• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

alombardo

alombardo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hi ;) i've tried to do everything you told but i'm realy noob in these things :D ... i just don't know how to edit the file :D and put there my IMEI what editor did you use
i realy need help :D SOLVED :P

Hi I´m having the same problem, I upgraded to 2.2 but my IMEI have changed, I try to edit it with the hex editor but it is always in the same. Everytime I reboot after trying to restoreNV the IMEI don´t change.

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!!

Edit: Problem solved

Edited by alombardo, 15 June 2011 - 07:02 PM.

sneakytoiletroll

sneakytoiletroll

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Thanks for that, I'll try and get to look at it this weekend.

Any luck with the whole 850mhz thing Seb?

big kay

big kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte v9 light
hi,
I'm a newbie.
my device is zte v9 light.I've downloaded the 2 rar files in my computer.So can someone tell me what next to do in order to upgrade to ver 2.2 for my zte v9 light
tq

sixreason

sixreason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Any guys manage to overclock this v9? if anyone know how do let me know.

My only gripe with this v9 is its speed...

JJ.Strange

JJ.Strange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have a problem with updating my ZTE V9 Light 7. I tried to update Android 2.1 update 1 to Android 2.2, but it can't be done by following instructions given in the beginning of this thread. Is there any simple step by step instructions for this kind of update (2.1 update 1 -> 2.2) somewhere?

sixreason

sixreason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I finally got flash to work in Opera mobile :)

Now finding ways to overclock

ehsad

ehsad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia, O2 Atom

I finally got flash to work in Opera mobile :)

Now finding ways to overclock

How did you get this working?

mariojjsimoes

mariojjsimoes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, all,

After the the upgrade to 2.2 i've tried and tried to get the imei back but i just cant. Backup NV failed with multisales app. I even tried just upload to a channle1.nvm file someone put here in one of the threads and i couldn't...

The question is is that if i use vol+ & vol- &poiwer i get a serial port, but backup NV and restore NV always fail, altough i can still upload an image (that's how i updated to 2.2).

I i use hust vol- & power there is no serial port detected as i get an unknown device...

Any help or suggestion would be great.... Thank you in advance, Mario.

JJ.Strange

JJ.Strange

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

"The version is not matching,can not use this software!"

Finnish Zte Light from operator Sonera...

The version is not matching,can not use this software!" <--Same problem. What's wrong wiht ZTE V9 update? Help me please.

11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All' ----> FAIL! What's wrong?

12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that. <--- How can i find this file??? B) Where will it end?

EDIT: Android 2.2 installed! It Work! :)

Edited by JJ.Strange, 27 June 2011 - 07:29 AM.

sixreason

sixreason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well seems alot of ppl pm me bout installing flash, let me share then. Btw its flash-lite NOT flash 10. Dont flame me :)

First go here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ix2iwdm4otl

Download & install. If cant install just change the extension from zip > apk. If any browser open do kill it. Then run again.

I used the Opera Mobile & it seems 'can' run flash videos website but sometimes cant. Seeing its only flash-lite, not the gpu assist Flash 10, flash game cant seem to run

BTW I still cant find a way to overclock it....

JaakkoL

JaakkoL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..
If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Man this was a breeze!

Confirming ZTE Light V9 2.1 update to 2.2 using FTM mode. Operator is Finnish TeliaSonera with Saunalahti SIM. IMEI intact (SLES Backup NV OK)

blade-specific z4root permanent root works as well.

clockworkmod installed and working. Installing Sebastian404's "custom" rom next.

recoverymanager working.

I'm loving this :) Now my kids can watch Voddler films in car B)

ceejae

ceejae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:zte v9
hi.. i just got my v9 and i'm planning to updatee it to 2.2.. i already downloaded files that need to be uploaded but my question is, what if it failed to update while it's in the 'update mode', would it still go back to 2.1 normally? i'm hesitating to update coz of that... :|

JaakkoL

JaakkoL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Just after a successfully updated my own ZTE Light, I went to update my wife's tablet but ran into this issue:

- successfully flashed 2.2 ROM in FTM mode
- successfully permrooted with z4root (blade edition)
- successfully installed recovery manager
- successfully installed clockwork recovery (recovery-clockwork-4.0.0.5-v9-gen2-update_signed)
- successfully booted into clockwork, performed backup, wiped all data + cache, installed r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip

Booting the device gets me to the welcome/setup screen with green droid for a few secs and then blank screen with:

USIM is not inserted. Turn the power off and insert an USIM
(Emergency Call -button)

I havent ran into this before, any ideas? I'm going to put in a SIM from my other V9 temporarily to see if it lets me to setup the device and use it normally after that.

EDIT: It's a no-go, as soon as I remove the SIM and boot the tablet it goes all the normal bootup stuff but ends up with a blank screen with USIM is not inserted... and nothing can be done.

EDIT 2: Ok, this ROM can not boot without SIM. I managed to overcome this obstacle with CM7 however :-) Now both V9's are running Cyanogenmod7 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread pretty much flawlessly. Lock screen has its quirks and most likely bluetooth is unstable (my two blade units has unstable bt after CM7 nightly 102). After clockwork was in, I simply flashed update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed-20110520.zip and gapps-gb-20110520-signed.zip, it worked like a charm.

