• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Diabeetus

Diabeetus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Light (V9)
Thanks for the release, been waiting for this ages. Works flawless so far.

Edited by Diabeetus, 05 May 2011 - 10:15 AM.

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:htc desire zte v9, galaxy tab
What i did is firstly use is Universal Androot 1.6.2-beta5 installed it from SDCard with Astro File Manager. Rooted The Tab with a single tap. Installed ROM Manager (Of Course it has SuperUser rights) I Chose Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery and used any of the devices listed (ZTE is not listed). I chose the Commtiva Z71 etc which flashes with version 2.5.1.3 Then i flashed it with Hawai Ascend which install version 3.0.0.5 Renamed the "b8_recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-light.img" to "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71" and copied the file. Then i went to SDCard into folder "clockworkmod\download\koush.tandtgaming.com\recov eries" and replaced the "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71" with renamed "light" img. Back to ROM Manager i flashed it again with Commtiva Z71 which i actually used the "light" image so now i have b8_recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-light. Note! that rom manager still says i have version 2.5.1.3

Many thanks for your input. It seems I made an error. I used Recovery Manager, NOT ROM Manager to install the recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.8-v9-gen1.img file, which I mentioned above. It said it was installed but would not boot into recovery, but it has clearly overwritten the FTM recovery option. Do I have the wrong image file? It 'seemed' to be the right one by the name.

The reason i wasn't able to use ROM manager was that it asked for me to select the model of my device when I selected the "Flash CWM Recovery" option, but the ZTE v9 was not listed. Just a few devices. So i was stuck. Then tried Recovery manager.

What i did is firstly use is Universal Androot 1.6.2-beta5 installed it from SDCard with Astro File Manager. Rooted The Tab with a single tap. Installed ROM Manager (Of Course it has SuperUser rights) I Chose Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery and used any of the devices listed (ZTE is not listed). I chose the Commtiva Z71 etc which flashes with version 2.5.1.3 Then i flashed it with Hawai Ascend which install version 3.0.0.5 Renamed the "b8_recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-light.img" to "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71" and copied the file. Then i went to SDCard into folder "clockworkmod\download\koush.tandtgaming.com\recov eries" and replaced the "recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-z71" with renamed "light" img. Back to ROM Manager i flashed it again with Commtiva Z71 which i actually used the "light" image so now i have b8_recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-light. Note! that rom manager still says i have version 2.5.1.3

Substitute your version you downloaded for the one mentioned in this post.

No.

BigRizz

BigRizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Dell Axim X50v, ZTE V9
I own an Optus V9. I upgraded to Froyo 2.2 a couple of weeks ago using Sebastian404's helpful guidance. I'm now having a slight issue with the screen and was thinking I should take it back into Dick Smith and get it replaced. I'm a little concerned that they'll take one look at it and void my warranty because it's not the official release for the device. My issue is hardware related and nothing to do with the operating system. I figured I'd just install the Optus update and all will be fine. The problem is that when I now try to install the Optus release, it tells me it only works with the Optus My Tab. In other words, it no longer recognises the device as an Optus My Tab.

Of course, I stupidly launched into upgrading to Froyo 2.2 without taking a backup of the original operating system. Anyone have any ideas how I can upgrade to the official Optus release from the non-official one? I take it that if I can get my hands on the original 2.1 firmware, I can downgrade to it? If so, would anyone be so kind as to share their backup? Any help would be much appreciated.

slickric

slickric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:zte v9

Substitute your version you downloaded for the one mentioned in this post.

legend - im all good after this info, thanks for spelling it out :mellow:

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I own an Optus V9. I upgraded to Froyo 2.2 a couple of weeks ago using Sebastian404's helpful guidance. I'm now having a slight issue with the screen and was thinking I should take it back into Dick Smith and get it replaced. I'm a little concerned that they'll take one look at it and void my warranty because it's not the official release for the device. My issue is hardware related and nothing to do with the operating system. I figured I'd just install the Optus update and all will be fine. The problem is that when I now try to install the Optus release, it tells me it only works with the Optus My Tab. In other words, it no longer recognises the device as an Optus My Tab.

