CM7 Stable (7.0) is out :)

Guest goatee

Guest Carbonize

Anyone else having problems getting gapps to install?

Sorted it now. Was a corrupt download.

Edited by Carbonize

Guest Efzekawe
Anyone else having problems getting gapps to install?

Yes.

I get the installation dialogue but when I try to install I get an FC.

The problem seems to be that the market app isn't installed correctly.

First I thought, it's because I'm using a 128mb partition. But even stripping the rom down didn't help.

Neither did wiping, reinstalling or formating /system. Also did md5 test. :)

Nevermind stripping out some more apps did the trick! :)

Edited by Efzekawe

Guest Matthew Ferguson

Just to clear up a few misconceptions I've been reading on this thread...

1. THIS IS NOT CM7 FINAL, by any means. It's CM7 Stable, purely by name, and is nearly if not fully identical to Nightly 38, it is only different by name. Final indicates that it's the last version to be released, ie FLB Froyo G2 r11, or Japanese Jellyfish RLS9, which were both the "final" versions of their rom tree. The only reason this version has been labelled CM 7.0.0 final is that's it's the final for that particular number, and the final for Gen1 phones.

2. Even though the file says "upgrade" you can install as a rom as normal, via the normal clockwork way of wiping data/factory reset, and installing. If you're on Nightly 38 or similar, the wiping is not necessary.

3. CM7 DOES NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORT GEN2 BLADES. FUTURE VERSIONS AS CURRENTLY KNOWN WILL ONLY SUPPORT GEN 2, BUT NOT AT THE MOMENT. The way people currently have CM7 running on their Gen2 blades is by KK/Koush's converter, which changes a couple of files and recompiles the kernel to the new base address.

And just as a final note, there isn't any drastic difference between Gen1 and Gen2 phones, the kernel is just compiled at a different base address. All phones that come shipped with 2.1 (the old kernel) are Gen1, and those that come shipped with 2.2 (with the new kernel, e.g. Softbank 003Z, V880) are Gen2.

That is all.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest Poodha

Are there any big differences between N35 and this stable version? I heard there was a lots of complaints about the new kernel(or something) in one of the versions after N35(think it was N36) so is there any point for me to upgrade if my N35 is running pretty well?

Guest Matthew Ferguson
Are there any big differences between N35 and this stable version? I heard there was a lots of complaints about the new kernel(or something) in one of the versions after N35(think it was N36) so is there any point for me to upgrade if my N35 is running pretty well?

As far as I can tell, with N37 there was a big battery improvement (for me personally) but that's about it.

Guest iKrautDroid

Hey everybody, im a real cyanogenmod fan, but im not sure if I want to use a rom with a lagging accelerometer.

So could a few ppl please post of its lagging on thier blades or not.

That would be really nice

thanx in advance

Guest jurrasstoil

I can already see the "why is this called stable, X doesn't work and Y crashes my phone when i use it, etc." posts.

It's more like Windows ME kind of stable.

Guest JolyonS
my phone feels heavier after installing this, does anyone know how much CM7 weighs?

It'll vary a bit with language / region as some have heavier accents.

Guest hecatae
It'll vary a bit with language / region as some have heavier accents.

at least it does not have xt9 ime and all those language packs, that'll really weigh it down

Guest goatee

I haven't had a chance to install this yet, but surprised to read of issues with the accelerometer - I'm currently on RC4, and it was fixed in RC4 (I previously had the issue).

Guest mELIANTE
I haven't had a chance to install this yet, but surprised to read of issues with the accelerometer - I'm currently on RC4, and it was fixed in RC4 (I previously had the issue).

Still there for a lot of us.

Guest goatee
Still there for a lot of us.

Hmm - that's odd, but then I guess my phone is sensitive when it comes to the proximity sensor, and I have to fiddle to get it working when I do a wipe.

Guest domdom43
Im having no problems with the accelerometer

the first seconds all is OK, but after, games becomes implayable.

Even with applications like 'accelerometer values', just after boot graph's display plots quicky, after several seconds, plots are added slowly (at least on my blade...)

Guest IPB_Refugee

In my case, the EXT3 partition for a2sd has not been recognized anymore (neither for Darktremor's a2sd nor for the special a2sd version for Cyanogen). When I switched back to Swedish Spring, it worked well again. Strange, isn't it?

Furthermore there is no USB tethering @CM7 for our Blades at the moment.

Guest ColdEmbrace
did the update .zip thing, now its been having that cm7 logo and a ring running for 10 minutes or more.. wtf.

Removing your battery and rebooting usually works if not check the hash sums and redownload and reflash, remember to wipe everything