cdzo72, on Apr 21 2011, 15:44, said:
I have the same question/problem as Oscar786. I have StreakDroid 1.9 installed and flashed the 318 baseband also. But the reason I am curious as to updating to the 345 or even higher is the same reason anyone even goes through the trouble of all this... getting the very most out of your device and for me personally, it's just the need to tinker with it and see what changes....
Put it like this... I install an app and then sync to appbrain... if there's an update I update, no matter how minor it may be... the numbers matter to me. To know there is a newer version out there that I am not using that I may benefit from is something I just can't stand to think about....
So the question remains, how can we flash the newest available baseband, or the only thing that would abate that question is if that new baseband would be detremental to my 1.9 StreakDroid install
Thanks guys for any input
P.S. I went from getting my Streak back from "brick" by using the QDL tool. So that had me at BB 305 and I had ALL KINDS of problems. As soon as I flashed 318 all problems went away at first boot. So once again, unless I am told that a higher baseband will hurt me, or am told I won't perceive any difference, then I wanna know how to do it
Am on BB 351 running 1.9.0 and rocking the Streak: (Think having lastest BB is always best)
1. Install Steakmod, I don't why, but I just like it over clockworkmod:
2. Make Nandroid back up of your Streak
3. Go to TheManii's web page: http://mirror2.strea....com/manii/351/
4. Download recovery.img (351 zip did not work for me, but if you can get it to work 80% of your work is done)
5. Anyways if 351 zip doesn't work get 351 from here: http://mobileupdate.....1_15609_00.pkg
6. Now the work starts, make backup of your Dell system using backup and restore. Synch your contacts with Google, if you Dolphin HD browser export your bookmarks to your SD, for any other browser do what you got to do to save your bookmarks.
7. Rename 351 download to Update.pkg and place on root of your SD card.
8. Reboot into fastboot, flash recovery, reboot into Dell start up, install Update.pkg and reboot to normal operating mode.
9. Reboot into Fastboot flash Steakmod, reboot into Streakmod and install 1.9.0
10. Restart, takes a bit through some of the installs, but I never bricked my Streak while upgrading BB's, while doing other things well let's say I am glad QDL tool exists......
11. Once restarted should be on 351 baseband running Steve's 1.9.0 Kernel.
12. Dell restore your apps, synch with google to get your contacts and restore your browser bookmarks.
13. If all fails reinstall your Nandroid backup to get the system to were it was before you started.
Am sure there are shortcuts, but those usually bite me in the ass, so I go the long route, a bit more pain, but never have problems.
Hope this helps.