Back To Gen 1 From Gen 2

Guest nexstar

Guest nexstar

First it may brick your Phone DON'T do that if you want.

Why I need back to Gen1 ? because i have voice problem from caller after Gen2

What files I have?

1. Gen1 >> Gen2 conversion ( Thread How to upgrade GEN1 to GEN2, windows only...)

2. Standard Partition Size (TPT) TFT/OLED [GEN1] (NO ROM) provided by kallt_kaffe

3. restore stock recovery (include from Gen1 >> Gen2 conversion )

1. Boot into clockwork and install stock recovery

2. Boot into FTM (volume-down)

3. Extract Standard Partition Size (image_original.zip) and replace the files in "to_gen2_xxxmb_system/files" directory

4. run "download_nochecksGen2.exe"

5. wait for reboot into clockwork.

6. install any Gen1 Rom you like

ps sorry my poor English

Guest nexstar
is your imei the same?

just destroyed my imei doing this, not recommended

changed to 00003948XXXXXXX

not the original one...

Edited by nexstar

Guest Jekle
You have to replace this one during flashing.

Where do you get it from? Can you get it from the Folder with the Flasher in? And copy over Channel1.nvm?

Guest leromarinvit

Success!

It didn't work on the first try, but I just ran the flasher again, using the Channel1.nvm trick every time. The third time it worked, I'm back to Gen1 with my real IMEI now. I think the timing of when to replace the file is crucial, I just waited until explorer showed that it hat grown to 70 KB and then replaced it immediately.

Edit: the second time I used this procedure, it only worked when I waited until 10%. So I guess the right time differs, I'd say anything from 6%-12% is worth a try.

Before the successful flash, I inadvertently flashed a TPT image I had on my SD card. So if it doesn't work after a few tries, you could try this. Maybe it's related.

Edited by leromarinvit

Guest StevenHarperUK
I think the timing of when to replace the file is crucial, I just waited until explorer showed that it hat grown to 70 KB and then replaced it immediately.

That sounds tricky : Well Done though

Guest leromarinvit

If it's any help, it's pretty much the same procedure as in this thread: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...flash-solution/

The biggest difference is that instead of using the Gen2 update as it is, I replaced the "files" directory with the one from the original, deleted Gen1 downagrade thread (like the first post in this thread explains): http://www.multiupload.com/BJGB09HXCB

Also, channel1.nvm is created in the same directory where you run the update from, not in c:\windows.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Any news for that ?

I tried that this morning. Successfull back to Gen 1 with this method but... "00003948XXXXXXX" IMEI... I've replaced the right channel1.nvm any times (at 6% when the file reach 69Kb) but no way, always that fake IMEI...

I tried the tool for write back the right IMEI but it's don't recognize my phone on the good port (5).

My network reception is better in Gen 1 than Gen 2 in my country at least.

Thanks.

Guest shastar

a Q: in the settings menu, i can see my IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rumber, below that is another one IMEI SV: 00

Anyone know what the number IMEI SV:00 is?

Guest leromarinvit
I tried that this morning. Successfull back to Gen 1 with this method but... "00003948XXXXXXX" IMEI... I've replaced the right channel1.nvm any times (at 6% when the file reach 69Kb) but no way, always that fake IMEI...

Try replacing the file a little bit later. The second time I did it it worked only when I waited until 10% or 11%. If all else fails, it should be possible to flash back to Gen2 to get your IMEI back (still with replacing Channel1.nvm).

a Q: in the settings menu, i can see my IMEI:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX rumber, below that is another one IMEI SV: 00

Anyone know what the number IMEI SV:00 is?

No idea what it is, but IIRC it's zero on stock phones too.

Guest hecatae
Try replacing the file a little bit later. The second time I did it it worked only when I waited until 10% or 11%. If all else fails, it should be possible to flash back to Gen2 to get your IMEI back (still with replacing Channel1.nvm).

http://folk.uio.no/runeheg/imei/

Software Version Number identifies the software version number of the mobile equipment.

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Just tried again and again, at 6% and 11% and just after 6%... no way I keep this same 000039****** IMEI. :/

I've found a solution with QPST software but my last IMEI digit stay 0 ...

I'm kinda lost for now, don't know if I return to Gen 2 or keep an little broken IMEI (**************0 it should be **************9) :)

Thanks.

Guest leromarinvit
Just tried again and again, at 6% and 11% and just after 6%... no way I keep this same 000039****** IMEI. :/

Hmm. Does your Channel1.nvm contain the correct IMEI in the first place? Look at offset 0x1215, the format is like this: Suppose your IMEI was 12345678 123456 7. Then starting at 0x1215, you should see 1A 32 54 76 18 32 54 76, i.e. it starts at the high nibble of 0x1215 and then you have your IMEI in what I'd describe as "little endian BCD".

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Thanks for your help.

Yes I can find my real IMEI at offset 0x1215. :) (it's write in strange order but it's this one).

I've tried at 6%, just after 6%, at 10/11% too... Really frustrating. :/

EDIT: Finnaly back to Gen2, I have the good IMEI and not so bad reception, so... I have a tooth extraction tomorrow, I need y phone . :)

Edited by CaptainSpectacular