• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

5spdvl

5spdvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 (Optus MyTab)
I've been monitoring this thread and the Optus website for word of a working 2.2 update. Now it's available via both channels.

Is there a way to remove all the useless apps from the official rom (myspace, facebook, raging thunder, etc)? And any performance differences between them?

5spdvl

5spdvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've been monitoring this thread and the Optus website for word of a working 2.2 update. Now it's available via both channels.

Is there a way to remove all the useless apps from the official rom (myspace, facebook, raging thunder, etc)? And any performance differences between them?

So I gave the official update a shot, but gave up when it became apparent (after downloading the 150Mb install file) that it is for the pre paid My Tabs only. I've installed the alphaxsmod 2.2 easily however I'm unable to connect to my carrier (Optus) for calls/SMS/MMS/3G. Full cell strength, SIM detected, but no dice. has a full list of APNs I can select, but they still come up with the error message "Unable to connect".

Any ideas?

5spdvl

5spdvl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Third time lucky!! I had to choose the right APN (Optus ConnectCap), and set it to GSM/WCDMA Auto to get full network access back.

I'm also very happy to see that all the bloatware has been purged from this release. Thanks very much to those kind enough to put in their own time for the benefit of others. =)

alpha xs

alpha xs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Boston + ZTE V9
  • Twitter:@alphaxs
Downloads

alphaxs MOD2.2.1
Posted Image

oucheev

oucheev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Optus My Tab
I am from Malaysia and got this tab as a gift from an Australian friend. I tried to download the official 2.2 upgrade from Optus site but is bared because I am not from Australia. Can anyone help me by uploading the official upgrade?

XeKToReX

XeKToReX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:HTC Trophy, i8000, V9 MyTab

Edited by XeKToReX, 12 May 2011 - 02:03 PM.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404
Interesting to see there is now an official update, also interesting to see there is a new updater program too :unsure:

So, can *ALL* of the Australian users start to bug Optus for the kernel source now they have made the update officially available?

EDIT:

Anyone managed to update their device with this?

It looks like it will only create the standard files in C:\WINDOWS\sysdy\files once it detects a good device, can someone zip/upload those files for us?

Edited by Sebastian404, 13 May 2011 - 12:52 AM.

KJ75

KJ75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

Interesting to see there is now an official update, also interesting to see there is a new updater program too :unsure:

So, can *ALL* of the Australian users start to bug Optus for the kernel source now they have made the update officially available?

EDIT:

It looks like it will only create the standard files in C:\WINDOWS\sysdy\files once it detects a good device, can someone zip/upload those files for us?

I have two ZTE V9 tablet (Optus MyTab). The first I performed the early ZTE 2.2 + Sebastians update.
The second one I installed the official update that can be downloaded via the ZTE AU site.

The recent official update (single file 150MB) has been very good and do not have any issues. I can even get into the FTM mode (haven't installed clockwork recovery).

However I have a few issues with the earlier ZTE release and Sebastian update.
Firstly the screen is not as accurate as it was (I have colibrated it many times).
Second, I now have lots of issues when transferrinf files from the PC to the tab via usb.
It is telling me that the path is too deep.
I do not have this issue on the new official update.

Is there a way to install the official update even though I am already running 2.2 (earlier release + Sebastian update) and clowork recovery (cannot get into FTM) ??

KJ75

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

EDIT:

http://www.mediafire...hap4qm0lr2ugw1p

Only tried it breifly and to dump it and look for differences. Didn't test it enough to be sure but I think the magnetic compass is still crap. Kernel is an improvment though, more VPN related stuff enabled so VPN users might benefit from the new kernel. Apart from that it comes with a Optus bootanimation, some Optus apps (most of them are just bookmarks) and Raging Thunder II.

Swedish 2.2 update is supposed to be out next week and it should be unlocked and propably more clean so I passing this one.

And please, do bug Optus for kernel sources. With working kernel source we might be able to build or own touchscreen calibration into the kernel which might be all we need to get Gingerbread (CM7) running.