Of course, I stupidly launched into upgrading to Froyo 2.2 without taking a backup of the original operating system. Anyone have any ideas how I can upgrade to the official Optus release from the non-official one? I take it that if I can get my hands on the original 2.1 firmware, I can downgrade to it? If so, would anyone be so kind as to share their backup? Any help would be much appreciated.

The short answer is, you can't downgrade. And you may have to wait till someone posts up an image of optus's rom so you can flash it though cwm.
The official update only recognizes 2.1 mytabs so it won't read yours.

What's wrong with your screen?

No.

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Boston + ZTE V9
  • Twitter:@alphaxs

Quoting myself :-)

I managed to get my IMEI back using the Hex-edit method.
Have to reinstall all SW though :-)

The offset for the Light is 0x1215.

1) Prepare edited Channel1.nvm
2) Start the update process according to the guide in this thread
3) When you get to the "Backup NV" part, put your V9 into FTM mode by holding down VOL - until the FTM-sign shows.
4) Now use Multisales, make sure radio button "Restore NV" is marked, make sure that the edited Channel1.nvm is in same directory as Multisales.
5) Click start all, FTM mode will allow you to do both backup and restore, but you want to do a restore with your new IMEI, right.
6) wait for it to finish, disconnect, remove battery, put battery back and start up with vol + pushed. Do not release Vol + until the Light reboots.
7) Love and behold, your IMEI has been restored, if you made everything right with the HEX edit.

I´ll upload the file that I got when I did a backup NV after succesfully downloading Firmware, you can use this and edit it, or make your own "raw" hex file with the same method.
Rename file to .nvm before trying to do the restore. (Wasn´t allowed to upload .nvm file)

Best regards
Anders.

Great job going to try that asap!

About all the other issues, many been solved already, still , just go to post's 113 and 118

113 - how to salvage what seems to be a bricked device

118 -alphaxsMOD 2.2.0.1 - Stock 2.2 rom + recovery by sebastian404 + root + busybox +superuser

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Boston + ZTE V9
  • Twitter:@alphaxs
Still one question, anyone can boot the recovery using the butons?... can't (in my case i use the not signed image)

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Still one question, anyone can boot the recovery using the butons?... can't (in my case i use the not signed image)

I can. Have been able to with both generic and Sebastian rom

No.

BigRizz

BigRizz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Dell Axim X50v, ZTE V9

The short answer is, you can't downgrade. And you may have to wait till someone posts up an image of optus's rom so you can flash it though cwm.
The official update only recognizes 2.1 mytabs so it won't read yours.

What's wrong with your screen?

There's a kind of warp or slight wave in the screen. I don't know a whole lot about LCDs but I'm guessing there is some form of plastic protective layer on the very top. That's what is seems like, at least. At first it didn't bug me too much but I'm fairly sure it is the cause of what seems a ridiculous number of incorrectly input characters when I type on the screen. When I type an 'I' I often get a 'J'. It is right where the screen warp lives and it is fairly consistenly here that I have the incorrect input. The warp is fairly obvious when you put it up to a light. I can feel it when I run my finger over the screen when dragging stuff on the screen.

I'd be curious to hear from other owners of ZTE V9s. Is the surface of your LCD flat or is it not unusual to have a bit of a wave in it? Does anyone else have an obvious 'wave' in their screen?

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

There's a kind of warp or slight wave in the screen. I don't know a whole lot about LCDs but I'm guessing there is some form of plastic protective layer on the very top. That's what is seems like, at least. At first it didn't bug me too much but I'm fairly sure it is the cause of what seems a ridiculous number of incorrectly input characters when I type on the screen. When I type an 'I' I often get a 'J'. It is right where the screen warp lives and it is fairly consistenly here that I have the incorrect input. The warp is fairly obvious when you put it up to a light. I can feel it when I run my finger over the screen when dragging stuff on the screen.

I'd be curious to hear from other owners of ZTE V9s. Is the surface of your LCD flat or is it not unusual to have a bit of a wave in it? Does anyone else have an obvious 'wave' in their screen?

