GEN1 to GEN2 HSUPA? HSDPA?

Guest ZTE_Blade

Guest ZTE_Blade

hi,

i have just upgraded my gen1 osf to gen2 in order to unlock the hsUpa.

i do not know if it has actually done it. pigfish says im on gen2. im on t mobile WnW plus and i have a H symbol ( i have had this before but was that using hsDpa?)

how can i tell which one im using.

Thank you

by the way im getin around 1.8 Mbps using speed test .net app

Guest hedgepigdaniel
hi,

i have just upgraded my gen1 osf to gen2 in order to unlock the hsUpa.

i do not know if it has actually done it. pigfish says im on gen2. im on t mobile WnW plus and i have a H symbol ( i have had this before but was that using hsDpa?)

how can i tell which one im using.

Thank you

by the way im getin around 1.8 Mbps using speed test .net app

HSUPA affects uploads, not downloads. if your upload speed is significantly above 384kb/s then you have HSUPA working.

Guest ZTE_Blade

Thank you.

i am not getting anywhere near that speed on my uploads. so i am guessing i am on hsDpa.

does anybody know if i have to phone t mobile to get hsUpa enabled?

Guest gwebb
Thank you.

i am not getting anywhere near that speed on my uploads. so i am guessing i am on hsDpa.

does anybody know if i have to phone t mobile to get hsUpa enabled?

I don't think so, I can't say for certain but I've never had to ask for such a thing to be enabled.

FWIW I posted a bunch of speeds earlier with my own phone upgraded to Gen2. It does not seem to have enabled HSUPA.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1660180

Guest pisti7204
In my location hsupa is supported by provider and it dosn´t work. My question is that who GOT hsupa working with gen2 update?

download speed : 5464 kbps (on GEN1 it was below 2500)

upload speed : 771 kbps (on GEN1 was below 200)

I think my HSUPA working.

Provider: Vodafone Hungary

Guest hecatae
download speed : 5464 kbps (on GEN1 it was below 2500)

upload speed : 771 kbps (on GEN1 was below 200)

I think my HSUPA working.

Provider: Vodafone Hungary

yes that's working HSUPA

Guest pisti7204

I think the HSUPA support is related not just to main firmware (GEN1 or GEN2). My ROM is Swedish Spring RLS4b, the best ROM I ever used.

Try to install that ROM with full wipe and speed-test your Blade again.

Guest hecatae
I think the HSUPA support is related not just to main firmware (GEN1 or GEN2). My ROM is Swedish Spring RLS4b, the best ROM I ever used.

Try to install that ROM with full wipe and speed-test your Blade again.

kallt_kaffe change the ril libs between rls4 and rls4b, I'm using rls4

Guest mrradmir

Maybe also differenses in amss.mbn's version:

COMVIQ - CSE_P729VV1.0.0B04 CSE_P729VV1.0.0B01 20101216

TELIA - FRY_SFIN_P729BV1.0.0B05 FRY_SFIN_P729BV1.0.0B01 20110106

Guest kallt_kaffe
kallt_kaffe change the ril libs between rls4 and rls4b, I'm using rls4

RLS4 uses Comviq RILs, RLS4b uses Telia RILs. Comviq had renamed "Sweden 3G" (A 3G net that is shared between Comviq and Telia to "Comviq") and also the Telia ones where more recent. It made sense at the time to switch but perhaps it was not such a smart move if it disabled HSUPA.

Guest pisti7204
RLS4 uses Comviq RILs, RLS4b uses Telia RILs. Comviq had renamed "Sweden 3G" (A 3G net that is shared between Comviq and Telia to "Comviq") and also the Telia ones where more recent. It made sense at the time to switch but perhaps it was not such a smart move if it disabled HSUPA.

I haven't tested the data speed with RLS4 (before I was FLB-G2 user...). But RLS4b with integrated RILs more then good for me. My internet speed is doubled with your latest ROM combined with GEN2 firmware!

