126 replies to this topic

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

Hi. Been trying for many many hours to get adb working. No success. Your app said correct drivers where installed but still nothing on adb showing.
what did it in the end was to install a new version of the sdk. I had an old version from a year ago. You may want to add this in your app. Thanks!

Did you try "Just do it"? This should automatically install the latest drivers.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

Bobby Elliott

Bobby Elliott

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

When you selected USB debugging, did you turn USB storage on? If so, don't!

No. USB debugging only. Just will not recognise ADB on my device.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
And you're not in USB host mode?

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

beegee1962

beegee1962

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:HTC phones, Android, Japan, Softbank, Android tablets
  • Devices:HTC Desire, Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G
Fly up to first page again. This needs to be sticky!

Paul, please change your policy regarding stickies!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Morning all. I've added an update which adds support for XP and 64 bit Windows.

The indicator which shows what mode you are in and what drivers are loaded is sometimes misbehaving so if you want to install the drivers, just go ahead if it's lying to you.

I will fix this but won't release the fix in this thread. I'm in discussion with another developer about handing my code over for AUDI to have a new home. It should be an exciting announcement. Reason is I simply can't give this the time it deserves but still want to meet the goal of helping noobs and attempt to eliminate the "can't get the drivers working" threads.

Cheers...

Simon

Edited by simonta, 14 May 2011 - 07:35 AM.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Version 0.8.1 released, fixes a problem with "path not found" error on AMD64 PCs.

johnshearing

johnshearing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for this application - very useful and saved me a lot of time/reading/frustration!

John.

buff69

buff69

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:htc
hello great tool BUT i have a green indicator but when i try to down load a new rom corvus5 or mc8 all i keep getting is daemon not running daemon started port 5037 and this goes on and on and on im on xp32bit laptop with firewall off please help ive been on this all weekend

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

hello great tool BUT i have a green indicator but when i try to down load a new rom corvus5 or mc8 all i keep getting is daemon not running daemon started port 5037 and this goes on and on and on im on xp32bit laptop with firewall off please help ive been on this all weekend

Reboot both your Vega and the PC. Do a proper reboot on the Vega, not just a quick power off which just puts it into standby.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thanks for this application - very useful and saved me a lot of time/reading/frustration!

John.

A pleasure. Glad it worked for you.

buff69

buff69

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
hello done what you said rebooted both but it is still doing the same any thing else i can do thanks

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
I've seen this before and it's a pain. Some flakiness in ADB I haven't been able to figure out.

1. Do you have antivirus and/or other rmalware scanners? Try turning them off.
2. Run these commands

adb kill-server
adb kill-server

<open task manager and kill adb.exe (or adb-windows.exe)>

adb start-server

2. Do you know what the Android SDK is? If so, make sure you are using the Modaco drivers and not the SDK ones.
3. Please send a screenie of your device manager showing the ADB driver. It's at the top, Android Phone, click to open then screenshot.

BTW, if you don't log on to XP as an adminstrator, a: congratulations, you're one of the few b: log on as administrator and try again.

Edited by simonta, 15 May 2011 - 08:39 PM.

Diveokidoki

Diveokidoki

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, SF on Giffgaff
Hi Simon,

I appriciate your work and effort, but my laptop does'nt as the things just dont apear on the screen, or it works better for me seeing some one doing it rather then reading it. I hope that day in june gets of the ground as i see that more beneficial.
cheers,
Jeff

ggremlin

ggremlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Vega
Awesome worked first time :unsure: - thank you so much, had spent ages trying to install the drivers!

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Awesome worked first time :) - thank you so much, had spent ages trying to install the drivers!

Cool. Enjoy your new Vega :unsure:

buff69

buff69

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Thinking about it when i first opend the program it didnt download anything(devcon?) Could that bbe my problem

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thinking about it when i first opend the program it didnt download anything(devcon?) Could that bbe my problem

No.

If you can wait a few days, I'll be putting up a new version which creates a log file, that should be able to let me figure out remotely what's going on. If you can't wait, then run AUDI and click delete all Vega drivers. Then click install correct driver.

Alternatively, I could remote connect to your PC and do it for you if you want me to.

buff69

buff69

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
That would be great but i have borrowed me mums laptop and going to give it a go if i have no luck then yes please connect to my laptop and perhaps you can see whats going on i will let you know thanks

buff69

buff69

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
all done now i notice that when using firefox the zip unloading was very quick but i have just used winzip on my mums laptop it was a lot slower but it all has worked it looks like that before the zip files was not unzipping correctly?

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

all done now i notice that when using firefox the zip unloading was very quick but i have just used winzip on my mums laptop it was a lot slower but it all has worked it looks like that before the zip files was not unzipping correctly?

Ah, that would do it!

Glad it's all working for you. Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users