This is normal as it is a resistive screen, not capacitive. Try recalibrating the screen to cure inconsistency. But you do get what you paid for and given the price of these thing's it's amazing they work as well as they do.

No.

josh_axey

josh_axey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S, ZTE V9, SmartQ V7

Mine also has this. There is a slight.... buldge if you will... in the centre of the screen. This is pretty normal for a large resistive screen. Mine is only irritating when you press in the centre... it feels as though you are pushing a little bubble.
But, yeah - resistive is just like that. You could try returning for one and luck of the drawing a bit of buldge in a different spot... but maybe not worth the hassle?

psychbiz

psychbiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-V9

Many thanks for all this assistance. Ive learned a lot. But I finally discovered that the img file I downloaded for CWM was the right file, but was only partially downloaded! It was supposed to be 3.4Mb, but mine was 500k. Without knowledge I didn't notice this. Finally copied the correct (complete) file across to my Optus tab and installed it with Recovery Manager. Very simple! :mellow: And it booted into CWM recovery menu. Haven't tried to go further yet. I apologise for the dumb newbie error.

Edited by psychbiz, 06 May 2011 - 07:49 AM.

KJ75

KJ75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

What are the differences with the official 2.2 update from ZTE released a few days ago, and the 2.2 release released here (earlier ZTE release ) with Sebastians update ?

Playing Angry Birds RIO is somewhat lagging in some stages and hoping for an update that will improve things.

I was thinking of trying the official release (currently using the earlier ZTE release with Sebastian update) but FTE no longer works.
KJ75

Did a bit more research and seems the official firmware from ZTE is better as it solves the Angy bird lag issue I am experiencing with Sebastians upgraded 2.2 upgrade (may also have been an issue with 2.1).

http://www.zte.com.a...p...52&start=50

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

There must be something I don't get here. Have I missed something?
In attempting to follow the above I:
1. "Firstly use is Universal Androot 1.6.2-beta5. Rooted The Tab with a single tap. Installed ROM Manager (Of Course it has SuperUser rights) I Chose Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery and used any of the devices listed (ZTE is not listed). I used Hawei ascend.

2. I then went to /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.sea.tdrevolution.net/cm/revoveries and renamed recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend.img to recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend.old

3. I then found the clockworkmod image I downloaded previously and using astro copied it into the above folder and renamed it to: recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend.img

4. I then went back to ROM Manager and repeated "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" command. This time it did not request choosing a phone model, but just came up with a progress bar at the top for some time and then said "Current Recovery: ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5.

5. I rebooted into Recovery with ROM Manager (Full of hope I might add!) and to my great disappointment still just got the same little green android splash image staring at me endlessly on the screen!

What have I done wrong! When you look at the file structure it looks so Linuxlike (Which I have used for years) and yet here I have no idea what I am doing with what looks like a simple task (end of rant - sorry)

All I can suggest is check to see if it wasn't downloaded again. It may have, delete the *.old and check the cwm download dir for another copy. There shouldn't be a progress bar when flashing fixed file Afaik

No.

stroba

stroba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
A lot of the apps in Android Market are not visible after rooting the device. Is there a workaround the get these blocked apps visible again or how should I install them?

melnik

melnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am trying this way, but it fails: when I "go back in Action Mode and tick the download box and press Start All", I receive this message: [The version is not matching,can not use this software!]. Please help, What should I do? I Have one Tablet ZTE V9 from Vodafone (Portugal).

A Couple of People have asked me now so here are some more involved instuctions:

1) download the two files from the first post
2) unrar both files to a temporary directory
3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program
4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01
5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file
6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.
7) holding down VOL UP + VOL DOWN press the power button, you will see the power LED flash once
8) now connect the USB cable to your PC
9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)
10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory
11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'
12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that
13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again
14) wait
15) pray
I should mention that using this method, I've managed to get my v9 working again, even tho I screwed it first time around :mellow:
EDIT:

Some people have reported better results from re-installing a STOCK ROM and then rebooting the device into FTM mode, rather than the method mentioed in step 7... you might want to give that go

psychbiz

psychbiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:ZTE-V9
I am trying to install the official Optus Froyo update from ZTE website using windows XP. I have rooted my Tab with Universal Androot and also unlocked it from network (Not because I want to change networks, but because I prefer a customer relationship based on mutual trust and not coercion).

