updated to custom rom

Guest uk_dan2k

Guest uk_dan2k

hi all,

been testing out some custom froms for i900, moved up to windows 6.5 and installed my fav apps again, all seem to work fine except "remote desktop", it installs fine and loads but when you enter the pcs ip address or pc name, then it never connects.

anyone else had this problem and know a fix?

Guest mureta
hi all,

been testing out some custom froms for i900, moved up to windows 6.5 and installed my fav apps again, all seem to work fine except "remote desktop", it installs fine and loads but when you enter the pcs ip address or pc name, then it never connects.

anyone else had this problem and know a fix?

Try this :

Well it's not exactly hard. You simply need to activate RDP (provided you can connect to it).

So the following might not match exactly what's on your PC, but it goes like this:

Open the Control Panel (Start > Control panel)

Head to System

Click on "Advanced system settings" on the left menu

Click on the "Remote control" tab

On the lower section of the window, check the second option, namely "Allow any version of Remote Desktop"

Click OK

And you're good to go. Windows 7 versions with SKUs lower than Professional (Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium) will not have that option available, so if your version doesn't match Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate you will need to find another way (VNC, logmein, whatever).

You will need your network/PC's IP/address; depends if you want to connect from your carrier's network or from your own network's wireless. As it's quite a pain to explain NAT tables, routers and ports, I will assume you already know those.

For the record, RDP uses the TCP port 3389, and if you use sound, its own UDP port. Just forward TCP 3389 if you use a router and would like to connect from your carrier's connection.

mureta.

Guest uk_dan2k
Try this :

Well it's not exactly hard. You simply need to activate RDP (provided you can connect to it).

So the following might not match exactly what's on your PC, but it goes like this:

Open the Control Panel (Start > Control panel)

Head to System

Click on "Advanced system settings" on the left menu

Click on the "Remote control" tab

On the lower section of the window, check the second option, namely "Allow any version of Remote Desktop"

Click OK

And you're good to go. Windows 7 versions with SKUs lower than Professional (Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium) will not have that option available, so if your version doesn't match Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate you will need to find another way (VNC, logmein, whatever).

You will need your network/PC's IP/address; depends if you want to connect from your carrier's network or from your own network's wireless. As it's quite a pain to explain NAT tables, routers and ports, I will assume you already know those.

For the record, RDP uses the TCP port 3389, and if you use sound, its own UDP port. Just forward TCP 3389 if you use a router and would like to connect from your carrier's connection.

mureta.

already got all them settings, my phone picks up my wifi connection fine and gets registered with an ip address in the same network range, even tried disabling firewall on both router and computer with no luck, so must be somethin with the phone.

Guest mureta
already got all them settings, my phone picks up my wifi connection fine and gets registered with an ip address in the same network range, even tried disabling firewall on both router and computer with no luck, so must be somethin with the phone.

Have you tried with another rom? May be some conflict with This capability rom. Very stranger.

Really do not know how else to help you.

mureta.