ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest kitch

Following the doc and Sebastian404 instructions.

Also, I had to install drivers from the Blade thread.

Edited by kitch

Guest yuden

Sorry again but someone please post the supported languages in the 2.2 update?

And is it possible to change the apn settings for the 3G connection? (cabken says that he can't change the settings)

Thanks again.

Sorry again but someone please post the supported languages in the 2.2 update?

And is it possible to change the apn settings for the 3G connection? (cabken says that he can't change the settings)

Thanks again.

I updated my Light. There are about 100 languages in menu. What language you are looking for? I can check if it is in there.

There is also possibility to create new profile for 3g, I did not test it but i see it is there.

Edited by Guest

Guest Toodring

i bought Zte V9 from the optus australia i try to get in FTM mode by hold da - and press turn on but i hang on android robot screen How can i get in FTM mode Thank you for help me Fix da problem

Guest yuden
I updated my Light. There are about 100 languages in menu. What language you are looking for? I can check if it is in there.

There is also possibility to create new profile for 3g, I did not test it but i see it is there.

Thank you. Very good news. I am interested in Greek.

Guest slapnuts
i bought Zte V9 from the optus australia i try to get in FTM mode by hold da - and press turn on but i hang on android robot screen How can i get in FTM mode Thank you for help me Fix da problem

read the instructions on the first page again.

i need some help - i tried to apply the APP2SD scripts from XDA meant for the 2.1 rom but unfortunately it screwed up. Force closes as soon as it boots into Android. Unfortunately i can't get it to connect to ADB either so I can't reboot into recovery. I installed the latest recovery from this thread and I can boot into it holding down Vol - and pressing power but I can't scroll thru the menus (up and down dont work - only power -> select works). And since the new clockwork recovery seems to have hijacked the stock FTM mode I can't boot into FTM to reflash :)

Any ideas?

i need some help - i tried to apply the APP2SD scripts from XDA meant for the 2.1 rom but unfortunately it screwed up. Force closes as soon as it boots into Android. Unfortunately i can't get it to connect to ADB either so I can't reboot into recovery. I installed the latest recovery from this thread and I can boot into it holding down Vol - and pressing power but I can't scroll thru the menus (up and down dont work - only power -> select works). And since the new clockwork recovery seems to have hijacked the stock FTM mode I can't boot into FTM to reflash :)

Any ideas?

phew - i think i've got it fixed.

Note to all: Once you install the Clockwork Recovery it replaces the stock 'FTM' screen with the Clockwork Recovery menu. You can still boot into 'FTM' by holding down the Volume - (vol down) key but it will appear as the Clockwork Recovery screen without the ability to scroll up and down through the items. You can then use the ZTE flash tool to reflash your device.

I was panicking for sec but now it seems to be good.

Just need to work out why my camera doesn't work. Perhaps slightly different hardware specs across the V9?

Guest slapnuts
Just need to work out why my camera doesn't work. Perhaps slightly different hardware specs across the V9?

you have an optus v9, yes? mine works perfectly, so you shouldn't have a problem. you could try running the update again, or now you have cwm, install sebastians rom.

you have an optus v9, yes? mine works perfectly, so you shouldn't have a problem. you could try running the update again, or now you have cwm, install sebastians rom.

yep i have an optus v9 - probably one of the devices from the earliest batch of stock released in australia as I bought it soon after it came out.

Have tried reflashing the firmware and also the rom from sebastian but still no luck on the camera. Not a big deal as i never use the camera but might use it in the future so would be nice to get it fixed.

Thank you. Very good news. I am interested in Greek.

Is this what you are looking for: Ελληνική? If yes, it is there.

Edited by Guest

some body plz tell me how to get in the FTM mode becoz i try every way to get in but i can"t help me plz i need 2.2 Plz Thank you

Power off your device (take battery off if you want to be sure)

Hold down "vol +" and then press "power on".

Keep those buttons until you see FTM. It takes maybe 10 to 30 second.

I have one here in Finland, I have "Vol -" and "power on".

Guest Sebastian404
thread and I can boot into it holding down Vol - and pressing power but I can't scroll thru the menus (up and down dont work - only power -> select works). And since the new clockwork recovery seems to have hijacked the stock FTM mode I can't boot into FTM to reflash :)

From the sounds of it, that is still FTM mode... odd tho that my device works fine when I boot it that way... They must of done something with the kernel to screw with it... without the source its hard to work out what, I'll try and look into it tho.

Guest camo.b

Rang zte aust today spoke to the service/tech manager about there veiws on rooting. . He said no for warranty but there was no hard line so it could be decided depending on the problem.. . Interesting. . we spoke about the optus my tab and he had the 2.2 update on his which he was testing.he said that it was going to be released for the my tab soon but couldnt say when.surprised me when i rang how easy it was to get someone inteligent and helpful.the girl on the desk put me straight thru.excellent work Zte. So to anyone scared of bricking/warranty issues 2.2 mightnt be too far away.but i will be flashing as soon as mine is returned.

crap - need some help. Tried to flash the old Optus 2.1 ROM (via recovery) back onto my Optus MyTab V9 after having 2.2 installed. Now it won't boot and is stuck on the ZTE logo screen. Can't seem to boot into FTM or Recovery either :)

Any ideas?

Guest pixies_name

Ummm... I think the touch screen is worse. It has less sensitivity to touch. For me the difference is quite large. The version 2.2 is worse in this regard. Scroll is worse than before. It goes crazy or does not move.

How can I return to the original version ? How to return to the official zte android 2.1.?

Now using version 2 of android 2.2

Guest tnana
Ummm... I think the touch screen is worse. It has less sensitivity to touch. For me the difference is quite large. The version 2.2 is worse in this regard. Scroll is worse than before. It goes crazy or does not move.

How can I return to the original version ? How to return to the official zte android 2.1.?

Now using version 2 of android 2.2

Hi pixies_name! You have to re-calibrate your screen in the settings... It worked for me!

Guest yuden

Spent a lot of time updating yesterday.

Just to point that when updating from a stock rom then you must follow the instructions in the word to enter FTM mode to do the upgrade and i want to confirm that to NO flash installation is possible due to the v6 processor.

I have the same feeling with pixies_name that the screen has lost some responsiveness. Specifically the top notification bar opens (drops down) with difficulty.

I have experienced also some random reboots when the device goes to power saving mode. Anyone else with this problem?

Another problem and I want your help is that compared to my stock V9 the fonts and the icons are very small. They have changed something or the Light version of V9 had from stock small fonts?

Is there a way to change that? I have used the LCDDencity application but I don't get the old result. (The icons get larger but the fonts get very large)

To show you what happened check the following screenshot from the stock V9 with 2.1.

post-396005-1303201632_thumb.jpg

When I install the Go Weather widget in the 2.2 rom the size is much smaller. You can compare it with your V9. I will try later tonight to post the same screen from my 2.2 . Here is the 2.2 screenshot. A lot smaller don't you think? :)))

post-396005-1303206989_thumb.jpg

I have also tried Sebastian's Rom. Thank you for your work . I am only missing the greek keyboard support (Can I install the touchpal apks from my stock rom backup?) and there seems to have a problem with APN's.

With APN Backup and Restore, I have backed- up the APN's and I have restored them successfully in the 2.2 upgrade. But I cannot do the same with Sebastian's Rom. The app displays that all APN are restored, but the list in settings is empty.

Edited by yuden