Blog - App

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

http://www.mediafire...hap4qm0lr2ugw1p

Only tried it breifly and to dump it and look for differences. Didn't test it enough to be sure but I think the magnetic compass is still crap. Kernel is an improvment though, more VPN related stuff enabled so VPN users might benefit from the new kernel. Apart from that it comes with a Optus bootanimation, some Optus apps (most of them are just bookmarks) and Raging Thunder II.

Swedish 2.2 update is supposed to be out next week and it should be unlocked and propably more clean so I passing this one.

And please, do bug Optus for kernel sources. With working kernel source we might be able to build or own touchscreen calibration into the kernel which might be all we need to get Gingerbread (CM7) running.

Thanks KK, and also welcome to the V9, I heard you had one, and I noticed your github of the cm7 groundwork...

I've been asking for the source from ZTE for a while now, and/or fixing the 2.6.29 source.. I don't know if your signed up but a guy posted on ZTE's opensource mailing list that he had started porting the 2.6.32 source from the blade and had a booting kernel without USB, inputs, etc, etc maybe he will beat the offical source to release:)

LayZeeDK

LayZeeDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend, ZTE Light (V9)
Sebastian404, are you still interested in Eclair stock ROM dump? I dumped mine using your tool ROM Dump before flashing Froyo.

alpha xs, for some reason your 2.2.0.1 MOD will not work on my ZTE V9. It only gets to ZTE logo.

Edited by LayZeeDK, 14 May 2011 - 12:46 AM.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Thanks KK, and also welcome to the V9, I heard you had one, and I noticed your github of the cm7 groundwork...

I've been asking for the source from ZTE for a while now, and/or fixing the 2.6.29 source.. I don't know if your signed up but a guy posted on ZTE's opensource mailing list that he had started porting the 2.6.32 source from the blade and had a booting kernel without USB, inputs, etc, etc maybe he will beat the offical source to release:)

That would be TomG, yes, I'm on that list. I also have the kernel working to that state. Boots, but no touchscreen and at least for me, no adb (which sucks as it means no way to get back recovery so I have to reflash everything with the hacked flasher).

Everything I've done to the kernel is available here: https://github.com/k...fe/blade-kernel

But it's obvious that we do not have their version of the touchscreen. :unsure:

Here's some stuff that may be useful to others:
  • OneClickRecoveryV9.apk - Installs your latest recovery (3.0.2.8) on Gen1/Gen2 devices (detects and installs the right version)
  • OneClickStockRecoveryV9.apk - Same thing but installs the Stock recovery Gen1/Gen2 (Uses stock recovery from Swedish Telia ZTE Light (Gen1) and the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Gen2))
  • OneClickRomDump.apk - Dumps ROM on 2.2 devices without the need of rooting
  • Northern Lights RLS2 - Modified version of the stock Swedish Telia Android 2.1 ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Light Roast RLS4 - Modified version of the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Custom partition layouts - Two layouts that gives more space for data. One works with the leaked 2.2 and the other requires Light Roast RLS4. The changed files should ONLY be used with the other files from the leaked V9 Generic ROM.

Blog - App

sane?

sane?

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Pulse, ZTE v9
What form of words should be used to get the right source code and make sure they know they have to do it?

And as a matter of interest kallt_kaffe, how similar is what you see to the Blade codebase? Is there a good chance that all your good work there will read across?

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

And as a matter of interest kallt_kaffe, how similar is what you see to the Blade codebase? Is there a good chance that all your good work there will read across?

The Blade and the Light are very similar. In fact the V9/Light kernel boots all the way on a Blade although the screen is very distorted.

The main differences seems to be screen driver and the touchscreen. I tried AHB overclocking by hexediting the kernel but it didn't boot so I suppose there may be some difference that doesn't cope with higher AHB bus it could also be me messing up in the hexeditor.

However I'm pretty sure we can expect overclocking at the same levels as the Blade but perhaps we will have to keep the AHB bus at normal levels.

The screen driver is included in the Blade source so the display works if you enable it. However the touchscreen included with the Blade source will need some work unless ZTE comes to their senses and gives us the source.

Blog - App

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Sebastian404, are you still interested in Eclair stock ROM dump? I dumped mine using your tool ROM Dump before flashing Froyo.

