Just after a successfully updated my own ZTE Light, I went to update my wife's tablet but ran into this issue:
- successfully flashed 2.2 ROM in FTM mode
- successfully permrooted with z4root (blade edition)
- successfully installed recovery manager
- successfully installed clockwork recovery (recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-v9-gen2-update_signed)
- successfully booted into clockwork, performed backup, wiped all data + cache, installed r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip
Booting the device gets me to the welcome/setup screen with green droid for a few secs and then blank screen with:
USIM is not inserted. Turn the power off and insert an USIM
(Emergency Call -button)
I havent ran into this before, any ideas? I'm going to put in a SIM from my other V9 temporarily to see if it lets me to setup the device and use it normally after that.
EDIT: It's a no-go, as soon as I remove the SIM and boot the tablet it goes all the normal bootup stuff but ends up with a blank screen with USIM is not inserted... and nothing can be done.
EDIT 2: Ok, this ROM can not boot without SIM. I managed to overcome this obstacle with CM7 however :-) Now both V9's are running Cyanogenmod7 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread pretty much flawlessly. Lock screen has its quirks and most likely bluetooth is unstable (my two blade units has unstable bt after CM7 nightly 102). After clockwork was in, I simply flashed update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-V9-KANG-signed-20110520.zip and gapps-gb-20110520-signed.zip, it worked like a charm.
Edited by JaakkoL, 26 June 2011 - 03:05 AM.