3gp format videos don't work in CM7 nightlies

Guest michaelviper

Guest michaelviper

When using CM7 trying to play 3gp format videos don't work, it just comes up with the message "Sorry, this video cannot be played" this doesn't happen on any 2.2 rom i've tried only the cm's, i've tried using vplayer but i don't like the interface and i whenever i try to fast forward or rewind it buffers and then stays in the same place it was in before, its also slow to play videos a problem i didn't have when using the stock android video player in ss rls4 can someone please help me with my problem

I would really appreciate a solution to this really annoying problem, its the only reason i don't use CM7

Fanks in Advance :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Download QQPlayer from the market.

Now try :)

If that doesn't work try changing the decoder options (press menu) and try using system decoder, and then the QQPlayer decoder.

Many people also recommend Rockplayer, should the above not work

Guest cyberjak

If you do a search google for ZTE BLADE will not play mp4 over 1 hour long

you'll find an issue report that some videos will not play if over 1 hour long if running the cyanogenmod cm7

i've tried to resolve it by re-encoding a number of resolutions WAY lower then required by the screen, dropping the audio track , changing the container type the lot

it literally is the length of he film

and i believe this to be the case as other films in the ram card that are smaller show the time code's for he lengh of the films the one in quesiton just shows __:__

so i'm flashing back to a japanese jellyfish rls9 i was running previously to test

note: i've tried : QQ player, Media player, and about 4 other players from the market that claim mp4/mkv/h.264 and all of them give the same failure

Edit: tried 2 other Roms all failed as well. Including the rls8 deorginated. Which is

Android eclair 2.1-update1. Will try and post again if I figure it out. As goig to re render same film limited

To 50min as a test

Edited by cyberjak