guest Korumera
I just editted the file mentioned in the XDA thread from 128 to 2048 and 3072 i got 11/18 MB at 128 setting and 15/30 at 3072. The speed increase on the internal memory is very noticable. Pictures load way quicker then before

Ah thought you could change it in CWM but that changed after the last beta :D i'll test it with fix permissions but dont know if that will help.

Edited by Korumera

Guest Korumera

Ok it works like a charm. You cant do it anymore from CWM directly, but if this will be built into the rom directly it would be sweet indeed :D went from 14//20 to 20/40

Guest tmirage
Ok it works like a charm. You cant do it anymore from CWM directly, but if this will be built into the rom directly it would be sweet indeed :D went from 14//20 to 20/40

what value did you put it on? im getting 15/33.5 at most at 3072

Edited by tmirage

Guest Korumera

I've tested 3072 and 2048, on the moment i'm using 2048, but i think it also depends on what kind of sd card you are using, a class 2 card will never go as fast as a 6 or 10.

Guest tmirage
I've tested 3072 and 2048, on the moment i'm using 2048, but i think it also depends on what kind of sd card you are using, a class 2 card will never go as fast as a 6 or 10.

True but i think that SD tools tests the internal storage as it mentions 5.51 gb as total space and i got a 16gb sdcard :D so we all should get about the same performance if nothing in the background is accessing the internal storage.

Edited by tmirage

Guest Korumera
True but i think that SD tools tests the internal storage as it mentions 5.51 gb as total space and i got a 16gb sdcard :D so we all should get about the same performance if nothing in the background is accessing the internal storage.

Correct indeed, SD tools gives some information about the SD used. i'll look tommorow and post the info in here B)

Guest sibbor
Yes, that's what i've implemented. :D

P

Looking forward to it.

Just curious: won't it be much overhead with small files though? And worse performance if performing file operations for multiple small/tiny files at the same time?

Guest crazy_elmo

How did you do this ? i'm new to android, so not much experience here.

Guest Xoneso
Sweet trick :D

2048 seems like the sweet spot for the LG2X - 16,9 & 36,2 B)

Interesting as i get the best result with 3072 which gives this result: 14,5 and 78.0

Guest Birthe88
Interesting as i get the best result with 3072 which gives this result: 14,5 and 78.0

Same here, best result with 3072, however i wasnt able to make this permanent.

I'm having trouble finding the init.d folder as refered to in the topic.

Looking forward to it.

Just curious: won't it be much overhead with small files though? And worse performance if performing file operations for multiple small/tiny files at the same time?

i strongly believe so, and i have undone the changes. installing apps from the market really takes a hit in speed and also recovery with titanium seems to take about 5x as long (yes, really)! best to undo these changes on fr10 with the free app sd increase from the market and set it back to 128.