Does Swedish Spring RLS4B ROM support APP2SD+?

Guest ceslavie

Guest ceslavie

Hi Gurus,

Please forgive my junior quesiton...

Swedish Spring RLS4B saves quite a lot space comparing the original ROM, many thanks! However after installing some applications upon Swedish Spring RLS4B ROM, the available ROM space will be around 50M...

Hence I am considering how to get more ROM space, may I know whether the Swedish Spring RLS4B ROM support APP2SD+? If so, how can I move the \dalvik-cache file to SD?

If not, is there any tool I can do the similar thing to move the \dalvik-cache to \system or \cache?

Many thanks!

Guest IPB_Refugee

Hi ceslavie,

Swedish Spring fully supports Darktremor's Apps2SD. With Darktremor's Apps2SD and Swedish Spring, you can also use an EXT3 partition, and yes, you can move the dalvik cache onto your sdcard or onto your internal /cache partition, too.

Installation instructions

Command line commandos (Use e.g. the free Android Terminal Emulator for these commandos.)

Works very fine for me. :D

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest iKrautDroid

I also recommend you use wabaws partition mod to get lots of free app space.

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest ceslavie

many thanks for the help provided in previous two replies, really appreciate it! Let me have a try later today and will share my experience.

Cheers,

Guest ceslavie

tried suggestions this afternoon, without luck:(

following the instrction at Installation instructions, and when running a2sd check, it always showing no swap/ext partition, tried re-install/install .....

I guess it may be related to my cellphone, it is GEN2 instead of GEN1.. I guess it may be the reason...

Guest IPB_Refugee

Hi,

did you repartition your sdcard at first? You need 2 primary partitions: one FAT32 and one EXT3 (or EXT2).

When you run Linux at your PC, you can use gparted for partitioning but I guess there are free programms for Windows, too.

Don't forget to backup the data of your sdcard before repartitioning.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest ceslavie
Hi,

did you repartition your sdcard at first? You need 2 primary partitions: one FAT32 and one EXT3 (or EXT2).

When you run Linux at your PC, you can use gparted for partitioning but I guess there are free programms for Windows, too.

Don't forget to backup the data of your sdcard before repartitioning.

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Thanks for the help, Wolfgang!

Yes I did try to repartition the sdcard as the steps in your first reply, but without luck...