'Bricked' my LG2x when using NVflash

Guest glenner05

Guest glenner05

I'm afraid i'll need some assistance. My Dutch P990 was working fine with Pauls latest rom, baked with his kitchen. Filesystem was on EXT4. However, i decided to revert back to stock Rom. I couldn't find any instructions on how to revert back to EXT3 filesystem, so i was afraid to just flash an EXT3 rom over it. I know from my Galaxy s that you have to undo the lagfix before flashing a rom with stock kernel. So i decided to use the NVflash method described here on the forum to flash stock V10b back. I followed every instruction, my computer found an unknow device APX, and i succesfully installed the APX drivers. I hit flash.bat and then a command window opened and started to transfer all kinds of files to the phone. On my phones screen there was a message 'SW upgrading'

then the CMD window closed and that was it. No auto reboot, nothing. It stayed forever on the the same screen, sw upgrading.... after a while i unplugged the usb cable, put my battery back in and tried to turn on my phone, but it doesn't do anything, no logo, no other screen, just black, like it's death. i already tried three times to flash it, but always ended up the same. i can't boot it anymore. Luckily windows still finds the apx device when i plug in the phone, so i can repeat the procedure. I even don't have to hold vol up and down keys, just plug it in without batt and it immediately sees an apx device...

So i am in desperate need of help, i need my phone for work. I thought this NVflash method was the last rescue in case you mess up everything, but in my case this method messed up my phone. So...now what?

Guest reidar.ostrem
I'm afraid i'll need some assistance. My Dutch P990 was working fine with Pauls latest rom, baked with his kitchen. Filesystem was on EXT4. However, i decided to revert back to stock Rom. I couldn't find any instructions on how to revert back to EXT3 filesystem, so i was afraid to just flash an EXT3 rom over it. I know from my Galaxy s that you have to undo the lagfix before flashing a rom with stock kernel. So i decided to use the NVflash method described here on the forum to flash stock V10b back. I followed every instruction, my computer found an unknow device APX, and i succesfully installed the APX drivers. I hit flash.bat and then a command window opened and started to transfer all kinds of files to the phone. On my phones screen there was a message 'SW upgrading'

then the CMD window closed and that was it. No auto reboot, nothing. It stayed forever on the the same screen, sw upgrading.... after a while i unplugged the usb cable, put my battery back in and tried to turn on my phone, but it doesn't do anything, no logo, no other screen, just black, like it's death. i already tried three times to flash it, but always ended up the same. i can't boot it anymore. Luckily windows still finds the apx device when i plug in the phone, so i can repeat the procedure. I even don't have to hold vol up and down keys, just plug it in without batt and it immediately sees an apx device...

So i am in desperate need of help, i need my phone for work. I thought this NVflash method was the last rescue in case you mess up everything, but in my case this method messed up my phone. So...now what?

Have you checked the MD5 sum on you FW download ? Maybe it's corrupted ?

I've not had any problems flashing NVFlash method on mine, Windows7 64Bit.

Only problem i have discovered is that if i do a NVFlash --sync first the flashing wont start.

Guest glenner05
Have you checked the MD5 sum on you FW download ? Maybe it's corrupted ?

I've not had any problems flashing NVFlash method on mine, Windows7 64Bit.

Only problem i have discovered is that if i do a NVFlash --sync first the flashing wont start.

I downloaded from the link on the sticky thread, twice. Is There any other link? Maybe another fw then v10b? V10a for example....

Guest reidar.ostrem
I downloaded from the link on the sticky thread, twice. Is There any other link? Maybe another fw then v10b? V10a for example....

I think you can get a dump of 10a on www.optimus2x.net.

I also downloaded the 10b fw from modaco and works ok.

Can you paste an output from the command promt while NVFlash is running?

Guest glenner05
I think you can get a dump of 10a on www.optimus2x.net.

I also downloaded the 10b fw from modaco and works ok.

Can you paste an output from the command promt while NVFlash is running?

i tried again today, this time i took my work laptop, which i've never used before to flash anything for my LG2x. This time it went fine... so it's fixed! i still don't know what went wrong on my main PC. I did just the same. Maybe a driver conflict or something, don't know. I'll keep the files on my laptop, in case i'll need to flash again. I see that there is an update.zip now for reverting back to EXT3, so hopefully i never need to NVflash again :-) anyway, thanks for the tips!