ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest john.smith

Does anyone confirm that there will be official upgrade eventually (or even better with a schedule)? If so, I'd probably just wait for it.

BTW, in case anyone was missing, there is jelly case + screen protector for V9 now. Anti-glare/matte film gives much better readability and no more finger prints.

IMG_20110317_115629.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Sofiz-New-Optus-MyT...=item4840194c0f

Guest Nicke
Afaik, if your still on 2.1 it's a gen1. on 2.2 is now a gen2

I'm on 2.2 now. :mellow:

Edit: Installed gen2 recovery. Seems to be working. Nandroid backup now. :o

Edited by Nicke

I will do a real post at somepoint soon when I get time... I'm hella busy with work, lots BIG projects going on.... we are out of beta and releasing on time.

But here is my 'custom' ROM:

r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip - MD5: 10b0bae0f834c7010f995c705d64f960

There really was not much to 'fix' from the stock, but I've removed the usual ZTE mess, fixed the wrongly mounted file system, the ADB problems for windows users, updated all the google apps, rooted, added SuperUser, etc, etc..

it will only work on gen2 devices, so updated v9's only.

The quick and dirty install guide:

0) download file and copy to your SD card

1) use z4root to root your device

2) use Recovery Manager to install a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery

3) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

4) install update.zip

5) reboot

6) ...

7) ...

8) profit!

Well I managed to get 2.2 installed, but I wanted to install the Sebastians update.

Managed to get the update.zip (I renamed it to update.zip) to my SD card and also installed z4root as well as clockworkmod 4.0

What exactly do after step 3, as the only thing I can do is navigate between the options (reboot, install update.zip, clear cache).

How do I select install.zip (from SD card)?

How do I select reboot as the only way is to remove the battery ?

Guest Nicke
Well I managed to get 2.2 installed, but I wanted to install the Sebastians update.

Managed to get the update.zip (I renamed it to update.zip) to my SD card and also installed z4root as well as clockworkmod 4.0

What exactly do after step 3, as the only thing I can do is navigate between the options (reboot, install update.zip, clear cache).

How do I select install.zip (from SD card)?

How do I select reboot as the only way is to remove the battery ?

Vol + - to browse the options. Power to select.

Guest Nicke
I will do a real post at somepoint soon when I get time... I'm hella busy with work, lots BIG projects going on.... we are out of beta and releasing on time.

But here is my 'custom' ROM:

r2_update_de-branded_blade_gen2-update-signed.zip - MD5: 10b0bae0f834c7010f995c705d64f960

There really was not much to 'fix' from the stock, but I've removed the usual ZTE mess, fixed the wrongly mounted file system, the ADB problems for windows users, updated all the google apps, rooted, added SuperUser, etc, etc..

it will only work on gen2 devices, so updated v9's only.

3) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery

4) install update.zip

5) reboot

6) ...

7) ...

8) profit!

Titanium Backup shows no apps with this. Do you know why?

Guest daveylau
I think I am the only one keeping this thread going, but.

Once you have installed the 2.2 update, androot no longer works, but z4root seems to work fine..

Also I've made a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery..

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.4

Hi there Sebastian404

You've been a great help with you knowledge, only if I managed to see this thread before I bricked my ZTE V9...... :o

I can't even get the FTM by press the Vol Down '-' to reflash the device, it just stays on the ZTE intro screen. And If I don't press the Vol Down '-' it just load up the Android Icon and then the word ANDROID just freezes.

I was trying to root the device so that I can free up some internal phone memory, but in doing so, I was using the Droid Root Pro and was following an instructed process, when it reboot, this is what it end up......???? :mellow:

Just don't know what to do with it now, but I saw your post, and was thinking whether it'll work.... trying it now.

Daveylau

Guest waatavr
a bit random but since i picked up a new galaxy tab I'll be dropping the v9 like a hot rock, if anyone wants it pm me, I'll probably throw it up on ebay at the begining of may if no one wants it. looking for $100 aud.

just a quick thanks to the guys who made it good, thanks pegaxs, Sebastian, and alphaxs off the top of my head. great work guys.

Hey I m interested..le me know if it's still available.

Guest daveylau
Hi there Sebastian404

You've been a great help with you knowledge, only if I managed to see this thread before I bricked my ZTE V9...... :o

I can't even get the FTM by press the Vol Down '-' to reflash the device, it just stays on the ZTE intro screen. And If I don't press the Vol Down '-' it just load up the Android Icon and then the word ANDROID just freezes.

I was trying to root the device so that I can free up some internal phone memory, but in doing so, I was using the Droid Root Pro and was following an instructed process, when it reboot, this is what it end up......???? :mellow:

Just don't know what to do with it now, but I saw your post, and was thinking whether it'll work.... trying it now.

Daveylau

Flashed BACK my V9 Successfully!!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE, AND NOW I'VE GOT MY V9 WORKING AGAIN..... The part about the one blink of the LED when the volume '+' and '-' then the power switch was a saviour to my Reflash.... then the part of using the flasher was Brill!!!! However, to root the device, I need to thanks this person (hariz9511) of whom I found him placing a blog all alone here...

hariz9511 Blog

He has shared some really crucial info in Rooting your V9 SUCESSFULLY, he was using VISIONary PLUS which is found here amongst all the posting.

VISIONary PLUS

I now have a Rooted V9 with Android 2.2, and with backup and recovery this time..... I will look into how to increase my internal phone memory and attempt to overclock the cpu to at least 800MHz, so that you can run the Adobe Flash Player 10.1

I can see some of the people here is struggling to install and run Adobe Flash Player 10.1 this could be reason why (the device is only 600 Mhz). Here is a reply from the supplier of the device in Hong Kong when I question them why I can not install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 when I thought when you upgraded the Android 2.2, you can use Flash Player 10.1, here is what they have said:-

"Dear Dave,

Thanks for your enquiry.

According to Adobe flash 10.1 system requirement, apart from OS 2.2, the CPU required 800MHz CPU for WVGA display.

ZTE Light only have 600MHz CPU, it is not possible to support adobe flash 10.1.

adobe flash 10.1 "

So do you think if we can overclock the device to at least 800Mhz which May will allow us to Run Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (flash_player_10_1.zip)? Any reliable App out there that can overclock our ZTE Lighe V9?

I will explore around.

And Thanks again,

Edited by daveylau

Guest wankeringkeller

Thanks for the 2.2 update...

Works great, but one little issue I can't seem to fix..

Email it cannot connect to the server, Tried K9 Email too same error (with IOException).. I use the same settings on blade no issue, I have tried both Wifi and via G3 same same... I tried the "official" 2.2 update and the root patched version same same.. Email worked with 2.1

Is there anyway I can debug the app to see what is going on..

Guest alpha xs
Hi there Sebastian404

Daveylau

hi

1 - Boot it as is and go to device manager, see what shows up.

(of not this way try combing hardware keys, untill it boots and show in the device manager - EVEN WITH A BLANK SREEN always see what happens in device manager, but as is with the ZTE image you should suceed )

2 - Force Android ADB drivers to install,

3 - Try ADB (may not work)...

4 - Use Fastboot

"fastboot devices"

until it returns other than error ou device no present

Should returns "?" " something else"

When so we'rre good!!!!

5 - Now get use img you may have gor or use the ones posted here and other's repository (sebastian made a excellent one)

6 - fastboot flash recovery "path of the file"

In this step if you have a gen1 (2.1) then use the recover sebastian made and install it for 2.1 and try from there

You can there use for instance this mod http://androidpt.com/index.php?option=com_...0&Itemid=30

to install via recovery (power & vol )

7 - done this just go and go for 2.2 if you want.

hope this help

Edited by alpha xs

Guest Andy Mak
Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..

If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Bad hash i 1:st file

Guest alpha xs

Summary

alphaxsMOD2.2.0.1

Based on V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03

"Clean" Rom + Rooted

With : recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-v9-gen2 by Sebastian404

Hardware butons dont'seem to start recovery so use quick boot...for now

alphaxsMOD2.2.1 will be realeasad next, with new boot logo and with the basic apps loaded, and other improvements.

It will be installed via recovery.

This one is installed via FTM flasher - Multisales.

And is a room to use to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2., or some emergency.

How to Install:

(this part used gtranslate(its 02:00 got to go to slepp)

from: http://androidpt.com/index.php?option=com_...0&Itemid=30

Good Start for general tutorial to upgrade to 2.2

NOTE: Due to some errors advise drivers who have a machine with XP to use for this process, who do not have it you can create a virtual machine with virtual box (always the way trust me)

1 - Download from:

Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227

Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched

alphaxsMOD2.2.0.1

2) Unzip everything to a directory

3 - Install the program Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01

4 - Copy the file to the folder Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe program installation

5 - Run the program Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 and indicate the path to the directory where the room was extracted alphaxsMOD2.2.0.1

6 - With ZTE off removing the battery and wait 10 seconds, can touch the contacts of ZTE to accelerate discharge wastewater, and then reconnect the battery.

7 - Press (and hold) VOL (-) & VOL (+) and then also press the power button button, (you'll see the light flashes one time).

