equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Racer
  • Twitter:@equiliym
ok i found a bug, i turned on that my screen last longer when in call and if my screen turns off, i cant end my call, it just flashes like lockscreen when i hit red button :)

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."
if i helped please press the vote up button :3

yetikid234

yetikid234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
@rexchun Thanks man and you @rickywyatt, let's get this perfect 2.2 or 2.3 ROM out for us racer users.

Lotta respect for you guys!

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
oh also when i lock phone, and check ddms in sdk my phone is still working, no wonder battery dies fast

Suffering-oriented programming.. "First make it possible. Then make it beautiful. Then make it fast."

The Cageybee

The Cageybee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
As I said in another post, many thanks rexchun, this really is a great rom.

I've been having a play and found a couple of things that might help people a little.

Disable surface dithering - Makes the things much more responsive and improves image quality
Hit menu - settings - cyanogenmod settings - performance - untick enable surface dithering

Screen on/off animations - smg22rus mentioned that the tv like screen on off animations don't work. I've got them working after playing with some setting in the cyanogenmod settings part and the normal display settings of the phone, can't remember what exactly I did though :) ,but I can confirm that they work.

SMS contacts link - Yep I can confirm this, but it's not really a big issue. If you want to send a contact an sms, just go into 'contacts', select the person you want to send it to and click on the envolope icon. easy.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

SMS contacts link - Yep I can confirm this, but it's not really a big issue. If you want to send a contact an sms, just go into 'contacts', select the person you want to send it to and click on the envolope icon. easy.

i dont really think i had that sms thingy issue since i use handcent or whatever its called but i had to re-sync everything few times today, phone just deletes my google accound and phonebook and i have to do all over again.. dont know why this is happening

amahiwal

amahiwal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks a lot Rex.... as far im using this rom for almost a day. I didn't find a lot of problems while using it. As i use Go SMS for sms's so not ure about sms contact selection problem. Yaa if we get soft key vibration on things will be great.

Great Job. Im quite happy with it

Khan Miro

Khan Miro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I would like to ask, does Android 2.3 include JIT in it or is there a way to install it ?

Waqas Salahuddin

Waqas Salahuddin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE RACER
Thanks rexchun...the best 2.3 rom so far. The most annoying issues are resolved now...hard keys and screen...This time I am happy to keep this rom loaded until some other minor bugs are fixed, never kept any earlier 2.3 roms.

imarkov

imarkov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Very good ROM, I was using Beta3 since rexchun posted it here and had various problems. This I have for a full day now and I think it is *much* better than beta. During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!). Don't have to reset phone every time when I want GPS anymore, that was a major pain :).

Looks really nice, but found a new problem. With Beta3, I used tun.ko from Blade (build for 2.6.32.9-pref ARMv6) and it worked flawlessly with both OpenVPN and VPNc. Now, it won't load, insmod is failing. Anyone has any idea?

What else can I say, thanks rexchun :)

rexchun

rexchun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Very good ROM, I was using Beta3 since rexchun posted it here and had various problems. This I have for a full day now and I think it is *much* better than beta. During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!). Don't have to reset phone every time when I want GPS anymore, that was a major pain :).

Looks really nice, but found a new problem. With Beta3, I used tun.ko from Blade (build for 2.6.32.9-pref ARMv6) and it worked flawlessly with both OpenVPN and VPNc. Now, it won't load, insmod is failing. Anyone has any idea?

What else can I say, thanks rexchun :)

maybe i build it in kernel,but i am not sure ,because i never use it ,

Khan Miro

Khan Miro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Well, for now, the only bug I saw, was the screen - it's not accurate as my original 2.1 ROM, but I guess it's better than the last build :) Can you please modify the kernel to make it work better, so there are no bad touch responses. I could send you my backup of original ROM and take some info from the kernel :? PM me if this helps :)

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

During night (for 7 hours) this one drained only 6% of battery (the beta would "normally" drain 20-25% even with CPU lowered!).

how come my battery from 40% went dead around 4am, phone vibration woke me up when it turned off :)

imarkov

imarkov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

how come my battery from 40% went dead around 4am, phone vibration woke me up when it turned off :)

I honestly don't know, we have something different: I complained before on GPS, WiFi always worked fine for me and I *never* had problem with screen calibration. Don't have time now to check if all these were your problems before, but they seems to be common on previous beta ROM.

BTW, I'm looking at battery whole morning since arrived to work and yes, battery is still holding :) Last time I saw this was with Ricky's Eclair with *selected* group of installed applications :) With previous beta, every morning I was shocked with quoter of battery missing so I would check battery usage and after some time during the night phone would just stay "active"?!? I don't know why and what was causing it, I suspect that was the reason for battery draining and I think reason was bugs in CM.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

I honestly don't know, we have something different: I complained before on GPS, WiFi always worked fine for me and I *never* had problem with screen calibration. Don't have time now to check if all these were your problems before, but they seems to be common on previous beta ROM.

BTW, I'm looking at battery whole morning since arrived to work and yes, battery is still holding :) Last time I saw this was with Ricky's Eclair with *selected* group of installed applications :) With previous beta, every morning I was shocked with quoter of battery missing so I would check battery usage and after some time during the night phone would just stay "active"?!? I don't know why and what was causing it, I suspect that was the reason for battery draining and I think reason was bugs in CM.

well, i charged it an hour ago, ill check it today since i dont use my phote much but when i got my phone on usb and checked ddms it said it was active and even with screen turned off/locked phone etc ddms screen capture was working and i could see my widgets and stuff while on 2.1 when i get my screen off, even ddms shows black screenshot as it is off, this is clearly whats eating my battery..

smg22rus

smg22rus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Attention!!!
Found a new bug. When you talk and the screen goes blank, the red button does not work. Very uncomfortable. Rexchun, Can you fixed it?

p.s. when to expect the next build with the Russian language?

pintas

pintas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:p3600
Thank you so much for this rom. Even if you don't fix any bugs in it... this is the best rom for ZTE Racer i've seen so far.
Really great work!

Thanks again.

predo1306

predo1306

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
thanks a lot rexchun this rom is very good. small problem creates three keys back meni and home and I noticed that can not be disconnected on the red button when the screen is off. in any case very very good rom and unforgettable FM radio again reluctant.

equiliym

equiliym

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
related to my previous post, in 10 hours, 60% of my battery gone, is anyone else having battery issues with new rom? :)

predo1306

predo1306

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

related to my previous post, in 10 hours, 60% of my battery gone, is anyone else having battery issues with new rom? :)

with me holding the battery cool for 13 hours spent just 15% battery! works fantastic for me!

predo1306

predo1306

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

with me holding the battery cool for 13 hours spent just 15% battery! works fantastic for me!

of course with the normal use of about ten messages, and about twenty minutes of conversation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users