Your VEGA is not Bricked nor Broken - This will fix it!

Guest Zebrahead

Guest rferrett

What I meant was say Paul, or the Corvus5 people had a totally wiped "as new" Virgin Vega.

They then, without putting any data or anything onto it install CWM, then install the custom ROM. So at this stage it it is modded, has CWM on but no personal data whatsoever.

Could we then from this "nandoid" create a NVFlashanble "virgin rom" (similar ot the official Advent ones) that instead of going through all the ballache a new user could just download, go into NVFlash and install?

Ralph

Guest Zebrahead
What I meant was say Paul, or the Corvus5 people had a totally wiped "as new" Virgin Vega.

They then, without putting any data or anything onto it install CWM, then install the custom ROM. So at this stage it it is modded, has CWM on but no personal data whatsoever.

Could we then from this "nandoid" create a NVFlashanble "virgin rom" (similar ot the official Advent ones) that instead of going through all the ballache a new user could just download, go into NVFlash and install?

Ralph

Oh! Ok, so you mean a stock installer that installs Corvus/r8/Cyanogen etc?

Yeah, that's simple - I'll throw that together tonight when I get 5 mins ^^

Zeb

• 1 month later...
Guest retaliatior

After 3 days trying it looks not possible for me to do this proces.

I have the VEGA-tablet with CM7 nightly installed.

The Clockwork recovery is installed.

I flashed VTL.Launcher and I only see a bootloop.

This is now for 3 days trying with the back-button 2 seconds, then the powerbutton 2 seconds, releasing power and after 2 seconds releasing power.

There is no way that I can further.

Is there something else I can try?

Guest Zebrahead

This is now for 3 days trying with the back-button 2 seconds, then the powerbutton 2 seconds, releasing power and after 2 seconds releasing power.

This solution is unlikely to work anyway, unless VTL flashes a different kernel, this won't fix it.

The most obvious (potential) reason for this is that VTL deletes the stock launcher and then installs itself. If your download was corrupt in some way, you may be left with no launcher.

There are a few ways to proceed.

1. Firstly, do you have the download link of VTL? If I can see what it does, I can try and see what went wrong and try and find a nice solution that doesn't involve losing data.

2. If you do not, then if it is the problem I said above, then you should still be able to drop into a shell. You could try entering the following into a terminal :

adb wait-for-device; adb install -r <A LAUNCHER APK THAT ISN'T VTL - THE STOCK ONE MAYBE?>

Enter that, plug your device in, and turn it on normally. That will try to install the other launcher providing the device can boot so far. This is a nice solution. If this works, your data will be preserved and everyone is happy :)

== (Try the above before these, these involve some description of "rolling back" your data) ==

3. Do you have a past CWM backup? If you do, you can restore that using one of the tools on my website (sig)

4. If you don't, then restoring stock is always an option ^^

Note : there's only so much I can do to help as I don't have the device any more! But I'll try my best ^^

Zeb

Guest Unipete

What exactly are you trying to do?? I assume you are trying to get into recovery to flash a stock ROM? If so, the Back-2s ecs-power-2 secs etc should work. Just keep trying as you won't see anything on the vega screen to indicate it is in nvidia recovery mode until; you run the rom.

If you're trying to do something else; I'm confused.

Guest retaliatior
This solution is unlikely to work anyway, unless VTL flashes a different kernel, this won't fix it.

The most obvious (potential) reason for this is that VTL deletes the stock launcher and then installs itself. If your download was corrupt in some way, you may be left with no launcher.

There are a few ways to proceed.

1. Firstly, do you have the download link of VTL? If I can see what it does, I can try and see what went wrong and try and find a nice solution that doesn't involve losing data.

