291 replies to this topic

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5
Has anyone else noticed their IMEI number changes with the update? -- This could result in some major problems if it's wide-spread.

... on that note, does anyone know how I can change it back to original IMEI without having to undo the upgrade?

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

pixies_name

pixies_name

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte v9
please anybody knows how to return to the stock rom?.

yuden

yuden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Has anyone else noticed their IMEI number changes with the update? -- This could result in some major problems if it's wide-spread.

... on that note, does anyone know how I can change it back to original IMEI without having to undo the upgrade?

No change in IMEI here. I have updated the device, installed Sebastian's custom ROM, returned (through Clockworkmod to 2.2) and the IMEI is what it should be.

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:htc desire zte v9, galaxy tab
a bit random but since i picked up a new galaxy tab I'll be dropping the v9 like a hot rock, if anyone wants it pm me, I'll probably throw it up on ebay at the begining of may if no one wants it. looking for $100 aud.

just a quick thanks to the guys who made it good, thanks pegaxs, Sebastian, and alphaxs off the top of my head. great work guys.

Edited by slapnuts, 21 April 2011 - 02:25 PM.

No.

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

No change in IMEI here. I have updated the device, installed Sebastian's custom ROM, returned (through Clockworkmod to 2.2) and the IMEI is what it should be.

Hmm, well that's sorta good to hear... must be something I did... or didn't do :s - Was a tad worried if it was a common thing from this update it could have serious issues. (Seems I've been reverted to the ZTE Test IMEI)

Well... guess they won't be blocking that IMEI anytime soon, and the device still works fine. Altho I would like to revert it back to it's real number, I've found the IMEI stored in /data/oma/did but when edited it just reverts back with boot (and has no effect on the system, IMEI is still reported as the test one).

-- I think I know what I did to get this IMEI change, the Backup NV step failed for me... so I kinda er, skipped it. (I only had the original instructions to go by, which has no reference of FTM mode)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 21 April 2011 - 05:56 PM.

ramrats

ramrats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..
If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

please help me...the screen still in black after zte white screea & android logo green...then black screen...help...i was held vol + / - but...no change..

and that is expired link with the 2 pack file in page 1
:) :)

Rasiti

Rasiti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE v9 Prepaid
Hi Sebastian I need your help after i bought a ZTE v9 prepaid n installed the both link file it wont work at all.. I did upload this picture if u could have a look on it.. It says that the sofware is different. Thank you :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  ZTE.jpg   162.05KB   73 downloads

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Hi Sebastian I need your help after i bought a ZTE v9 prepaid n installed the both link file it wont work at all.. I did upload this picture if u could have a look on it.. It says that the sofware is different. Thank you :)

You need to download the second file to get it to work, extract the patched file from the downloaded rar and place it in the same folder as the flasher was installed into (something like "C:\Program Files\ZTE\Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01"). And then run the patched file "Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_patched.exe" to get it to work past that part.

Please note that as refereed to latter in the instructions on here, this is better done in FTM mode.

-- 2nd file
-- http://www.filesonic.../file/638425224

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

I'm still stuck with Test IMEI because I did it according to the original instructions, and the backup failed so I skipped that part... seems that's a big "No No"

- _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ -

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 22 April 2011 - 09:22 AM.

pixies_name

pixies_name

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte v9
The rom is very unstable for me. Now I get many reboots. I have problems with the phone too. I get errors with calls. Sometimes i can't make calls.
For me, in my particular tablet, this rom is almost unsable.
Are there any way to go back to the stock o some other rom with unlocked phone, please?

Edited by pixies_name, 23 April 2011 - 09:47 PM.

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Boston + ZTE V9
  • Twitter:@alphaxs

It doesn't have the grunt to run flash or even XviD/DivX files without having to be recoded to a lower bitrate... holding out for 3.0 is a pipe dream and a half.
Anyway, thanks for the info Sebastian... Will give it an install later and try out your clockwork recovery... Just means im going to have to boot back into windows... something im not always fond of :)

Even in 2.1 i had the same and tried rock player since it was the best... but now with Mobo Player... it runs perfect!!! even rmvb!!!

tos

tos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:MPX220

the instructions on the first side of the thread or the instuctions for gen2?

is the doc in the file i have to download?

Hi Lassito... upgrading to 2.2 on a ZTE V9 from 3Austria works like a charm... had no probs and till now no reboots or hang-ups...

ziemenify

ziemenify

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Light v9
hi there.

umm.. u seems to know a lot n im really really newbie in this android tablet stuff,can i ask a quick question; in my 'about phone' says android version 2.2, kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf zte-kernel@zdroid-smt (btw its zte light v9 device) what i have to do so this device can play swf object or flash player ???
help enlight me..please

sicksand

sicksand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks Sebastia404 for the custom rom,

I have one question, mainly i used v9 as a tablet when it is 2.1 and upgraded to 'official'. So there is no sim install on the phone. but when i updated to your custom rom, the "Insert SIM" appear and I can do nothing to get rid of it? How do I solved this? Is there a workaround, or I have to insert sim manually.

schtek1

schtek1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S, ZTE Light V9

Filesonic won't let me download the files.

Are they sitting anywhere else?

I have same problem... I got one file down but now it says im downloading (wich im obviously not) :mellow:

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I all!

I tryed your recovery sebastian, the mod gen2, but in my case the revory v3 was no working (could not select nay option noly navigate, tried power, and touch... and nothing)

So decide to go the hard way, after many trial and error, use Quick boot, rebooted in bootloader and with the ZTE sreen forced the ADB driver to install and it did.

No adb shell.... but fastboot devices returned "?" so used fastboot flash recovery

Now my question is. I tried all the combinations i could think off but did not manage to boot in to clockwork recovery.... but if i normal boot and select recovery in Quick boot, it boots in clockwork recovery...

I used the *.img to flash

any ideas?

PS - Full tutorial in here
Use google translator, by now just ended and don't have the time to translate rigth now sorry

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Anyone tried to install flash player?

Market doesn-t let me... says its unsuported...

wbaw

wbaw

account closed

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Ok, guys, I've managed to screw up my V9 using the files as a TPT, but people seem to have had more success with the .EXE that is also linked...

I recommend you proceed with care..
If any of you have an Optus mytab and are feel like installing it, can you PM me before you run it.. I might be able to fix my tab with your help...

Does anybody want me to try converting these into a TPT? I did it safely for the Blade. I don't actually have a V9 though, so somebody else will have to risk being the first tester.

I'd also need a 'Gen1' V9 TPT...

sane?

sane?

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Pulse, ZTE v9
According to Optus twitstream, their official 2.2 upgrade for the ZTE v9 will be available Monday. Time will tell if this is the same as the ZTE one, with the Optus cruft on top.

yuden

yuden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Anyone tried to install flash player?

Market doesn-t let me... says its unsuported...

No Flash support. The processor is to blame. As I have read, there isn't any flash support for V6 processors

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

According to Optus twitstream, their official 2.2 upgrade for the ZTE v9 will be available Monday. Time will tell if this is the same as the ZTE one, with the Optus cruft on top.

This version is the generic room to be sent to operators for customization, so yes it should be that.
Still this seems to be the 3rd version, since the first was the on launched a month ago when we first see the 2.2 in some devices

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users