30 Jun Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X - Vanilla Edition

Guest PaulOBrien

vanilla1.pngvanilla2.pngvanilla3.png

vanilla4.pngvanilla5.pngvanilla6.png

This ROM is a ROM created with the MoDaCo Custom ROM Fr17 Online Kitchen.

It is stripped of the majority of the LG content and has all the Google bits and pieces added in. You can read more about MCR Fr7 in the link above - features for this ROM include..

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Fully updated Google Components including...
    • Google STOCK Calendar
    • Google STOCK Car Home
    • Google STOCK Contacts
    • Google STOCK Desk Clock
    • Google STOCK Email
    • Google STOCK Gallery
    • Google STOCK LatinIme Input Method
    • Google STOCK Launcher
    • Google STOCK Live Wallpapers
    • Google STOCK Lockscreen
    • Google STOCK MMS
    • Google STOCK Music
    • and more!

• Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
    • Based on the 0622 release
    • Not odexed
    • Signed with AOSP platform certificate where appropriate for easy theming

Please see the main MCR topic for the changes in each release.

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.

Baseband 1035.21_20110622 is recommended, available in this topic.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!
      • Restart your device in recovery mode
      • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
      • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - your device will auto convert to EXT4 on installation. You MUST use a physical microSD card!
      • If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

Upgrading

A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM STOCK / MCR Fr3 OR EARLIER! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.

Downloads

[*]Fr19 - Vanilla Edition - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: c83b5c07693d548328f01a686fb8992c

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest poi2005

Will it be same if I tick all stock Google apps in the kitchen and living all LG apps out?

Thanks.

Edited by poi2005

Guest moonie17
Will it be same if I tick all stock Google apps in the kitchen and living all LG apps out?

Thanks.

Yeah should be.... just tick the Vanilla theme check box at the bottom

Guest yoel740

I live in China, and can't use facebook, but can you "Facebook for LG".

How can i get this "Facebook for LG" for this Vanilla rom?

P/S:Sorry for my bad English

Guest freakonaleash78
I live in China, and can't use facebook, but can you "Facebook for LG".

How can i get this "Facebook for LG" for this Vanilla rom?

P/S:Sorry for my bad English

Facebook for Lg is the same like original facebook....

if original doesn't work,LG doesn't work but there are many solutions for use facebook in china..............

Edited by freakonaleash78

Guest yoel740

if original doesn't work,LG doesn't work but there are many solutions for use facebook in china..............

I use the original and can't comment, but try to use LG it work.

If have another way to use facebook at China can you tell me?

Guest winzhangout

One thing some apps from kitchen like Google Messaging is not in Swedish same with Google Phone and its little anyoning that when i want to write an mess and click ( TO ) then it not bring up the phonebook, and i see alot of lag when composing the mess to. Any tip for me?

Edited by winzhangout

Guest freakonaleash78
I use the original and can't comment, but try to use LG it work.

If have another way to use facebook at China can you tell me?

Sure,but not here i‘ll send you a private message.but i don‘t understand....do you have facebook censured or not?

Guest yoel740
Sure,but not here i‘ll send you a private message.but i don‘t understand....do you have facebook censured or not?

I can't connect to facebook by laptop, but don't know while using phone it no problem, but the original facebook can't comment

Guest Groundplayer

noob question, sorry.

Do i need to root the device before flashing the rom? and do i install the rom with first installing ClockworkMod Recovery, then restart the device in recovery mode and select the zip file?

Guest moonie17
noob question, sorry.

Do i need to root the device before flashing the rom? and do i install the rom with first installing ClockworkMod Recovery, then restart the device in recovery mode and select the zip file?

no need to root, just follow the guide to install ClockworkMod recovery, make sure your baseband is up to date then go ahead and flash the ROM!

Guest moonie17

Hi Paul, loving the speed of the Vanilla experience :D will try a reboot in a sec to see if i recieve the force close issues reappear.... on another note is there any possibility of you creating a .zip file for the LG widgets? im missing the messaging one!

Guest sanfran
Just a reminder that i'm performance-auditing the 2X build today, i'llb e posting test patches in this topic. :D

P

Thx Paul - any news on the Browser freeze problem? It is a very annoying thing for a smart phone.... (only fix for now is to remove the battery) :-)

thx,

Robert

Guest Batkoto

Wrong, not the same. LG SNS is ported through 3rd party server that connects to Facebook /Twitter/ Myspace servers