Micro USB socket faulty? Mains Charger(s) stopped working but USB charging works ok

Guest NorthRiding

Guest tekarijee

My girlfriend's AC charger stopped working exactly like this on stock ROM. She changed the charger at local dealer and problem was solved.

Today my own Blade AC charger seems to have stopped working. I'm running SS RLS5, and it has been working fine for several months. USB charging works fine. Will try another AC charger later today and see if it's a phone problem or charger problem.

• 2 months later...
Guest Pierreism

I just got this problem last night. It's totally annoying!

No fix seems to be working, but I'm sure its a battery reporting problem. The zte diagnostics say the battery is fine and healthy, but that must be incorrect also.

Edit: I'm on GSF b27, but I flashed that after I discovered the problem within b26 to see if it was a ROM issue, it was not.

Edit 2: from the sounds of the phone when the USB charger is plugged in it sounds like it might be an internal issue with the power board. There's a pretty noticeable sparking sound coming from the battery pins. Has anyone solved this successfully or figured out the root cause?

Also I think this topic might be in the wrong forum. It's not ROM-specific!

Edited by Pierreism

• 1 month later...
Guest GuillermoD

I suppose this issue was never finally solved?

I installed 2.3.5 Gingerleak and Blade charged normally about week, but then it would be like 50/50 chance if it would charge from AC and finally it did not charge at all from the stock charger thru AC. Now it doesn't even recognize that it is plugged to the stock charger.

It charges normally thru USB.

So I ordered few chargers from DE and the first one (0.5A output) doesn't work but the second one (0.8A output) does. I also tried with few 1A chargers and it seems to work with them.

I've yet to test my stock charger on some other phone to see if it is dead. I think it might be.

I just happened to find the extra settings with "usb charging" option there and started googling and found this topic.

Guest Pierreism

Hey GuillermoD

Yeah I originally thought it was the power component in my phone when I posted, but I'm pretty sure it's the charger mains dongle itself. 2 of mine have failed and now I just charge through USB if I don't have another charger on hand. USB or another charger altogether is your best bet. Those dongles are pretty crappy.

• 3 months later...
Guest shanky887614

personally. i just use the kindle ac plug with my zte blade

ive found the bit of wire coming off the charger is so flimsy it breaks easy so i plug the usb cable that comes with the blade directly into the kindle plug

there pricy at around £12.99 but good quality (i already have a kindle that rarely needs charging so this suits me fine)

and outputs 5v at 0.85amps or 850 miliamps

the phone should only be drawing what it needs so it should be fine.

i know its the charger because i move around the charger and it stops and starts working and it charges slower than usb on my pc.

ive had the phone since july so not even a year old since this started happening

on kindle charger. it also says charging ac in status

Edited by shanky887614