And all I want to say is thank you! :-)

Guest gwebb

I've now tried RLS4 as well as RLS4b and neither of them is enabling HSUPA.

I flashed the Gen 2 original partitions update from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/

AFAIK that uses the Comviq amss.mbn, so in theory it should work with the RLS4 Comviq ril libs, but uplink stubbornly stays ~ 350 kb/s.

I pop my Three SIM into my GT540 and bingo, HSUPA works. It's consistently fast (4000 kb/s down, 1500 kb/s up, sub 100 ms ping), so I don't think I've got a problem with the signal.

I'm stumped.

Guest kallt_kaffe
I've now tried RLS4 as well as RLS4b and neither of them is enabling HSUPA.

I flashed the Gen 2 original partitions update from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...2-windows-only/

AFAIK that uses the Comviq amss.mbn, so in theory it should work with the RLS4 Comviq ril libs, but uplink stubbornly stays ~ 350 kb/s.

Actully I'm pretty sure I used the Telia update for the Gen1->Gen2 package. So you might want to try getting the .mbn files from the official Comviq upgrade and try again.

Guest hecatae
Actully I'm pretty sure I used the Telia update for the Gen1->Gen2 package. So you might want to try getting the .mbn files from the official Comviq upgrade and try again.

I used the comviq upgrade only. did not realise the gen1 to gen2 upgrade was using the telia files

http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327

the comviq files are the top link

Edited by hecatae

Guest gwebb
I used the comviq upgrade only. did not realise the gen1 to gen2 upgrade was using the telia files

http://www.ztesweden.se/Exego.aspx?p_id=327

the comviq files are the top link

Right that explains it then.

If I've got this straight, using the firmware linked in the update guide thread will not give you HSUPA. It doesn't matter what ril lib is used as the amss.mbn is the wrong one.

Probably want to change the guide to make that clear, and encourage everyone who wants HSUPA to use the Comviq update instead with RLS4, which is the only known combination that works at the moment.

Guest hecatae
Right that explains it then.

If I've got this straight, using the firmware linked in the update guide thread will not give you HSUPA. It doesn't matter what ril lib is used as the amss.mbn is the wrong one.

Probably want to change the guide to make that clear, and encourage everyone who wants HSUPA to use the Comviq update instead with RLS4, which is the only known combination that works at the moment.

strange thing is, pisti used the telia files and got HSUPA

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1660560

Guest kallt_kaffe

Ok, so I reflashed using Comviq upgrade files.

Tried Comviq RIL libs, TeliaSonera RIL libs and Saunalahti RIL libs. All test gave a maximum of 384kbps upload speed.

As reference I used the same SIM in my Desire and got 700-800 kbps upload speed.

Guest gwebb
Ok, so I reflashed using Comviq upgrade files.

Tried Comviq RIL libs, TeliaSonera RIL libs and Saunalahti RIL libs. All test gave a maximum of 384kbps upload speed.

As reference I used the same SIM in my Desire and got 700-800 kbps upload speed.

Yeah I just flashed Comviq 2.2 with Clockworkmod as the recovery and then used that to install RLS4, so I've now got Comviq amss.mbn and Comviq ril libs (unless I'm getting confused) and guess what? No HSUPA. :D

I'm extra stumped now, there has to be some piece of the puzzle missing.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Well, perhaps there are differences in hardware between old and new blades. Mine is a "original" OSF with OLED.

And/Or there may be differences in the HSUPA standard in different countries/networks.

Guest hecatae
Well, perhaps there are differences in hardware between old and new blades. Mine is a "original" OSF with OLED.

And/Or there may be differences in the HSUPA standard in different countries/networks.

mine is an OLED OSF too

Guest JolyonS
mine is an OLED OSF too

Which country / network are you on? (I assume UK if you are really in Northampton!)

Edited by JolyonS

Guest hecatae
Which country / network are you on? (I assume UK if you are really in Northampton!)

O2 UK with an iphone tariff.

Edited by hecatae