Gonna try it later tonight.
Maybe it is not in the same position in the V9 file, but since you know your present IMEI, you could reverse engineer it and find out.
I don´t have my V9 here, it´s at home, so I can´t check my IMEI right now.
Quoting myself :-)
I managed to get my IMEI back using the Hex-edit method.
Have to reinstall all SW though :-)
The offset for the Light is 0x1215.
1) Prepare edited Channel1.nvm
2) Start the update process according to the guide in this thread
3) When you get to the "Backup NV" part, put your V9 into FTM mode by holding down VOL - until the FTM-sign shows.
4) Now use Multisales, make sure radio button "Restore NV" is marked, make sure that the edited Channel1.nvm is in same directory as Multisales.
5) Click start all, FTM mode will allow you to do both backup and restore, but you want to do a restore with your new IMEI, right.
6) wait for it to finish, disconnect, remove battery, put battery back and start up with vol + pushed. Do not release Vol + until the Light reboots.
7) Love and behold, your IMEI has been restored, if you made everything right with the HEX edit.
I´ll upload the file that I got when I did a backup NV after succesfully downloading Firmware, you can use this and edit it, or make your own "raw" hex file with the same method.
Rename file to .nvm before trying to do the restore. (Wasn´t allowed to upload .nvm file)