CM7 Stable (7.0) is out :)

Guest goatee

Guest goatee

Downloading horribly slowly now :) download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=blade.

If you haven't installed Cyanogenmod before, then you need to know that you need to download the Google Apps and install them through clockwork, separately to the main ROM, as Google asked Cyanogen not to include them in the ROMs.

You can download the GApps from http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...0307-signed.zip or mirrored at http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/ (these links are on the official CM wiki at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version )

WARNING - some users have had issues restoring apps that were backed up from 2.2 (Froyo - e.g. SS or FLB). I've had no such problems, but you may need to download the app again from the market, and then use Titanium to restore the app data.

Edited by goatee

Guest heavyduty00

awesome thanks!

can I just confirm that you just need to use latest clockworkmod recovery and install it like you would install any other froyo rom if you have a gen1 phone?

Guest cjb110

I did, remember if your going from another rom, or to be on the safe side, backup and then wipe everything in clockwork first.

what are the headline changes between this and rc4?

blank settings pages are the biggest bug I had:( the screen 'worked'/responded just nowt drawn.

Guest SKalay

im trying it now, but I can't seem to get it to sync my contacts from google mail.

I get up to a default server setting screen, with user name, password, and server - use secure connection ticked, click next and it gives me this message:- unable to open connection to server.

I'm guessing it an issue with my setup / connection? internet works though...

*EDIt, it's ok, did a cache wipe / factory reset etc, and now it's added my contacts.

Edited by SKalay

Guest jtc42

Just realized I'm more likely to get a response here than the other thread:

I've probably missed something here. So CM7.0 WILL work on Gen1 phones, but everything after that will be Gen2 only, and we will need to upgrade to use CM? But as it is right now, the Gen1 version has less bugs than on Gen2? (Ie, GPS fix)

Guest treschi
im trying it now, but I can't seem to get it to sync my contacts from google mail.

I get up to a default server setting screen, with user name, password, and server - use secure connection ticked, click next and it gives me this message:- unable to open connection to server.

I'm guessing it an issue with my setup / connection? internet works though...

Gapps installed? Seems like you're trying it with the settings for business mails...

Guest thomnowuk

Anyone else having problems with Beautiful Widgets force closing when trying to add to the homescreen? I've been having this problem for the past CM7 releases.. (Flashing CM7 Final with latest gapps)

Guest wookie16081965
Anyone else having problems with Beautiful Widgets force closing when trying to add to the homescreen? I've been having this problem for the past CM7 releases.. (Flashing CM7 Final with latest gapps)

i had that on nightley 38 first time tried cm been on swedish spring also got black screen when went into settings

Guest jayhix

yeah i did, took me a awful long time to get a BW widget on my homescreen i ended up leaving it on the blank screen it showed me while loading up the app and going to bed, by morning it was loaded :)

Guest Superfuzz
Just realized I'm more likely to get a response here than the other thread:

I've probably missed something here. So CM7.0 WILL work on Gen1 phones, but everything after that will be Gen2 only, and we will need to upgrade to use CM? But as it is right now, the Gen1 version has less bugs than on Gen2? (Ie, GPS fix)

Yes that's correct.

Guest hahawas

Do you think I should upgrade from FLB 11b to CM7 stable, i want a well rounded rom that can run games with full speed

Edited by hahawas

Guest mELIANTE
Do you think I should upgrade from FLB 11b to CM7 stable, i want a well rounded rom that can run games with full speed

Yes, but you probably won't be able to run games that rely on the accelerometer.

Guest the_fox

just a quick FYI (and as expected): people with a borked touchscreen with other custom ROMs will also have a borked touchscreen with CM7 stable :) (couldn't hurt to try)