whatsapp on android tablet

Guest beffie

Guest beffie

hello

i was just wondering if i could use my android tablet 2.2 froyo to run whatsapp

i just tought maybe if i install it on my desire hd and then copy all the files to my tablet they both should be the same and registered to the same number

so the message would pop up on my tablet and dhd at the same time

but what do i copy and where do i place it back"???

or am i just thinking to simple B)

is there anybody who has done it? and did it work?

ive seen a short movie on youtube and it works but its another tablet

the tablet i have is an superpad2 (flytouch3)

just curious... :D

btw the dhd is rooted so ive got acces to all files

• 6 months later...
Guest test9876543

I'm aware this post is ancient, but as I stumbled across it while searching for a solution to install whatsapp on my HP Touchpad with Cyanogenmod alpha on it, I wanted to reply anyway for anyone who might be looking for the same. It might even work for you.

If you're trying to get it to run on CM7.1 a1 or a2.1 on Touchpad, the following worked for me if you have an android phone and have whatsapp working on that:

If you don't have an actual working whatsapp on your android phone you're out of luck. You can not setup/register whatsapp on the tablet directly.

1.) Install Titanium Backup Pro on the phone (available in market - no idea if it works with the free version as well, it might)

2.) Start Titanium Backup and make a backup of your apps and data using menu -> batch -> backup all user apps + system data

3.) Connect phone to computer via usb

4.) Turn on USB storage on phone

5.) On your computer go to the drive of your phone

6.) Go into the TitaniumBackup folder and copy the three files starting with "com.whatsapp-" onto your computer

7.) eject the android phone on your computer

8.) disable the USB storage on your phone

9.) Connect your touchpad via USB

10.) Turn on USB storage on touchpad

11.) On your computer go to the drive of the touchpad

12.) Create a new directory directly in the root of the USB storage and call the folder "TitaniumBackup"

13.) Copy the three files you copied off your phone into the new TitaniumBackup folder

14.) Eject the touchpad from your computer

15.) Disable the USB storage on your touchpad

16.) Install TitaniumBackup Pro on touchpad (may work with free version as well)

17.) Start TitaniumBackup on touchpad

18.) Tap on backup/restore at the top

19.) Scroll through the list, you'll find the entry for com.whatsapp in the list. On my system it was at the very bottom of the list.

20.) Tap on the entry and you'll get a popup. Tap on "restore" and select "App+Data"

21.) Once finished, just start whatsapp normally and it should work and even contain the chat history you had on your phone.

The first time I did the restore it hung. I killed the TitaniumBackup process via Home -> menu -> Manage applications -> all -> TitaniumBackup -> force close

and ensured whatsapp was not running by doing the same with whatsapp, then I went back into TitaniumBackup -> Backup/Restore -> Whatsapp -> restore and only selected data and it was working fine then.

Hope this helps.