2. If you do not, then if it is the problem I said above, then you should still be able to drop into a shell. You could try entering the following into a terminal :

adb wait-for-device; adb install -r <A LAUNCHER APK THAT ISN'T VTL - THE STOCK ONE MAYBE?>

Enter that, plug your device in, and turn it on normally. That will try to install the other launcher providing the device can boot so far. This is a nice solution. If this works, your data will be preserved and everyone is happy :)

== (Try the above before these, these involve some description of "rolling back" your data) ==

3. Do you have a past CWM backup? If you do, you can restore that using one of the tools on my website (sig)

4. If you don't, then restoring stock is always an option ^^

Note : there's only so much I can do to help as I don't have the device any more! But I'll try my best ^^

Zeb

Thanks for answering.

I'm getting the tablet in recovery now and installed the USB-button.

I thought my tablet must go back in the CW-recovery.

Now I try to get the rom back.

I put the sd-card in pc and the vega in recovery by pushing the back and power-buttons in the right order.

I started the bat.file in vegafixer.

The result of vegafixer is scrolling a lot of statements and after that I recieve an error.

Despite there is a bootloader.bin in the downloaded vegafixertools-directory, the error says missing bootloader.bin.

The only thing I can do in that script is entering to exit.

When I replace the bin-file to the directory of the bat-file thatproblem was solved. After that I received a message that imagefile was not found etc.

All files replaced in the directory of the bat-file and it worked.

Thanks a lot m8 B)

Edited by retaliatior

Guest retaliatior
What exactly are you trying to do?? I assume you are trying to get into recovery to flash a stock ROM? If so, the Back-2s ecs-power-2 secs etc should work. Just keep trying as you won't see anything on the vega screen to indicate it is in nvidia recovery mode until; you run the rom.

If you're trying to do something else; I'm confused.

Thanks a lot.

I was a little confused about the term recovery and recovery of Clockwork.

Edited by retaliatior

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gewin
Thanks a lot.

I was a little confused about the term recovery and recovery of Clockwork.

My first retore...

Actually I had the same problem where I had to copy all the img files and the bootloader from the tools directory to the Vegafixer directory so the superVegaRestore.bat could find them.

Now when I run Supervegarestore.bat it gets most of the way through bootloader, recovery, boot and then gives me the error the the "system.img is too large for partition"

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Skelly

Hi I'm new to the Vega and it's software (not android). My vega is stuck at that backlight and won't do anything and I'm relying on this tool to get me out of a sticky situation. After I've used this tool what do I do after it? Like what programs etc. should I be running and where can I get them?

The tool itself isn't letting me type in the directory of my backup though which is acting quite strange.

Guest Zebrahead
My first retore...

Actually I had the same problem where I had to copy all the img files and the bootloader from the tools directory to the Vegafixer directory so the superVegaRestore.bat could find them.

Now when I run Supervegarestore.bat it gets most of the way through bootloader, recovery, boot and then gives me the error the the "system.img is too large for partition"

Any help would be appreciated.

Reflash using nvflash (i.e. stock)

You've changed the size of /system (or you're trying to flash a modified system.img that doesn't fit). Reflashing stock will fix this.

Presumably you're trying to use this coming from one of the older VegaComb versions? /system was enlarged to fit the honeycomb /system

Zeb

Edited by Zebrahead

Guest Zebrahead
Hi I'm new to the Vega and it's software (not android). My vega is stuck at that backlight and won't do anything and I'm relying on this tool to get me out of a sticky situation. After I've used this tool what do I do after it? Like what programs etc. should I be running and where can I get them?

The tool itself isn't letting me type in the directory of my backup though which is acting quite strange.

You don't need to do anything after it. This just effectively flashes a clockwork backup without having to be in clockwork.

As for why it's not letting you type the directory? What do you mean? It's not being found? Is the directory mounted?

Zeb

• 3 months later...

I can't get this to work - doesn't seem to be able to see the USB Drive? I've tried running this both from C Drive and F Drive (The Memory Card itself - when plugged into a USB Reader)

F:\VegaFixer>tools\nvflash.exe --bct tools\H5PS1G83EFR-S6C_V24_0625.bct --setbct

--bl tools\bootloader.bin --configfile tools\flash.cfg --odmdata 0x0b0c0075 --c

reate --go

Nvflash started

USB device not foundPress enter to continue: