Dell Streak (1.9.0) Problems

Guest catsfive

Guest Spike8585
I have just done the following:

Downgraded from 1.9.0 to 1.5.1

Factory Data Reset, from UI (Settings)

Format SD card, from UI (Settings)

Upgraded to 1.9.0

And I still get the symptoms described in this thread.

From time to time, Streak becomes very slow, not responsive, unlock slider moves very slowly and freezes in the upper position.

The other thing I haven't seen described here is following:

I usually press on Power button, just to see what time it is and naturally press on it again almost right away to put it to sleep.

I have noticed that this procedure makes the Streak become not responsive, slow and I need to press on the power button a few times to make the screen turn off, etc.

If anyone has a solution please help! I'd really appreciate it!

Maybe I was supposed to use some other lower build, like 1.4.6 in order to get rid of PerfMod? How do I know if I still have it?

Any input on this problem is highly appreciated!

Thank you!

I have the same issue with my streak running super slow. My CPU runs at almost 100% when it starts to lock up.

I cannot yet find the process that is taking up all of my cpu resources.

Guest nanostreak
I have the same issue with my streak running super slow. My CPU runs at almost 100% when it starts to lock up.

Sample problems as in last posts. Glad I didn't go the reformat route. I also have a lot of spontaneous reboots (no lid issues, not in prior roms).

I'll wait for the next version. I do like that the menu buttons are off in the last roms, makes reading at night more pleasant.

I think 1.6 worked the best for me so far in terms of stability.

Guest JOBooth

2. The Lockscreen. THE LOCKSCREEN. It's driving me nuts...

I had the same problem on the official Dell 2.2 build 318 with the lock screen. Hasn't happened to me on Steve's 1.9 but then again it's only been two days...

Guest diskmuncher

I've been using 1.9.0 for about a month now...MUCH much better than 1.8.1.

I upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.9.0 without a factory reset, and all seemed to go well for about a week. But then, I started to get a crash of the phone app after about 15-20 minutes of being on the phone. MOST OFTEN, this occurred if I switched back and forth between speaker and handset, OR between bluetooth and handset. When I had a few calls crash while entirely and only on bluetooth, I decided to factory reset and try the upgrade to 1.9.0 again with the following options:

noapps

noswype

density180

us180 (prob same as density180 I know)

bios

gbkb

volnoppt

It's only been about 3 days since my factory reset/upgrade, and the problems are back with a vengeance. I had two calls yesterday crash within 5 minutes, and one today. Previously, a manual reboot would keep the problem at bay for a couple days, but this time the phone was rebooted 7 hours ago and still crashed the phone app. I don't SEEM to have the problem if I use the handset exclusively, but if I use the speaker or the bluetooth the phone app seems to crash. Once it crashes, I have about 5 minutes to end the call, or the call will be ended for me :-)

How/where can I create or find a debug log file?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeffery Lenz

Hello,

I had this issue for some time and the resolution i came to was to recalibrate my screen, issue went away 100%

I have more problems, but similar :

1. My Streak (which is my 2nd Streak and is brand new) randomly becomes unresponsive and lags ridiculously even though I have no apps installed. Sometimes this disappears on its own, at other times I have to remove the battery and restart.

2. The Lockscreen. THE LOCKSCREEN. It's driving me nuts. About 5 times a day, and I'm not exaggerating, at least 5 times a day the lockscreen slider becomes unresponsive. Turning the screen of and then on again and trying to slide the button across works sometimes ( usually 3 on-off button presses ). Sometimes it's futile. When it does unlock the phone is completely normal.

Using:

adwlauncher

bios

volboost

Also tried:

adwlauncher

bios

volboostnoppt

Troubleshooting:

I installed 1.9.0 after using QDL. So it was quite literally a fresh install. Despite this I have tried Factory Resetting and the problems do not go away.

Can we please have a nice working build like 1.6.1? :mellow:

Despite the complaining, many thanks Steve.

Guest Luxusxda

Same problem. The process is android system (in Watchdog). It has been happening in all of the builds I tried - most comonly after a call is dropped. The phone is super busy with something for a minute or two - then it goes back to normal. It happens with different dialers. Could be the phone app?

perfmod (was happening even before perfmod - it just took longer to finish)

noapps

Edited by Luxusxda

Guest catsfive

Can I ask a question? My Dell Streak won't "let go" of wifi when I leave the house. I have to pull the battery to get it going again. This is frustrating of course. Is there anything I can do? I am on 1.9.0, everything updated, etc... any ideas?

C5