gen1 to gen2 and gen2 to gen1, windows flashing only

Guest hecatae

Guest mikeeo19

Problems... I've done excatly how it says on the guide, but now i think i've bricked my device. After the flash was completed i rebooted the recovery as it was told. Then i flashed the SS RLS4, which installed successfully. Now when i try rebooting my device it boots to recovery... I mean ONLY to recovery. It won't start anyhow. I've tried reflashing the stock recovery, tried different partition and always the same. I've done system/cache wipe... nothing. Please help ! Or tell me the sad truth of bricking my phone if needed :mellow:

EDIT: This morning i tried restoring my device from CWM backups, it did'nt help. Once again it said "Install successful" but won't boot properly

Edited by mikeeo19

Guest joe90uk

I used the first windows flasher kallt_kaffe made the first week this all started so i have a 128mb partition.

My question is can i run the flasher again with the lager partition files will it be safe?

Guest joe90uk

Ive got no help so far by using search so im guessing that there is no way to change the partition size now? I want to run CM7 so i will just have to remove the Rom Manager.apk and bootanimation?

Guest hecatae
I used the first windows flasher kallt_kaffe made the first week this all started so i have a 128mb partition.

My question is can i run the flasher again with the lager partition files will it be safe?

yes you can and it'll be safe

Guest joe90uk
yes you can and it'll be safe

Thank you for the answer i may attempt it i will read the thread over to make sure i no what im doing, a guide on re flashing a GEN2 to change the layout would be good.

I understand it like this, I need to install a stock GEN2 ROM first then enter FTM following the step buy step in the first post just like before just this time on a stock GEN2 ROM and ive added the lager partition file to the flasher.

Guest EarL007

I also did the Gen2 update on my originally Gen1 Blade, it was successful. I noticed the better network reception, in my house, especially in the kitchen, the network recpetion was a bit weak, even in the kitchen there was no signal, after Gen2 update, it became slightly better. :mellow: During update I almost s*** myself, I was so nervous about it, I didn't want to turn Blade into a brick. :o

Guest joe90uk
I also did the Gen2 update on my originally Gen1 Blade, it was successful. I noticed the better network reception, in my house, especially in the kitchen, the network recpetion was a bit weak, even in the kitchen there was no signal, after Gen2 update, it became slightly better. :D During update I almost s*** myself, I was so nervous about it, I didn't want to turn Blade into a brick. :D

Guess how i feel running a second updater with a a new partition the :mellow: is it going to work? is it going to nuke my IEMI? we will find out soon wont we :o

Edited by joe90uk

Guest hedgepigdaniel

@hecatae

I think it would be a good idea to change the title of this thread to make it clear that it contains instructions for downgrading Gen2 to Gen1 safely - there are still many people asking about this in other topics, which might be avoided if they saw that in the pinned section. Also perhaps you could indicate in the OP that downgrading is now safe and doable?

Guest kogos

@hecatae

if i get one of the partition layout zip files, unzip it and replace boot.img, recovery.img, splash.img and system.img with the files from an official updater, will it flash my gen1 android 2.1 blade to a gen2 froyo re-partitioned blade with stock official 2.2 rom? Or it will brick it?

Anybody tried that? i think it would normally work.

Edited by kogos

Guest hedgepigdaniel
@hecatae

if i get one of the partition layout zip files, unzip it and replace boot.img, recovery.img, splash.img and system.img with the files from an official updater, will it flash my gen1 android 2.1 blade to a gen2 froyo re-partitioned blade with stock official 2.2 rom? Or it will brick it?

Anybody tried that? i think it would normally work.

Just boot.img and system.img should be all you need. Its a better idea to put clockworkmod (the Gen2 one) in as recovery.img, in case your ROM doesn't boot.

Guest hecatae
@hecatae

I think it would be a good idea to change the title of this thread to make it clear that it contains instructions for downgrading Gen2 to Gen1 safely - there are still many people asking about this in other topics, which might be avoided if they saw that in the pinned section. Also perhaps you could indicate in the OP that downgrading is now safe and doable?

done both as requested

Guest Redflake

After charging and battery drain issues, I just used this method to go back to Gen 1 and FLB r11. All went fine and phone is much better, only 2% battery drain over night.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Panzerfaust101

Something went wrong with my Blade when I was trying to go from G2 to G1. at 98% the phone suddenly turned on and the green Android kept going on and off continuously and the run was replaces by a red "reset". I therefore closed the window and unplugged the phone and now it's stuck like this. please help :P

Btw, I can access the phone via fastboot but recovery doesn't work (the phone keeps restarting itself if you don't boot into fastboot). I haven't tried using ADB because 1. idk how to get it and 2. idk how to use it. I think bootloader doesn't work because when I tried to boot into bootloader, it got stuck on the green Android.

Edited by Panzerfaust101

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Something went wrong with my Blade when I was trying to go from G2 to G1. at 98% the phone suddenly turned on and the green Android kept going on and off continuously and the run was replaces by a red "reset". I therefore closed the window and unplugged the phone and now it's stuck like this. please help :P

Do you have a Chinese Blade? If so, read on...

Your problem sounds like it is the same as this one - If your Blade is Chinese then suggest you try the solutions listed in that thread and you should be able to fix it up.

In future, have a look at more recent posts to see if they can help you - this thread hasn't been updated in a while. The alternative is my guide here (on the ROMs forum - and is has a warning about Chinese Blades).

Good luck

Guest Panzerfaust101
Do you have a Chinese Blade? If so, read on...

Your problem sounds like it is the same as this one - If your Blade is Chinese then suggest you try the solutions listed in that thread and you should be able to fix it up.

In future, have a look at more recent posts to see if they can help you - this thread hasn't been updated in a while. The alternative is my guide here (on the ROMs forum - and is has a warning about Chinese Blades).

Good luck

Yup it is XP. Thanks ^.^

Guest Ice-berg

Hello. After returning to Gen1, of course, I could not restore IMEI. Finally, I managed to do it, but it's not my old number, just 00000XXXXX

Something I did with the file channel1, now the IMEI number changed to 0 - only a 0 and nothing more. The phone works normally, but II would like to to restore my old IMEI number .

No tutorial does not work, unfortunately ...

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Hello. After returning to Gen1, of course, I could not restore IMEI. Finally, I managed to do it, but it's not my old number, just 00000XXXXX

Something I did with the file channel1, now the IMEI number changed to 0 - only a 0 and nothing more. The phone works normally, but II would like to to restore my old IMEI number .

No tutorial does not work, unfortunately ...

Go up a few posts, follow the links under "After Flashing" in my guide.

• 1 month later...
Guest k0zmic
If I have bought GEN2 with 2.2 - can i try this method to repartitioned my phone?

I believe you can since I used it to upgrade to Gen 2 and then while I was on Gen 2 I repartitioned.

Do get a second opinion though.

• 4 months later...

I'm stuck here:

5. Unzip the contents of Gen2toGen1Windows_v2.zip to your computer and run download_nochecksGen2.exe. There should be a green “Ready” under the start button. Press the start button.

I have downloaded the zip file but there's no files in it and a link to an updated version... please advise.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I'm stuck here:

5. Unzip the contents of Gen2toGen1Windows_v2.zip to your computer and run download_nochecksGen2.exe. There should be a green “Ready” under the start button. Press the start button.

I have downloaded the zip file but there's no files in it and a link to an updated version... please advise.

Perhaps you should use the updated version?