• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

davemazo

davemazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega, HTC Sensation
Thanks Simon. I think I have another cable somewhere just got to find it. I tried recovery and with the Vega fully booted but without success. I`ve just found an item in my apps folder called "Recovery" so I tapped this, the Vega I presume rebooted into recovery mode and the PC made that "bum bum" noise when it finds new hardware. It then displayed "USB driver for Tegra device installed" or words to that effect but couldn`t find a driver for "USB mass storage device"

If ADB means running AUDI while Android is fully booted then yes I`ve tried that.

I`m still confused about turning on the USB storage bit, like I said I can`t find any reference to that on the Vega

simonta

simonta

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Devices:Vega. HTC Desire

Thanks Simon. I think I have another cable somewhere just got to find it. I tried recovery and with the Vega fully booted but without success. I`ve just found an item in my apps folder called "Recovery" so I tapped this, the Vega I presume rebooted into recovery mode and the PC made that "bum bum" noise when it finds new hardware. It then displayed "USB driver for Tegra device installed" or words to that effect but couldn`t find a driver for "USB mass storage device"

If ADB means running AUDI while Android is fully booted then yes I`ve tried that.

I`m still confused about turning on the USB storage bit, like I said I can`t find any reference to that on the Vega

The recovery app is something different again. Forget about it for now, it's of no use to you. Forget about USB storage for now as well.

First thing to understand is that to install the Advent stock ROM (to go back to factory - download from myadventvega) or to install the "modded stock ROM" to prepare for Vegacomb (Honeycomb on the Vega), you must put the Vega into recovery which can ONLY be accomplished by following the instructions on myadventvega. Main thing to remember is that the Vega will show nothing, not even the backlight, in recovery. As a beginner, the only way you'll know if you've got it in recovery is to watch in device manager for a device appearing.

The other use of USB is for the "Android Debug Bridge" - ADB - which is used to install all kinds of other things. The installation instructions for whatever it is you're trying to do will specify which mode you need to be in.

What are you trying to do?

If I've helped you, you want to say "thanks" and you do not use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. You'll get 2GB of disk space for files available anywhere, any time on any device. They give us both an extra 250MB if you do sign up!

Apple? I'd rather eat my own kidneys!

davemazo

davemazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

What are you trying to do?

I just want to install vegacomb.

I`ve tried a different cable and it makes no difference.

I`ve looked at several sites and watched a couple of Youtube videos that explain how to do it and they all make it seem so easy to install USB drivers but I can`t get past that first hurdle.

I watched a Youtube video that showed turning on USB debugging and this showed a USB icon and an Android icon appearing at the top of the screen and the message "USB debugging enabled". I don`t get this which is making me think something is faulty with the Vega

I can get into recovery using the 2 buttons, APX appears in "other devices" in device manager

Edited by davemazo, 22 September 2011 - 07:34 PM.

davemazo

davemazo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Finally managed to get it sorted. I found a "how to" on Tabletroms here which worked.

Thanks for your help and patience

You have probably gathered that my knowledge is limited so I can`t contribute much to the forum but if I can I will. In the meantime I have donated to the forum to show my thanks

Edited by davemazo, 23 September 2011 - 09:33 PM.

add.thebad

add.thebad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Android and disliking apple
  • Devices:Motorola Defy (+ Pulse)
  • Twitter:@adam.gypo
just re instsalled windows.
this worked perfectly, saved me alot of time, thanks!

Cheers Adam

Watch my defy go for a swim!!

Moto Defy CM7 :o :o :D Advent vega 2.4
T-Mobile pulse CM6
Posted Image

bennji.boy

bennji.boy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@bennji1