23 replies to this topic

ChakMD

ChakMD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero

Finally! :-)

I am glad you got it working, I know how frustrating it was getting it to work. But it was worth in the end.

Dont have my Transformer yet (preordered the bundle from Amazon, so still got a bit to wait) but got a question about this - is there an issue using the tablet with DHCP addresses ? Any reason I'd need to set a static ? My other devices (PS3, laptop, ipod touch, printer, etc) all work quite happily using DHCP, and I'd hoped the tablet would be the same...

Dave.

PS - Be gentle - first post on here !! :)

Welcome aboard. I am not sure if this is a common issue or not. Myself and Benny both had routers provided from Be, so it could be due to something with the routers they supply. But even if you do have issues you know where to come to find the answer :)

Benny Boy

Benny Boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Personally not sure yet as only tethered to the phone (worked) and been at home (didn't work)...but given very few people have posted on here with problems I imagine there is not much need for static IPs. Could just be with some routers I guess...

I will post again after I've used it a bit more and let you know.

B

Benny Boy

Benny Boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
As promised, an update.

I have successfully connected to numerous routers, public and private without any problems, so it would seem that the problem chakmd and I had was to do with the be router, not the Transformer.

Next up is to figure out how to play HD video without jumpiness!

Still loving it though...

mikriii

mikriii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation
Greetings everyone,
I'm new to wi-fi and android stuff, so please if someone can help me with my problem. I got same thing going on like the first guy in this topic,
connected to wi-fi but no internet, and I've read your answers and I see that the problem is solved, but I don't know how to do it correctly. I mean those DNS and IP stuff.
I'm using Belkin wireless G router ver 7004yy, and the phone is HTC Sensation
Please help me this is so frustrating :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users