Edited by JaakkoL, 26 June 2011 - 03:05 AM.

ceejae

ceejae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
anybody here??? can you please tell me how to do the instruction number 4???
4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01

idk know how to do it... can you explain further please?

edit: oh i got it.... and btw, i really did step no. 15!!! i did pray!!! i was nervous... but now i am happy... android 2.2 running on my v9... thanksa bunch! :)

Edited by ceejae, 28 June 2011 - 08:22 AM.

JaakkoL

JaakkoL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

anybody here??? can you please tell me how to do the instruction number 4???
4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01

idk know how to do it... can you explain further please?

You go here http://zalil.ru/30861793, wait few secs and download should begin. You will download a zip file containing Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe. You then copy this EXE to the directory you previously installed MultiDL...

Alternatively you can get the file from here http://android.leski...227_patched.zip

ceejae

ceejae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You go here http://zalil.ru/30861793, wait few secs and download should begin. You will download a zip file containing Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe. You then copy this EXE to the directory you previously installed MultiDL...

Alternatively you can get the file from here http://android.leski...227_patched.zip

thank you very much... i got it... it's up and running... :)

a19074

a19074

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
A request for help, I have searched for a similar situation as mine but can't seem to find it so I need to call in the experts to help.

Thanks to the excellent work of KK and others, I have sucessfully modded 3 Mytabs (ZTE V9) up to CM7 without any issues and they are all working fine with the update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed-20110615 ROM on board.

I decided to try RC1 rather than RC0 out and tried to update it to update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-V9-KANG-signed-20110627

No go....stuck at CM7 logo (loop) despite my best efforts.

Took it back to stock 2.1 (again thanks KK) using the Optus_V9_Upgrade_30th_April_patched file and tried again rooting, installing onetouchrecovery etc

ROM loaded fine but went into the CM7 boot loop...no go.

Now I am trying to get in back to the point where I can gen2 it by using the Optus update but when I am using Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched to try and install the patched stock rom (so that I can get back into the official optus 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade I keep getting an error download armprg.bin fail

To get in to take it back to stock I am powering up with the vol - key held down, my windows 7 system then recongised the Mytab as being connected and I am able to feed in the com port to the ZTE programming tool and the port opens ok, but I cannot get past the armprg.bin download fail error.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry if my post isn't clear, after 3 nights of trying to get this puppy going I am dog tired!!
QK

Any ideas?

Edited by a19074, 30 June 2011 - 01:04 PM.

a19074

a19074

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Update on the above issue with the zte tool not finding armprg.bin
When I reviewed the error logs from the failed reflash I saw that it was actually looking for the armprgzte.bin file in the sub folder /files so I moved a copy there and tried again, and sure enough it chugged past the 6/100 marker and went all the way to sucessfully reflash the MYTAB.
When I tried to restart using KK's patched Optus rom it went straight into FTM mode, so I went back and tried the official 2.2 optus reflash from here http://www.zte.com.au/optus/V9.htm which worked a treat. I was then able to restart the Tablet into the original 2.2 android with all the glorious bloatware from Optus but at least I could tell I hadn't completely bricked it.

I am still not sure why the CM7 RC1 rom wouldn't work originally, it went into the CM7 boot loop that many have been seeing.

I did try this afternoon to load up KK's earlier RC0 but I am still having troubles.

Would it be possible that the phone memory itself has somehow got a bit screwed up so I don't have enough room for the CM7 to be loaded in there?

My plan tonight is to try one of the repartioning flashes to increase the space available from http://android.modac...imal-cm7-setup/

Hope that helps anyone that comes up a similar error. Still not sure what went wrong

imran_fool

imran_fool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9
I'm not sure if this is the right page to post my question but I'm fed up.I've tried almost every other trick mentioned in the forums and was not able to get into FTM mode.

Things which I've tried:
1) volume - and power on button long press (ends up Green android logo and the LED turning RED, and when connected to laptop, give a "USB device not recognised" message)
2) volume + and power on button long press (no change, the phone boots normally)
3) volume +, volume - and Power on button (The red led blinks and when connected to laptop, displays the Port).

I had installed clockworkmod earlier and removed it by installing recovery.img file posted somewhere in the forum.

I've purchased ZTE V9 from Portugal and the specifications are as follows:
Baseband version: V9B01
Kernel version : 2.6.29, zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
Build Number : V9-MSM7227-V02a-Oct282010-Vodafone-PT.

any sort of advise/suggestion/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bardai

Bardai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello there. I'm new at the business and i tried flashing my v9 into Froyo but it's stuck into FTM mode. I tried everything the way you advised. What could i have done wrong?

Guys, i'm in trouble here. I have installed the sales program and the patched too and have downloaded the unzipped firmwire into my zte, but it just can't skip FTM. I need help, really

Edited by Bardai, 08 September 2011 - 01:10 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users