Sensor usage is nuts!

Guest withoutwings

Guest withoutwings

So I'm noticing my battery drain faster than normal today, and I decided to see what was going on in Spare Parts...

Partial Wake.... ok

CPU.... ok

Network.... bit bizzare (process 0??), but topic for another day...

Sensor Usage... WTF!!

post-638243-1302699257_thumb.png

That's 3 apps all stuck at 100% sensor usage! Now if it was one or two then maybe I'd blame the individual apps, but it seems like maybe the sensors have frozen or something and any apps that come along wanting to use them keep trying forever??

Personally, I blame LG's alarm clock - I've used it twice since buying this phone and both days afterwards I've noticed significant battery drain... so could that be the culprit? Not to mention I've disabled "Gestures" for the alarm clock, so don't know what it needs the sensor for..

Anyone else seen this on the O2X?

Guest aMpeX
post-446734-1302772142_thumb.png

"Startsida för Bil" = Car Home (which I have NEVER EVEN USED)

weird stuff :/

This is a known issue. Simply force stop the app once per boot and you should be fine.

Guest withoutwings

Yeah Car Home was a known issue...

I've used my alarm again this morning and the other two apps during the day, and no ill effects this time. I guess this is one of those many "occasional" bugs that our 2Xs suffer from; to keep an eye on and solvable by a reboot. Though checking Spare Parts every day might get a bit tedious! :)

EDIT: Actually one thing I did differently was not to use snooze and I switched it off straight away. So I'll look at it again next time after I'm too lazy to get up straight away!

Edited by withoutwings

Guest maedox

My sensor usage is close to 0. The bars are a few pixels wide. I also use the Alarm clock and snooze and deactivate all the time depending on the mood when I wake up. :)

Guest dave_a
Yeah Car Home was a known issue...

I've used my alarm again this morning and the other two apps during the day, and no ill effects this time. I guess this is one of those many "occasional" bugs that our 2Xs suffer from; to keep an eye on and solvable by a reboot. Though checking Spare Parts every day might get a bit tedious! :)

EDIT: Actually one thing I did differently was not to use snooze and I switched it off straight away. So I'll look at it again next time after I'm too lazy to get up straight away!

I use the LG alarm with snooze (I would never get up if I attempted to test without!) and it isn't shown in my sensor usage list. Interestingly, swype is similar to yours at 100% and the battery has been really bad today. I might try a day without swype tomorrow

Guest withoutwings
I use the LG alarm with snooze (I would never get up if I attempted to test without!) and it isn't shown in my sensor usage list. Interestingly, swype is similar to yours at 100% and the battery has been really bad today. I might try a day without swype tomorrow

Yes, I had an episode a couple of days ago where it was just Swype that was stuck at 100% sensor usage and the battery drained overnight.

So perhaps it's not the Alarm Clock's fault; however I don't know whether I would lay the blame at Swype's feet either. I wonder if it has something to do with LG's built-in "gesture" functionality (like tap on the side to move the text input)? I think it only happened after I used one such gesture...

Guest withoutwings

Success! Well an effective workaround anyway...

I noticed this morning that the battery was draining quickly again, and this time the lone culprit was Alarm/Clock. But then I remembered something Paul had suggested a while ago:

http://android.modaco.com/content/software...20270/watchdog/

So I installed Watchdog Lite from the market, and right away it sounded an alert to tell me that the LG's clock was misbehaving and would I like to kill it? So of course my answer was yes and no more battery drain!

In summary: I highly recommend anyone with the O2x to install Watchdog to fix those days where the battery suddenly drains really fast.

EDIT: So apparently the sensor usage continued after the process stopped using CPU. :) As it runs as a service it is automatically started up again once you try to kill the process. I wish there was a way to detect continuous sensor use and stop the offending service or app.

Edited by withoutwings