ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest slapnuts
I will do a real post at somepoint soon when I get time... I'm hella busy with work, lots BIG projects going on.... we are out of beta and releasing on time.

But here is my 'custom' ROM:

r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip - MD5: 10b0bae0f834c7010f995c705d64f960

There really was not much to 'fix' from the stock, but I've removed the usual ZTE mess, fixed the wrongly mounted file system, the ADB problems for windows users, updated all the google apps, rooted, added SuperUser, etc, etc..

it will only work on gen2 devices, so updated v9's only.

The quick and dirty install guide:

0) download file and copy to your SD card

1) use z4root to root your device

2) use Recovery Manager to install a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery

3) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

4) install update.zip

5) reboot

6) ...

7) ...

8) profit!

d/l ing now, thanks.

EDIT:- works well. thank you sebastian.

Edited by slapnuts

Guest Hopla83

Hi everyone,

first of all many thanks for all the work.

Nevertheless I got a problem.

Windows 7 doesn't recognize my ZTE when it is in FTM mode. So it doesn't get assigned to a COM port (Windows 7 is asking for a driver) and the flash software won't recognize it.

The ZTE is listed as "ZTE HSUSB Device" with exclamation point in yellow triangle but not as "ZTE Handset Diagnostic (DFU) (COM XY)" as described in the Word File.

I am thankful for any hints.

Regards,

Felix

Guest jimmyjack72
Hi everyone,

first of all many thanks for all the work.

Nevertheless I got a problem.

Windows 7 doesn't recognize my ZTE when it is in FTM mode. So it doesn't get assigned to a COM port (Windows 7 is asking for a driver) and the flash software won't recognize it.

The ZTE is listed as "ZTE HSUSB Device" with exclamation point in yellow triangle but not as "ZTE Handset Diagnostic (DFU) (COM XY)" as described in the Word File.

I am thankful for any hints.

Regards,

Felix

I had this. Do you have a custom recovery installed?

I flashed back to stock recovery and it solved my issue.

Guest ChaosJester

I am up to step 11 but the backup fails.

I have the ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface (DFU) on COM5, set that in the ZTE Software. I also have an unknown device ADB, do we need to install ABD drivers for this process?

Here is the log of the error:

2011.4.16 15:2:55¡ª¡ª
2011.4.16 15:2:55¡ª¡ª
2011.4.16 15:3:0¡ª¡ªBackup NV...
Backup NV Item ID = 22 ...
NV_RWOPFAILED_S
Backup this item again...
NV_RWOPFAILED_S
2011.4.16 15:3:16¡ª¡ªBackup NV fail!
³É¹¦¹æ±ÜµÄ´ÎÊý0
ÖØ·¢³É¹¦µÄ´ÎÊý0
[/codebox]

I don't really want to keep going cause I am guessing that this would be a backup of the current ROM? If anyone else had this problem and figured it out I would really appreciate your input :)

Otherwise.... I might just go for it anyway... If Optus is flogging them off for $150 like some people have said then it's not a huge loss if I have to get another one :P

EDIT: I also get 3 popups with the message "is an ATAPI device, we don't detect it" when I start the sales_multidl executable, not sure if that is an issue.

EDIT2: Ok so now I got the backup working, it says in the steps to turn on the tablet with vol up and down pressed, when I did that I could not backup. When I turned it on with just vol down held in, the FTM screen appears and the backup runs. And re-reading the instructions it all makes sense now... There is an edit saying to use stock rom and FTM mode, reading stuff is useful!

Last Edit, I swear: All updated and running :) Rooted with z4root and now playing with some apps :)

Edited by ChaosJester

Guest Greg15
When i run the patch it comes up saying "xcsp_eclib.dll' is missing

When I run the patch (on W7) I am also getting this error, does anybody know hoe to solve it? Is it a registry issue?

Thanks

Doh! Just put the patched program in the same directory where the unpatched version is. The dll is there. Cheers

Edited by Greg15

Guest Hopla83
I had this. Do you have a custom recovery installed?