If its not already in the stock roms thread I'd be interested :unsure:

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
I have a dump of the stock Swedish 2.1 ROM (Light_V9V1.0.0B07). I'll upload it and PM you a link.

Blog - App

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

That would be TomG, yes, I'm on that list. I also have the kernel working to that state. Boots, but no touchscreen and at least for me, no adb (which sucks as it means no way to get back recovery so I have to reflash everything with the hacked flasher).

Everything I've done to the kernel is available here: https://github.com/k...fe/blade-kernel

But it's obvious that we do not have their version of the touchscreen. :)

Here's some stuff that may be useful to others:

• OneClickRecoveryV9.apk - Installs your latest recovery (3.0.2.8) on Gen1/Gen2 devices (detects and installs the right version)
  • OneClickStockRecoveryV9.apk - Same thing but installs the Stock recovery Gen1/Gen2 (Uses stock recovery from Swedish Telia ZTE Light (Gen1) and the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Gen2))
  • OneClickRomDump.apk - Dumps ROM on 2.2 devices without the need of rooting
  • Northern Lights RLS2 - Modified version of the stock Swedish Telia Android 2.1 ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Light Roast RLS4 - Modified version of the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Custom partition layouts - Two layouts that gives more space for data. One works with the leaked 2.2 and the other requires Light Roast RLS4. The changed files should ONLY be used with the other files from the leaked V9 Generic ROM.

you have been busy :unsure:

I spent a while trying to get the 2.6.29 kernel working, but the best I got was the same sort of results as you've had with the 32 source, I am hoping that we might get some new source out of ZTE soon.

I wish we could get a V9 forum on here.. Between Telia and the fact that Optus seems to be giving them away these days there is a lot of interest in the device.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

you have been busy :unsure:

I spent a while trying to get the 2.6.29 kernel working, but the best I got was the same sort of results as you've had with the 32 source, I am hoping that we might get some new source out of ZTE soon.

I wish we could get a V9 forum on here.. Between Telia and the fact that Optus seems to be giving them away these days there is a lot of interest in the device.

Telia dropped the price to a third (from ~$450 to ~$150) so suddenly there is lots of V9/Light owners in Sweden.

Btw, I put the attached files from the Optus ROM into my custom ROM that is based on the Generic 2.2 ROM and it seems that the compass is finally fixed.

EDIT: Here's a dump of the stock swedish 2.1 ROM: http://www.mediafire...5z88annkmawinbp

Attached Files

Edited by kallt_kaffe, 15 May 2011 - 10:21 AM.

Blog - App

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
Yeah Optus dropped the price by the same I hear, I guess they are dumping stock before the V10, or Light++, or whatever ZTE end up calling the next one comes along.

Thanks for the rom, I'll get around to uploading it soon. I've been really busy of late at work with the run up to launch of a new release so I've not really been around much so I've got a backlog of stock roms to build/upload :unsure:

I was at io2011 this week and I did ask around, none of the guys I spoke to have heard of ZTE devices, Im not sure what happened to the 'big push into the US' that ZTE talked about back at WMC... the Blade should of been out here by now, unless they are going to wait for the skate to start.... ZTE are very infuriating at times, the lack of communication/openness is something we come to expect from much larger organizations.

sane?

sane?

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X, Pulse, ZTE v9

The Blade and the Light are very similar. In fact the V9/Light kernel boots all the way on a Blade although the screen is very distorted.

The main differences seems to be screen driver and the touchscreen. I tried AHB overclocking by hexediting the kernel but it didn't boot so I suppose there may be some difference that doesn't cope with higher AHB bus it could also be me messing up in the hexeditor.

However I'm pretty sure we can expect overclocking at the same levels as the Blade but perhaps we will have to keep the AHB bus at normal levels.

The screen driver is included in the Blade source so the display works if you enable it. However the touchscreen included with the Blade source will need some work unless ZTE comes to their senses and gives us the source.

Have pinged Optus on release of the source, since they are equally required to deliver it, having distributed the ROM themselves. They're 'looking into it'. Will chase, etc., maybe they will be in a position to get more action out of ZTE...

Good to hear there's much read across. Makes me wonder if the v9+ and Skate will share the same inards, and the v9+ is supposed to support Flash with a 1Ghz processor .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users