CM7 nightly update Re-Install Google app

Guest marin6061

Guest marin6061

Hi,

For RC4 I used a clean install and then the used "gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip"

After then I used the build 33 and have to install the Google app again.

The same is for build 34.

Is it normal? Do I have to install the Google app. again with each nightly build?

Edited by marin6061

Guest JobSup

I experienced the same with the latest nighly builds (trying 35 now). Also, re-installing the gapps package seems to be a bit unreliable, I had diffferent results lately. Sometimes it keeps all the settings/account and then I had the welcome wizard and had to re-enter my account to sync.

Trying to flash nightly 35 soon, curious what happens.

Guest BigD18t
Gapps will never ever never ever be included in CM7.

Ever.

You obviously didn't read the question, after flashing from rc4 to n33 and above he's had to reflash happened, ,normally you don't need to, as its only updating the rom, I experienced the same on flashing n34 over rc4 as well.

Guest targetbsp
You obviously didn't read the question, after flashing from rc4 to n33 and above he's had to reflash happened, ,normally you don't need to, as its only updating the rom, I experienced the same on flashing n34 over rc4 as well.

I've always had to include them when I upgrade? Or more accurately I tried not including them once when someone posted you didn't them during an upgrade and they weren't there so I've included them every other time. B) It's not like it's much trouble - you tick a box in Rom Manager. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest BigD18t
I've always had to include them when I upgrade? Or more accurately I tried not including them once when someone posted you didn't them during an upgrade and they weren't there so I've included them every other time. B) It's not like it's much trouble - you tick a box in Rom Manager. :D

The only time I've had to reflash gapps is when I do a complete wipe.