[ROM] Android 2.2 For Racer Ready

Guest rickywyatt

Guest blatny93
Thanks, but I tried root explorer - no look - it also said 'read-only'. Super manager? I'll try that. But everything is perfect now - so no worries (except for this worry about root - is it possible that only bootimage was 'read-only?)

I mean I can 'su' and all that - so isn't it very odd? My boot image is now 'Quietly brilliant'!

I mean I can 'su' and all that - so isn't it very odd? My boot image is now 'Quietly brilliant'!

You could turn on USB debugging mode, plug Racer on USB port, from command prompt of your Windows (or from Terminal of your Linux :unsure:) type

adb shell mount

and examine the result. Maybe whole "partition" is in read-only mode? If /system is R/O and you need write access, you can remount it as R/W by:

adb remount

I don't know if I got your problems right?

i back i got my new racer today ;)

Great, now back to business :o :unsure:

I found interesting problem. If settings for WiFi static IP are filled and WiFi is turned on, phone does not connect to remembered network although it finds it. I have to select it and explicitly order connect. If static settings are not turned on, it is connected automatically. Is this bug or it suppose to work that way?

BTW, in the mean time while WiFi is turned on but before I order connect by hand, there is no icon in status bar :) Edge icon is removed, but WiFi icon is simply not there, it is an empty space :P

Guest blatny93
You could turn on USB debugging mode, plug Racer on USB port, from command prompt of your Windows (or from Terminal of your Linux :unsure:) type

adb shell mount

and examine the result. Maybe whole "partition" is in read-only mode? If /system is R/O and you need write access, you can remount it as R/W by:

adb remount

I don't know if I got your problems right?

Brilliant! Thanks mate, worked like a dream!

Guest blatny93

The command for swappiness, to answer my own question, and in case anyone doesn't know, is

echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Of course you set your own value - and there's a lot of debate whether swap is good or bad!?

Guest blatny93

And you know what? I've got Watchdog lite on my phone - guess what it's found to be over the 'threshold'? Watchdog Lite!!

Guest blatny93

And, finally, just a cautionary tale for anyone who upgrades with a new rom. I, at first, backed up both my own apps and sytem apps and data using titanium and tried to restore both - don't! I got 'android process error' - only restore your own apps!

Edited by blatny93

Guest blatny93

I set my swappiness at 30 and now it's working very smoothly - the point about swap is that it means that the system will hopefully not close down programs when ram is full. But at 80 it became very slow!

• 1 month later...
Guest mvimal09

i am not able to download it, as the link u provided for android2.2.zip is unavailable.., plz help:(

Edited by mvimal09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest PSpectrum62

Here Is My New Rom Android 2.2

==========================

ABOUT

======

This rom is using mutable zte roms to make just one rom for the ZTE Racer

i spent most of the day fixing meany bugs and adding my own mods from my last rom

this rom is using rexchun's boot.img witch fixes wifi and much more without him no one would that a 2.2 rom

so i say thanks to rexchun now...

WHATS DIFERENCE'S BETWEEN THIS ROM AND REXCHUN'S ROM

===========================================

* this rom is no longer based on the zte v852 witch means less bug's

* all icons are the rite size for are screen's

* rom is based on P729V Sweden V1.00.01

WHATS BE FIXED

=============

* fixed browser crash when we was using the zte v852 framework

* fixed slide to unlock so not showing gray when sliding

* fixed slide to answer slide bars are no in line with are screen

* Added google settings wizard so you can setup google on frist boot

* contacts backround and contacts inport form simcard

* Phone in call ui as been fixed by rexchun thanks

* radio works no 5 sec bug

BUGS

======

* One were you cant turn wifi tether on in settings

but if you use this then go here

and dwonload wifi_tether_v3_0-pre13.apk install then use that to turn on wifi tether

REMEMBER

========

* do a full wipe

DOWNLOAD

=========

here

this also has Lam1Q music fix

Thanks Lam1Q

UPDATES

=======

YOU WILL HAVE TO DO A FACTORY WIPE

* Added sound fix for vol