ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest yuden
Can any one tells me that if this update comes with tethering built in?

Yes! One of the benefits of 2.2 (Sorry forgot the page open and haven't seen the reply. Please delete it.)

Edited by yuden

Guest darzism

For all you stressed out people who think you have bricked your v9, there may still be hope!

I successful installed 2.2 everything working like a charm (and yes the touch screen issues go away once you recalibrate your screen!)

Since the google maps application wasn't showing up in Market, I vaguely followed instructions to install it (flashing a google apps zip file) which stuffed things up a bit. Luckily I backed up my ROM just prior, and so I tried to reinstall, but after that things got even worse, I lost recovery as well as normal boot, and all I was left with is access to the mysterious FTM mode (with a blank screen when you hold down both Vol up and Vol down), so this is what I did:

1. First enter mysterious FTM mode (hold down vol up and down before power on) reflashed V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical), which gave me the normal FTM boot (and nothing else)

2. I had made a copy of Channel1.nvm, so I copied that file back to the flashing application folder and performed a restore NV (one of the action modes in the flashing application)

And everything is back to normal! PHEW!!!!

I'm not sure if step 1 is critical I was desperately trying EVERYTHING:)

Hope it helps!

And btw, awesome work guys on getting 2.2 up and running!

Edited by darzism

Guest pixies_name

I think the touch screen is worse despite calibrate, I've calibrated it more than 20 times, with stylus, with fingers.... the touch screen improves a little after calibrate, but version 2.1 was better. I'm pretty sure. The scroll in web pages is worse in this version (using dolphin hd).

I also experiment reboots too, few but some, after leave standby. In version 2.1 I never had a reboot.

Anyone knows how to go back to version 2.1?.

Edited by pixies_name

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi, I tried to search info on gen1 and gen2, but couldn't find much info on it, could anyone explain further?

2.1 = gen1, after update to 2.2 = gen2?

Yep.

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Has anyone else noticed their IMEI number changes with the update? -- This could result in some major problems if it's wide-spread.

... on that note, does anyone know how I can change it back to original IMEI without having to undo the upgrade?

Guest yuden
Has anyone else noticed their IMEI number changes with the update? -- This could result in some major problems if it's wide-spread.

... on that note, does anyone know how I can change it back to original IMEI without having to undo the upgrade?

No change in IMEI here. I have updated the device, installed Sebastian's custom ROM, returned (through Clockworkmod to 2.2) and the IMEI is what it should be.

Guest slapnuts

a bit random but since i picked up a new galaxy tab I'll be dropping the v9 like a hot rock, if anyone wants it pm me, I'll probably throw it up on ebay at the begining of may if no one wants it. looking for $100 aud.

just a quick thanks to the guys who made it good, thanks pegaxs, Sebastian, and alphaxs off the top of my head. great work guys.

Edited by slapnuts

Guest Stephen J. Knill
No change in IMEI here. I have updated the device, installed Sebastian's custom ROM, returned (through Clockworkmod to 2.2) and the IMEI is what it should be.

Hmm, well that's sorta good to hear... must be something I did... or didn't do :s - Was a tad worried if it was a common thing from this update it could have serious issues. (Seems I've been reverted to the ZTE Test IMEI)

Well... guess they won't be blocking that IMEI anytime soon, and the device still works fine. Altho I would like to revert it back to it's real number, I've found the IMEI stored in /data/oma/did but when edited it just reverts back with boot (and has no effect on the system, IMEI is still reported as the test one).

-- I think I know what I did to get this IMEI change, the Backup NV step failed for me... so I kinda er, skipped it. (I only had the original instructions to go by, which has no reference of FTM mode)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest ramrats
Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

please help me...the screen still in black after zte white screea & android logo green...then black screen...help...i was held vol + / - but...no change..

and that is expired link with the 2 pack file in page 1

:) :)

Guest Rasiti

Hi Sebastian I need your help after i bought a ZTE v9 prepaid n installed the both link file it wont work at all.. I did upload this picture if u could have a look on it.. It says that the sofware is different. Thank you :)

post-874913-1303453053_thumb.jpg

Guest Stephen J. Knill
Hi Sebastian I need your help after i bought a ZTE v9 prepaid n installed the both link file it wont work at all.. I did upload this picture if u could have a look on it.. It says that the sofware is different. Thank you :)

You need to download the second file to get it to work, extract the patched file from the downloaded rar and place it in the same folder as the flasher was installed into (something like "C:\Program Files\ZTE\Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01"). And then run the patched file "Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe" to get it to work past that part.

