Questions for HTC!

Guest PaulOBrien

Do you have a question you want me to put to HTC about the Sensation? Then post it here! :)

I'll collate all the questions in the next day or so and forward them to HTC for their responses.

P

Guest djfoo000

My questions are a mix of things that can be tested on the spot:

1) camera module quality

2) bootloader lockdown? gorilla glass?

3) video call support over 3G GSM using front facing camera (as seen on Samsung Galaxy S)

Edited by djfoo000

Guest cliche guevara
Do you have a question you want me to put to HTC about the Sensation? Then post it here! :)

I'll collate all the questions in the next day or so and forward them to HTC for their responses.

P

If it's 4gb internal storage but only 1gb usable, where is the other 3gb going?

Guest jon.m.knight

1) What sort of speeds do they expect the CPU can safey be o/c'ed to / what have they tested with?

2) Is the RAM dual chan as that found in optimus3d?

3) Will it blend?

Guest Sylar2010

Is is locked like Incredible S?

Does it have a weak screen under sunlight like IS?

I think the Arc is the best buy I made now,once SE give us the keys it will be rooted and get lot of custom roms

Guest Colcut

Obviously the major questions in this thread are regarding the bootloader, I will defiantly be buying this phone if it is fully hackable (as hackable as ZTE blade would be great!).

As far as I can tell - it will be out on vodafone first and then t-mobile/orange/etc.. how long after will it be available for Three or t-mobile customers?

Guest Sylar2010

I don't have the IS P but when reading the reviews they said it's wasing out!

The Arc is good but if the Sensation gets root with its beautiful sense 3.0...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Neel007

The most Important features that HTC sensation lacking as a high end model are:

1. Super Amoled or Other good quality display, [in sunlight u cant see anything. My xperia do well in sunlight.anyhow increasing resolution dont matter a lot and even it decreases Games performance as well]

2. HDMI output.

3. Camera Flash - even though dual , SGS2's single flash is far more better. Why dont they use XENON flash.

4. Adreno 220 GPU has scored the best in performance.. What the h** , Htc did with it.. How much less it scores on quadrant and smartbench 2011 compare to SGS2??? what's wrong I dont know. May be they should work more on optimizing it's performance like samsung did for SGS2.

5.GPS- All the HTC devices has sluggish [i mean too much sluggish ] gps. It takes thrice more time then other devices in range.

6.Unlimited Homesreens. I am not pretty sure that Sensation got unlimited Homescreen or not. but i know that it has 81 stock widgets. Now tell me where we will put this much widget on 7 limited homescreen????

7.Improve Designs of the phone.... The best design phone from HTC were HTC HD2. After that i never liked any htc mobile. Sony is the best in design but dont provide good hardware. See the ARC's beauty. HTC is making simply ugly phones. This is not any kind of offense . I am just telling what i think.

Edited by Neel007

• 2 weeks later...
Guest agent.m
Are we going to have our S-ON units unlocked and when?

Hey Paul. I guess you spoken to HTC already next time you speak to them could you ask if there any chance we can get Onlive :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dopeness

i would really like to know the answers to these questions if possible:

1. Why is the front facing camera so horrible on this phone as compared to other phones?

2. Why is the volume on the speaker so bad and not comparable to the NON-flagship dolby equipped Equipped Thunderbolt?

3. Why does the RAM and Internal storage pale in comparison to the EVO 3D?

4. Why is there no kickstand on this multimedia phone?

Thank you in advance.

• 1 month later...