CM7 Stable (7.0) is out :)

Guest goatee

Guest k0zmic
In my case, the EXT3 partition for a2sd has not been recognized anymore (neither for Darktremor's a2sd nor for the special a2sd version for Cyanogen). When I switched back to Swedish Spring, it worked well again. Strange, isn't it?

Furthermore there is no USB tethering @CM7 for our Blades at the moment.

Had the same problem, whenever I flashed Darktremors my phone would just get stuck on the Green Android logo.

Guest domdom43
Just to clear up a few misconceptions I've been reading on this thread...

1. THIS IS NOT CM7 FINAL, by any means. It's CM7 Stable, purely by name, and is nearly if not fully identical to Nightly 38, it is only different by name. Final indicates that it's the last version to be released, ie FLB Froyo G2 r11, or Japanese Jellyfish RLS9, which were both the "final" versions of their rom tree. The only reason this version has been labelled CM 7.0.0 final is that's it's the final for that particular number, and the final for Gen1 phones.

2. Even though the file says "upgrade" you can install as a rom as normal, via the normal clockwork way of wiping data/factory reset, and installing. If you're on Nightly 38 or similar, the wiping is not necessary.

3. CM7 DOES NOT CURRENTLY SUPPORT GEN2 BLADES. FUTURE VERSIONS AS CURRENTLY KNOWN WILL ONLY SUPPORT GEN 2, BUT NOT AT THE MOMENT. The way people currently have CM7 running on their Gen2 blades is by KK/Koush's converter, which changes a couple of files and recompiles the kernel to the new base address.

And just as a final note, there isn't any drastic difference between Gen1 and Gen2 phones, the kernel is just compiled at a different base address. All phones that come shipped with 2.1 (the old kernel) are Gen1, and those that come shipped with 2.2 (with the new kernel, e.g. Softbank 003Z, V880) are Gen2.

That is all.

If diff between Gena&Gen2 is just a base adress of the kernel, why don't just add a new compilation option that compil kernel and modules in GEN1 or GEN2.

By default, new version will be compiled for GEN2 (nightly also), but if someone want to build a GEN1 version, he just has to get last source version and build it with the correct compil option

Guest robot1000
Yes.

I get the installation dialogue but when I try to install I get an FC.

The problem seems to be that the market app isn't installed correctly.

First I thought, it's because I'm using a 128mb partition. But even stripping the rom down didn't help.

Neither did wiping, reinstalling or formating /system. Also did md5 test. :)

Nevermind stripping out some more apps did the trick! :)

I'm also having this issue

May I ask, what apps did you remove?

Guest ThrashMan
If diff between Gena&Gen2 is just a base adress of the kernel, why don't just add a new compilation option that compil kernel and modules in GEN1 or GEN2.

By default, new version will be compiled for GEN2 (nightly also), but if someone want to build a GEN1 version, he just has to get last source version and build it with the correct compil option

.....and if Gen2 has better reception and funky new high speed 3G stuff, why can't the radios be transfered to Gen1 ROM?

Guest Efzekawe
I'm also having this issue

May I ask, what apps did you remove?

I removed CMWallpapers.apk and RomManager.apk.

If for some reason the problem continues to exist, you could try my custom zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbw238zcezfokxo/c...lade-signed.zip

I can confirm that it worked on my blade gen1 on a 128mb partition.

However in the process of figuring out what was going wrong, I also wiped everything and formatted /system. So if the above doesn't help, could try this. In my case after that process it was necessary to flash the gapps separately. I used this zip: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Guest hahawas
This rom works fine for me. Accelerometer & GPS work fine. Where can i find market, gmail, and other default apps?

install gapps, go to market and choose which google apps you want. (i had same problem)

Guest Matthew Ferguson

That'd be extra work on their part, it's what KK's converter does atm, for Gen1 to Gen2 kernel conversion.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
.....and if Gen2 has better reception and funky new high speed 3G stuff, why can't the radios be transfered to Gen1 ROM?

It's something to do with how the new kernel works at the new base address. I don't know how...

All I know is that it's definitely JUST that, as Gen1 blades can be converted to Gen2.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Guest mon3em

just installed it and market missing & can't add my Gmail account

- no voice in google bar or message

i'll back to ss again . :)

Edited by mon3em

Guest robot1000
I removed CMWallpapers.apk and RomManager.apk.

If for some reason the problem continues to exist, you could try my custom zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbw238zcezfokxo/c...lade-signed.zip

I can confirm that it worked on my blade gen1 on a 128mb partition.

However in the process of figuring out what was going wrong, I also wiped everything and formatted /system. So if the above doesn't help, could try this. In my case after that process it was necessary to flash the gapps separately. I used this zip: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Removing those 2 files and installing Gapps worked!

Guest Fou-lu
just installed it and market missing & can't add my Gmail account

- no voice in google bar or message

i'll back to ss again . :)

you have to flash the gapps.zip seperatly after flashing the CM rom to get market on bootup..

Guest Comas

OK, Done here.

i make format system, wipe cache/data, and nothing in GEN1. Not happy, i make a update to GEN2 and now i have Market, and it runs fast but fast.

Of course i update to clockwork 3.0.2.4 blade g2, tanks 4 all.

Tomorrow more feedback.

Guest Simon O

If you can't install Gapps or you have installed and the market is showing up then you have almost certainly resized your system partition. The CM guys stated some time ago that resized partitions will not be supported.

Solution 1: Remove the TTS folder from system. This will free up enough space to allow Gapps to install correctly along with the market app.

Solution 2: Edit the resize scripts to make the system partition a minimum of 132MB instead of 128MB. CM7 is designed to fit into 130MB partitions but since the blade port has a 3MB wifi module it's slightly bigger than other devices. 132MB should let CM7 and gapps install perfectly.

Solution 3: Don't resize the partitions in the first place :)

Guest dune99
If you can't install Gapps or you have installed and the market is showing up then you have almost certainly resized your system partition. The CM guys stated some time ago that resized partitions will not be supported.

Solution 1: Remove the TTS folder from system. This will free up enough space to allow Gapps to install correctly along with the market app.

Solution 2: Edit the resize scripts to make the system partition a minimum of 132MB instead of 128MB. CM7 is designed to fit into 130MB partitions but since the blade port has a 3MB wifi module it's slightly bigger than other devices. 132MB should let CM7 and gapps install perfectly.

Solution 3: Don't resize the partitions in the first place :)

Hi Flibblesan, I have the same problem with the solution 2 I have my problem solved.

Thanks man.

Please check your email

Guest ThrashMan
Starting a new thread for this, without explaining gapps in post 1, was not a good idea. :)

To the contrary....it's quite amusing seeing the overconfident fall flat on their arses! :)

Guest tyrol_gangster

stuck at CM boot logo for 10+ minutes...

oops... forgot to wipe before flashing, sorry

Edited by tyrol_gangster