• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

RockVacirca

RockVacirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega

Vega connected before you use AUDI. USB Debugging (not USB storage) on to use ADB and recovery mode to install stock ROM or use other flash installs. The installation instructions for each ROM or update will tell you which one you need.

Thanks for the prompt response. Just so I'm clear:

1. Power on Vega, and then set USB Debugging to ON
2. Power off the Vega
3. Bring the Vega up into Recovery Mode by the use of the Back and Home buttons procedure
4. Connect the Vega to the PC via the USB cable. (or should this be before step 3?)
5. Ignore all messages from the Windows OS about Found New Hardware and drivers etc.
6. Launch AUDI

Is that it?

Rock

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

Thanks for the prompt response. Just so I'm clear:

1. Power on Vega, and then set USB Debugging to ON
2. Power off the Vega
3. Bring the Vega up into Recovery Mode by the use of the Back and Home buttons procedure
4. Connect the Vega to the PC via the USB cable. (or should this be before step 3?)
5. Ignore all messages from the Windows OS about Found New Hardware and drivers etc.
6. Launch AUDI

Is that it?

Rock

Hi Rock

No need to turn on USB debugging if you are going to recovery. USB Debugging is an Android function and Android is not running when you go to recovery.

1. Plug Vega in.
2. Run AUDI
3. Put Vega into recovery.
4. Use AUDI to install drivers.

That's it!

Cheers

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

technomaniac

technomaniac

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, Hannspree hannspad
Hi,
I can not download the file from dropbox, does anyone have a mirror please?

Cheers Tehno

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Hi,
I can not download the file from dropbox, does anyone have a mirror please?

Cheers Tehno

Megaupload link added to OP.

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

paulgas

paulgas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Neo Edge Omnipad
i got also the same problem man :)

sratty1

sratty1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Many thanks for this im a newbie that was struggling to ad a new rom but your Audi installer helped me loads and im using windows 7 64bit
many thanks Sean

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

i got also the same problem man :)

What problem? Can't download from Dropbox? If so, what's going wrong?

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

What problem? Can't download from Dropbox? If so, what's going wrong?

You're welcome Sean.

technomaniac

technomaniac

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, Hannspree hannspad

Megaupload link added to OP.

thankyou :)

X1Jas

X1Jas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Looks like a great tool Simonta, but I have a problem... When I click 'Just Do It', it begins searching for drivers for hours! I have tried 3 times now, giving up after about an hour each time. It finds drivers, and I click 'install anyway' at the 'not verified' message - this happens about 4 times over the course of an hour, but it still keeps going.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Jason

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Looks like a great tool Simonta, but I have a problem... When I click 'Just Do It', it begins searching for drivers for hours! I have tried 3 times now, giving up after about an hour each time. It finds drivers, and I click 'install anyway' at the 'not verified' message - this happens about 4 times over the course of an hour, but it still keeps going.

Any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Jason

Hi Jason. Sorry to hear about this. Try browsing for the drivers manually and then select the Drivers folder where you unzipped AUDI to.

If you would be so kind, what operating system are you using and how big is your hard drive? I also suggest that you run a disk check. This might be a symptom of a failing hard drive. Don't want to worry you but better safe than sorry.

If nothing works for you, try searching for YAUDIG which is a tutorial explaining how to do what AUDI does manually.

Last resort. I can connect to your PC and do it for you. I've done this successfully for several folks on here already.

Cheers

X1Jas

X1Jas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Jason. Sorry to hear about this. Try browsing for the drivers manually and then select the Drivers folder where you unzipped AUDI to.

If you would be so kind, what operating system are you using and how big is your hard drive? I also suggest that you run a disk check. This might be a symptom of a failing hard drive. Don't want to worry you but better safe than sorry.

If nothing works for you, try searching for YAUDIG which is a tutorial explaining how to do what AUDI does manually.

Last resort. I can connect to your PC and do it for you. I've done this successfully for several folks on here already.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply Simonta, appreciate it.

I'm running Windows 7 32-Bit, 500Gb HD with about 30% free. I'll try selecting the drivers folder manually when I get home from work, I should really have tried that before posting. I should just be able to point it to the folder, rather than a specific driver, right? I'm new to the Vega (for my birthday yesterday!), and I'm going to install the Corvus ROM.

Cheers for your help.

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Thanks for the quick reply Simonta, appreciate it.