I flashed back to stock recovery and it solved my issue.

I reinstalled the driver software and worked totally perfect after.

Was damn easy and I am pefectly happy now...2.2 is so much better.

Guest Greg15

Hi Guys

I followed the steps above, and the ZTE Install program went through the download process, and said Success. However now all my ZTE V9 (Gen1 optus) boots into is FTM mode, nothing else.

Does that mean Iv'e bricked it :)

Thanks

Edited by Greg15

Guest slickric

Sebastian - you're an absolute legend. i've been looking for some time now for an upgrade to 2.2 and the steps that you put out here worked an absolute dream. it actually took longer for me to download the files than it did reflashing :)

top stuff again champ, you're all kinds of awesome :)

Greetings from Finland!

I had to register here so i can say Thank You to Sebastian!

I have read zte v9/froyo thread several month and maybe today i can update my Zte light. Hopefully scandinavic alphabets works.

Maybe this is start for updates and my Nokia N8 gets pr2 and fast browser :)

Edited by Guest

Guest Lassito

i have a zte v9 from austria. is it possible do flash the froyo rom or not. has this rom german language? when i install cwm is it possible do make a nandroid backup? i´am not a noob in flashing but i don´t want do brick my zte. excuse my englisch!!!!!!

how can I find out which generation of v9 I have?

thx for help.......

Edited by Lassito

Guest hcivil

please tell me how to put the zte v9 in ftm mode. STEP 7 not work.

The 2.2 version has greek language?

Edited by hcivil

A Couple of People have asked me now so here are some more involved instuctions:

1) download the two files from the first post

2) unrar both files to a temporary directory

3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program

4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir)

5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file

6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.

7) holding down VOL UP + VOL DOWN press the power button, you will see the power LED flash once

8) now connect the USB cable to your PC

9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)

10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory

11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'

12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that

13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again

14) wait

15) pray

I should mention that using this method, I've managed to get my v9 working again, even tho I screwed it first time around :)

EDIT:

Some people have reported better results from re-installing a STOCK ROM and then rebooting the device into FTM mode, rather than the method mentioed in step 7... you might want to give that go

"The version is not matching,can not use this software!"

Finnish Zte Light from operator Sonera...

That's why you need to use the patch from step 4.

Doh! I was too quick for that DLL error, trying again.

Edit: It works!!!! Just need to play those angrybirds levels again, but it works! It talks Finnish and someone asked if germany, yes, germany is in list.

Edited by Guest

Guest bagitus

I tried to install that 2.2 update to finnish V9, but now when i boot the BRICK! FTM screen pops up and stucks there. So is there anything i should try now?

Guest Sebastian404
I tried to install that 2.2 update to finnish V9, but now when i boot the BRICK! FTM screen pops up and stucks there. So is there anything i should try now?

try turning it on with Vol Up held down......

Guest edgar28

Hi, I tried to search info on gen1 and gen2, but couldn't find much info on it, could anyone explain further?

2.1 = gen1, after update to 2.2 = gen2?

Edited by edgar28

Guest XeKToReX

Awesome Seb! Got it running perfectly!

One thing I noticed is with the new ClockworkMod, I can't use the Volume buttons to move up and down the list when I boot with VolDown, rebooting into recovery works fine..

I also (with much doubt) flashed the Blade CM7 ROM with our boot image which just gave a boot loop, thats when I realised CWM wasn't working, had to reflash 2.2 to get my backup.

XeKToReX

Guest cocomunga
it will only work on gen2 devices, so updated v9's only.

What do you mean by gen2 devices?. Does this work with the Optus My Tab?

Cheers

Guest cabken
hey for anyone that has upgraded - does your camera/camcorder work? Mine no longer works :)

I upgraded the optus mytab, all went ok, camera works but I cannot edit apn to let me use a exetel sim. The apn's on the screen are the default optus ones and are "greyed' out so no way to change.