8 - Now turn on the ZTE with the USB cable to the PC;

9 - Go to My Computer, selecting with the right mouse button and choose to manage;

10 - Select the Device Manager and go to the port and see the number that appears;

11 - Go Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 window and select an ADC that port;

12 In low-in 'Information File' clicks SW Directory and browse to the folder 'alphaxsMOD2.2.0.1'

13 - Select 'Backup NV' and then 'Start All'

14 - Will you stay with a new file in the program folder called 'Channel1.nvm' (make a copy for safety) (if error, does everything till the end if you finish with FTM screen returns to repeat the process, the second time ja will create the file correctly (may be the first time at 0 kb)

15 - Now in Action Mode select 'Download' and then 'Start All'

16 - Began ensures that not even turn off the PC or the tablet!

17 - If everything went well you have the 2.2 if you stay locked up on the screen MTF (if the file has 0 kb Channel1.nvm can happen, then repeats the process going and this time the backup already generates a file of any size. If FTM der again takes the battery and repeat the process that I explained before, then waits for the first boot takes more time. You can also try to link carrying power & vol +

Edited by alpha xs

Guest AndersTornberg
Has anyone else noticed their IMEI number changes with the update? -- This could result in some major problems if it's wide-spread.

... on that note, does anyone know how I can change it back to original IMEI without having to undo the upgrade?

Same problem here, also accidentaly didn´t do the Backup NV step.

Is there a way to return to original ROM, since I managed to do a backup of that... :-)

Sebastian?

Thanks in advance.

//Anders.

Guest alpha xs
Same problem here, also accidentaly didn´t do the Backup NV step.

Is there a way to return to original ROM, since I managed to do a backup of that... :-)

Sebastian?

Thanks in advance.

//Anders.

Just checked myne and the imei changed to, so it must be the NV step!!!!

In my case it didn't want to do it so i was forced to skip it...

the second time it did created a NV file with no problem... but i figured now that it was it the wrong imei this time...

So try to make the NV backup

my imei now ends with: 642710 and yours any change?

And about the hardware buttons to start in recovery? anyone can use them?

Edited by alpha xs

Guest slickric
Does anyone confirm that there will be official upgrade eventually (or even better with a schedule)? If so, I'd probably just wait for it.

there is an offical update frlom Optus for their prepaid my tab's out already and is available from the zte website. post paid device update will likely be another week or 2

Guest slickric

my turn for a stupid question... how do i use recovery manager?

Guest AndersTornberg
Just checked myne and the imei changed to, so it must be the NV step!!!!

In my case it didn't want to do it so i was forced to skip it...

the second time it did created a NV file with no problem... but i figured now that it was it the wrong imei this time...

So try to make the NV backup

my imei now ends with: 642710 and yours any change?

And about the hardware buttons to start in recovery? anyone can use them?

Check http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...also-the-imei/#

Gonna try it later tonight.

Maybe it is not in the same position in the V9 file, but since you know your present IMEI, you could reverse engineer it and find out.

I don´t have my V9 here, it´s at home, so I can´t check my IMEI right now.

//Anders.

Guest AndersTornberg
Check http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...also-the-imei/#

Gonna try it later tonight.

Maybe it is not in the same position in the V9 file, but since you know your present IMEI, you could reverse engineer it and find out.

I don´t have my V9 here, it´s at home, so I can´t check my IMEI right now.

//Anders.

Quoting myself :-)

I managed to get my IMEI back using the Hex-edit method.

Have to reinstall all SW though :-)

The offset for the Light is 0x1215.

1) Prepare edited Channel1.nvm

2) Start the update process according to the guide in this thread

3) When you get to the "Backup NV" part, put your V9 into FTM mode by holding down VOL - until the FTM-sign shows.

4) Now use Multisales, make sure radio button "Restore NV" is marked, make sure that the edited Channel1.nvm is in same directory as Multisales.

5) Click start all, FTM mode will allow you to do both backup and restore, but you want to do a restore with your new IMEI, right.

6) wait for it to finish, disconnect, remove battery, put battery back and start up with vol + pushed. Do not release Vol + until the Light reboots.

7) Love and behold, your IMEI has been restored, if you made everything right with the HEX edit.

I´ll upload the file that I got when I did a backup NV after succesfully downloading Firmware, you can use this and edit it, or make your own "raw" hex file with the same method.

Rename file to .nvm before trying to do the restore. (Wasn´t allowed to upload .nvm file)

Best regards

Anders.

Channel1.txt

Edited by AndersTornberg

Guest fredgo

Hi and thanks for the guide. After a whole lot of reading I tried to update to 2.2.

One thing I had problems with was that the pad was locked in the "FTM" mode and however I tried to hold down the volumebuttons while booting the device I couldnt go pass the FTM mode.

But after I read a little bit more i tried to hold down the volume + and wait until the lights rebooted I got it to work. Thx anderstornberg.

Thanks again everybody who have helped in this thread.

Edit: ZTE light Sweden with telia works fine with the upgrade and the touchscreen got better than before

Edited by fredgo