6 Apr r1: SQLite performance enhancement

Guest PaulOBrien

zerocoolriddler at XDA-developers pointed me in the direction of a SQLite mod that could potentially improve performance on our devices, detailed in this post.

I'm implemented it by recompiling patched source as appropriate and I now consistently hit well over 3,000 on Quadrant. :D

I'll be including the fix in MCR Fr8, but in the meantime, you can apply the update below from recovery to your existing ROM.

• DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: f72abe12ca9fc263eef4078636db842a

Enjoy! B)

P

Guest Mr.HTML

Just made a clean install of MCK FR7, installed the Overclocking kernal and just about to install this.

Which benchmark app do you use?

Guest Sorensiim

Imagine if somebody combined this fix with a barebones FR7 mcr bake and the OC kernel from XDA. All known tweaks, running at 1400Mhz could be fun... For benchmarking, and not much else :D

Will be installing this as soon as I'm done copying roughly 5 metric tons of crap to my microsd - All phones should come with USB3 and 160gb of 6 GPBS internal storage, yet maintain their current size and battery life. And have them make coffe too, while you're at it.

Edit: Lol, look at the post above mine. If Quadrant was an olympic disciplin, all Modaco users would be asked to supply urine samples.

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest sibbor
This should work on any ROM btw!

P

Going to try it soon. I'm not sure I would have included it in Fr8 though... but perhaps keep it as an external ZIP file we could flash:

"SQLite executes an fsync() system call (or the equivalent) at key points to make certain that critical data has actually been written to the disk drive surface. Synchronization is necessary to guarantee the integrity of the database if the operating system crashes or the computer powers down unexpectedly in the middle of a database update. The second time reported for SQLite is when synchronization is turned off. With synchronization off, SQLite is sometimes much faster, but there is a risk that an operating system crash or an unexpected power failure could damage the database."
- not sure if this is too good on a device where crashes occur and we're running on battery. But, can be a false alert though.

Gonna flash your .9 based kernel before testing this also: r4-mck-ext4-2x-unsigned.zip.

And see if this fixes freezes and crashes, otherwise I'm affraid my device will be eaten up from its inside ;-)

Thanks sharing your great findings, P!

Edited by sibbor

Arm....I am on stock 10A, build date ro.build.date.utc=1299570033

After I install SQLite the mark dropped from 2541 to 2513....strange....

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!!!!!!!

Guest Mr.HTML
I know eh! might install the 1.4 just for the crack to see if i can break the 4K mark :D

Just installed the 1.4 OC.

And gues what B)

The 4K mark is broken ;)

EDIT:

Made another benchmark, got better :D

post-866472-1302087569_thumb.png

post-866472-1302087700_thumb.png

Edited by Mr.HTML

Guest poi2005
Just installed the 1.4 OC.

And gues what :D

The 4K mark is broken B)

EDIT:

Made another benchmark, got better ;)

This is crazy. Does OC consume more battery life?

Guest gensplejs
Installed

I got 3078 :D

You need to install overclocked kernel from XDA to get the higher numbers poster...

1.2ghz or 1.4 ghz kernel...should give a lot more than 3000k

with the default fr7 kernel and sql fix i get between 2900 and 3080

Guest Schmew

Can you guys help me out, i dont have any experience at all with this and i want to try the 1.2 Kernel, the thread @ xda doesnt seem to explain properly how to do it.

Guest r3stless
I installed this and i'm hitting 3162 (with no overclocking) sweet!!

Even at 816 mhz with SetCPU and some apps running i get still 2600 (Rollback Kernel installed)

Nice work Pau very Nice!

No more Browser Hickups on Wifi i love it!