22 replies to this topic

McrRed

McrRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade/San Francisco
  • Twitter:@@McrRed

can you make some photos too? because I don't really understand what points on motherboard need to be joined/soldered.

The wire is small but ifyou magnify the pictures you can see where to solder.

My phone has had terrible reception since a drop on the floor, given the delicate nature of this part of the PCB I'm not surprised...I'm itching to try this fix.
Did anyone actually get their Blade working properly?

Hauzer

Hauzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Nokia E63, iPhone 4S
I would like to confirm that is a hardware problem, and no software can solve the issue (other than applications such as "Signal Boost" by Orange, which uses a WiFi connection; but does not increase GSM reception).

I have followed the photos above, unfortunately I do not have a soldiering gun, therefore tried various different methods. I applied copper cables, and that seemed to work. But it wasn't too effective and came loose too often; so I put some staples in (I have not stapled anything). I have taken out a staple, bend it, and made the two items touch. I have placed 3 staples to increase connectivity, and I now recieve full signal [on O2/giffgaff] indoors.

I wouldn't recommend the staple idea, since it can come loose if the phone is dropped. What I would recommend is that you solder, or ask for a warranty (if you're out of warrenty, you can blag it to the CS). :)

Drakedian

Drakedian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
And what if i insert a little wifi/rf antenne to that socket, next to the radioantenne ? Could that work, to improve the signal ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users