Messaging errors

Guest nickmo20

Guest nickmo20

I've developed a fairly basic and simple ROM with 300mb main storage and a clean 102mb RAM free at idle of 150mb (cooked at 12mb pp)

The ONLY issue i've found, is that i cannot send/respond to messages. I can create a new message from scratch and send, but the text box where i would type my response does not allow me to select it. if anyone would be able to compile a list of files needed, it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried replacing files I thought I needed but somewhere along the line i deleted something off my PC instead of placing unwanted items in the zzzRemove folder.

Thanks

Guest amdzero
I've developed a fairly basic and simple ROM with 300mb main storage and a clean 102mb RAM free at idle of 150mb (cooked at 12mb pp)

The ONLY issue i've found, is that i cannot send/respond to messages. I can create a new message from scratch and send, but the text box where i would type my response does not allow me to select it. if anyone would be able to compile a list of files needed, it would be greatly appreciated. I've tried replacing files I thought I needed but somewhere along the line i deleted something off my PC instead of placing unwanted items in the zzzRemove folder.

Thanks

are you talking about HTC or Samsung messaging?

If its HTC, then you probably are missing some packages, if its samsung there are some .png files that need to be in there else the screen looks blank.

Guest nickmo20

Samsung/Windows. I am not too fond of the samsung messaging app, but no matter, I cannot select the text box to reply under any of them. I replaced some files i thought i needed and it's still not working.. most likely I need to re cook with those files inside. BUT I need to know what it is I'm missing. that's why i'm requesting anything/everything needing to be added for a ROM.

Edited by nickmo20

Guest amdzero
Samsung/Windows. I am not too fond of the samsung messaging app, but no matter, I cannot select the text box to reply under any of them. I replaced some files i thought i needed and it's still not working.. most likely I need to re cook with those files inside. BUT I need to know what it is I'm missing. that's why i'm requesting anything/everything needing to be added for a ROM.

Try to unzip these files into your \windows\ folder and see if it helps.

png.zip

Guest nickmo20
Try to unzip these files into your \windows\ folder and see if it helps.

png.zip

It's a no go, when placed in \windows, it asked if i would like to replace all files and i did. the total size of the old vs. new was the same too.. thanks for the attempt. looks like i'll have to start with a fresh OEM again..

Guest amdzero
It's a no go, when placed in \windows, it asked if i would like to replace all files and i did. the total size of the old vs. new was the same too.. thanks for the attempt. looks like i'll have to start with a fresh OEM again..

well don't start over yet, as a last resort, try installing this cab and see what happens. Yes it is large so I had to 4shared it. but if it works you can start to narrow down what is missing.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HWe2pZKR/AMDZe...0_minimum1.html

Guest nickmo20
well don't start over yet, as a last resort, try installing this cab and see what happens. Yes it is large so I had to 4shared it. but if it works you can start to narrow down what is missing.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HWe2pZKR/AMDZe...0_minimum1.html

did not work... I 'do not have proper permissions' to install... it seemed to get about a 1/3 of the way before that error message, and took nearly 15 minutes to reach that 1/3.

Guest amdzero
did not work... I 'do not have proper permissions' to install... it seemed to get about a 1/3 of the way before that error message, and took nearly 15 minutes to reach that 1/3.

well I hoped that the cab would work as you can uninstall it. but here is the 7zip file, just unzip to your windows folder (use total commander, as it will over write files fast).

http://www.4shared.com/file/2jnHyU8D/OEMApps.html