Please note that as refereed to latter in the instructions on here, this is better done in FTM mode.

-- 2nd file

-- http://www.filesonic.com/file/638425224

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

I'm still stuck with Test IMEI because I did it according to the original instructions, and the backup failed so I skipped that part... seems that's a big "No No"

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest pixies_name

The rom is very unstable for me. Now I get many reboots. I have problems with the phone too. I get errors with calls. Sometimes i can't make calls.

For me, in my particular tablet, this rom is almost unsable.

Are there any way to go back to the stock o some other rom with unlocked phone, please?

Edited by pixies_name

Guest alpha xs
It doesn't have the grunt to run flash or even XviD/DivX files without having to be recoded to a lower bitrate... holding out for 3.0 is a pipe dream and a half.

Anyway, thanks for the info Sebastian... Will give it an install later and try out your clockwork recovery... Just means im going to have to boot back into windows... something im not always fond of :)

Even in 2.1 i had the same and tried rock player since it was the best... but now with Mobo Player... it runs perfect!!! even rmvb!!!

the instructions on the first side of the thread or the instuctions for gen2?

is the doc in the file i have to download?

Hi Lassito... upgrading to 2.2 on a ZTE V9 from 3Austria works like a charm... had no probs and till now no reboots or hang-ups...

Guest ziemenify

hi there.

umm.. u seems to know a lot n im really really newbie in this android tablet stuff,can i ask a quick question; in my 'about phone' says android version 2.2, kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@zdroid-smt (btw its zte light v9 device) what i have to do so this device can play swf object or flash player ???

help enlight me..please

Guest sicksand

Thanks Sebastia404 for the custom rom,

I have one question, mainly i used v9 as a tablet when it is 2.1 and upgraded to 'official'. So there is no sim install on the phone. but when i updated to your custom rom, the "Insert SIM" appear and I can do nothing to get rid of it? How do I solved this? Is there a workaround, or I have to insert sim manually.

Guest schtek1
Filesonic won't let me download the files.

Are they sitting anywhere else?

I have same problem... I got one file down but now it says im downloading (wich im obviously not) :mellow:

Guest alpha xs

I all!

I tryed your recovery sebastian, the mod gen2, but in my case the revory v3 was no working (could not select nay option noly navigate, tried power, and touch... and nothing)

So decide to go the hard way, after many trial and error, use Quick boot, rebooted in bootloader and with the ZTE sreen forced the ADB driver to install and it did.

No adb shell.... but fastboot devices returned "?" so used fastboot flash recovery

Now my question is. I tried all the combinations i could think off but did not manage to boot in to clockwork recovery.... but if i normal boot and select recovery in Quick boot, it boots in clockwork recovery...

I used the *.img to flash

any ideas?

PS - Full tutorial in here

Use google translator, by now just ended and don't have the time to translate rigth now sorry

Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Does anybody want me to try converting these into a TPT? I did it safely for the Blade. I don't actually have a V9 though, so somebody else will have to risk being the first tester.

I'd also need a 'Gen1' V9 TPT...

Guest sane?

According to Optus twitstream, their official 2.2 upgrade for the ZTE v9 will be available Monday. Time will tell if this is the same as the ZTE one, with the Optus cruft on top.

Guest yuden
Anyone tried to install flash player?

Market doesn-t let me... says its unsuported...

No Flash support. The processor is to blame. As I have read, there isn't any flash support for V6 processors

Guest alpha xs
According to Optus twitstream, their official 2.2 upgrade for the ZTE v9 will be available Monday. Time will tell if this is the same as the ZTE one, with the Optus cruft on top.

This version is the generic room to be sent to operators for customization, so yes it should be that.

Still this seems to be the 3rd version, since the first was the on launched a month ago when we first see the 2.2 in some devices