My problem is that when I run the "Optus_V9 Upgrade Tool.exe" it reports that this version is for prepaid phones only and refuses to go any further! Is there some workaround I can use to resolve this and install the official 2.2 upgrade?

in2tronix

in2tronix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte v9 light

I am trying to install the official Optus Froyo update from ZTE website using windows XP. I have rooted my Tab with Universal Androot and also unlocked it from network (Not because I want to change networks, but because I prefer a customer relationship based on mutual trust and not coercion).

My problem is that when I run the "Optus_V9 Upgrade Tool.exe" it reports that this version is for prepaid phones only and refuses to go any further! Is there some workaround I can use to resolve this and install the official 2.2 upgrade?

Hi All ZTE V9 Light " Optus My Tab " Owners and Contributers.

A couple of months ago i got flooded with used android devices and cam across AU Optus My Tab " AKA V9 Light " witch caought my eye.
i quickly started rooting the device and found out its unlocked. "carrier wise ".

Came across Sabsatians 2.2 Rom with flasher and updated. " Creadit goes to Sabastian , good on ya mate. :o "

The Rom is flawless , there's nothing wrong with it besides rooting it properly" right root app ".

Using Sales Multi then using official 2.2 from Optus doesn't work.

I would like to know how to manage that operation successfully or it is not possible at the moment.

Im trying a couple of hack .exe programes to see if i can extract that official optus 2.2 update execution.

I would like to compare the 2 Roms Out There, Like Speed, Executions, Memory or possible Low Quality Flash Supoort.

Sabastian's 2.2 is the closets Generic Rom Updater + Flasher ever created for this Tablet. Untill this bodgy Optus 2.2 update came along.

the features between the two are two different approaches.

Is it possible to switch between the two 2.2 Roms with PC Based Approach, or is it too early conclude.

Bid shout outs to everyone especially the major contributors. :mellow:

patrikbrann

patrikbrann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4, Desire, Light

Quoting myself :-)

I managed to get my IMEI back using the Hex-edit method.
Have to reinstall all SW though :-)

The offset for the Light is 0x1215.

1) Prepare edited Channel1.nvm
2) Start the update process according to the guide in this thread
3) When you get to the "Backup NV" part, put your V9 into FTM mode by holding down VOL - until the FTM-sign shows.
4) Now use Multisales, make sure radio button "Restore NV" is marked, make sure that the edited Channel1.nvm is in same directory as Multisales.
5) Click start all, FTM mode will allow you to do both backup and restore, but you want to do a restore with your new IMEI, right.
6) wait for it to finish, disconnect, remove battery, put battery back and start up with vol + pushed. Do not release Vol + until the Light reboots.
7) Love and behold, your IMEI has been restored, if you made everything right with the HEX edit.

I´ll upload the file that I got when I did a backup NV after succesfully downloading Firmware, you can use this and edit it, or make your own "raw" hex file with the same method.
Rename file to .nvm before trying to do the restore. (Wasn´t allowed to upload .nvm file)

Best regards
Anders.

Worked fine for me too.

I let the program generate a new nvm file for me.
Edited it and flashed it back, now i got my own imei again :mellow:

Just to clarify for anyone like me,
Taken from: http://www.swedroid....p;postcount=196

Example of IMEI to HEX conversion.

IMEI: 3 54 43 31 40 00 75 16
Hex:3A 45 34 13 04 00 57 61

its all about number swap :D
Correct me if im wrong, but at least i did this and now my phone show the correct imei :o

//Patrik

destroyerGT540

destroyerGT540

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus GT540, Optus My Tab

The quick and dirty install guide:

0) download file and copy to your SD card
1) use z4root to root your device
2) use Recovery Manager to install a gen2 version of clockworkmod recovery
3) reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery
4) install update.zip
5) reboot
6) ...
7) ...
8) profit!

Worked really well for me! Better than the official Optus 2.2, way better. Thank you again sebastian!!! :unsure:

Edited by destroyerGT540, 09 May 2011 - 04:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users