I'm running Windows 7 32-Bit, 500Gb HD with about 30% free. I'll try selecting the drivers folder manually when I get home from work, I should really have tried that before posting. I should just be able to point it to the folder, rather than a specific driver, right? I'm new to the Vega (for my birthday yesterday!), and I'm going to install the Corvus ROM.

Cheers for your help.

Yep, just select the folder. AUDI will search the folder and any subfolders for INF files (these are the installation scripts) that match the Vega. Just make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on before you begin.

Good luck.

X1Jas

X1Jas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yep, just select the folder. AUDI will search the folder and any subfolders for INF files (these are the installation scripts) that match the Vega. Just make sure that you have USB Debugging turned on before you begin.

Good luck.

It worked perfectly, thanks man! Probably my computer's fault that it took ages to find the driver's when left to it's own devices. Had my first new ROM installed in about 6 minutes in total thanks to you, you're my hero! :blink:

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind.

dailyunnamed

dailyunnamed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, would anyone be able to help me please? I''m trying to use AUDI to install the ADB drivers on to my PC (Win XP 32-bit) but whenever I follow the instructions, it just won't install the drivers. I'm getting an error message which I've attached.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I think i've followed the instructions properly, e.g. Vega is in USB Debugging, removed existing drivers, and so on... but there again I haven't flashed a Vega before, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by dailyunnamed, 01 August 2011 - 08:52 PM.

dailyunnamed

dailyunnamed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, looks like I managed to sort it - I gave up on this last night, but just found a post, which I followed and now i'm getting the green light from AUDI :)

Basically, I used found the .inf file from the drivers folder when windows hardware wizard asked for a driver - in case this helps anyone else.

Hi, would anyone be able to help me please? I''m trying to use AUDI to install the ADB drivers on to my PC (Win XP 32-bit) but whenever I follow the instructions, it just won't install the drivers. I'm getting an error message which I've attached.

I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, I think i've followed the instructions properly, e.g. Vega is in USB Debugging, removed existing drivers, and so on... but there again I haven't flashed a Vega before, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks!

akes

akes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
Yes!! Fixed my driver problem - I used the Restore point (just in case). Many thanks

davemazo

davemazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HTC Sensation
Still having major problems here. I`ve tried a dozen times or more to install drivers and I`m not getting anywhere.

I`ve just bought a second hand Vega with Modaco R8 ROM installed but I fancy Vegacomb. I`ve installed numerous ROMs on my HTC Touch HD and Touch Diamond so thought I can manage this but how wrong could I be.

I`m running Windows 7 64bit on my PC and run AUDI as administrator just in case and follow the instructions to the letter. The only bit I`m confused about is the USB storage bit. Nowhere do I get an option to turn this on or off so have no idea whether this is on. I tried to install drivers anyway but I just get the red warning to say that no USB drivers are installed no matter how long I wait

I`m starting to wonder whether the USB socket is faulty because when I plug it into my PC only occasionally is the Vega picked up and it asks for drivers. When I plug a USB stick into the Vega I can`t see the files on it and nothing happens.

You may have gathered I`m new to Android and know very little about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated and might even prevent this Vega from being drop kicked into the nearest skip

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Still having major problems here. I`ve tried a dozen times or more to install drivers and I`m not getting anywhere.

I`ve just bought a second hand Vega with Modaco R8 ROM installed but I fancy Vegacomb. I`ve installed numerous ROMs on my HTC Touch HD and Touch Diamond so thought I can manage this but how wrong could I be.

I`m running Windows 7 64bit on my PC and run AUDI as administrator just in case and follow the instructions to the letter. The only bit I`m confused about is the USB storage bit. Nowhere do I get an option to turn this on or off so have no idea whether this is on. I tried to install drivers anyway but I just get the red warning to say that no USB drivers are installed no matter how long I wait

I`m starting to wonder whether the USB socket is faulty because when I plug it into my PC only occasionally is the Vega picked up and it asks for drivers. When I plug a USB stick into the Vega I can`t see the files on it and nothing happens.

You may have gathered I`m new to Android and know very little about it.

Any help is greatly appreciated and might even prevent this Vega from being drop kicked into the nearest skip

You wouldn't be the first, or the last, to have a dodgy cable. Have you got another you could try?

You didn't mention if you are trying to use recovery (back-power-back) or ADB? What are you trying to do? Search for YAUDIG for some simple explanations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users