[GEN1][GEN2]Partition Layout Tool, windows only

Guest ricardopvz

Guest ricardopvz

Hi everyone!

When i first made a partition layout (this one), it came to be a little difficult (i have almost no experience in hex editing),so i decided to make a windows program so anyone could make their one partition layout.

Screenshots: Sem%20Título2.jpgSem%20Título3.jpgSem%20Título.jpg

This program creates the "partition_zte.mbn" and "appsboot.mbn".

GEN1

Follow the guide here and use the files you created.

Warning: I don't have a gen1 blade, so I couldn't test this, but it should work.

GEN2

Put the files you created in "files" folder in this zip and follow the guide here

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ma18idbscsmojqn

md5: fb74aa28795192226717225eeedc80ac

If you have any problems or suggestions, just tell me :)

Edited by ricardopvz

Guest fonix232

Just a suggestion, make it general!

So, read (and modify) files from a subfolder, that will make it easier to use (for Gen1 users too).

Blooming heck! You work quickly! You only mentioned making a program yesterday and the results are here already! fantastic work and very very useful indeed. Proof that there is a good community here.

Thank you very much.

Guest unrandomsam
Just a suggestion, make it general!

So, read (and modify) files from a subfolder, that will make it easier to use (for Gen1 users too).

Forget gen1

Guest tcpaulh
I will not convert my phone to Gen2 until it is official in Hungary. Why? Because then I lose warranty IRREVERSIBLE.

I give it a week till someone beats the imei prob

Hi everyone!

When i first made a partition layout (this one), it came to be a little difficult (i have almost no experience in hex editing),so i decided to make a windows program so anyone could make their one partition layout.

Screenshot: Sem%20Título.jpg

This program creates the "partition_zte.mbn" and "appsboot.mbn", put them in "files" folder in this zip and follow the instructions starting in step 3 here

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?ajocgnl65mul7w8

md5: f4bc545d738698ea699b3b336c5fa43d

If you have any problems or suggestions, just tell me :)

Just wondering... when you load the app initially, the default memory layout adds up to 440mb with 0mb of unallocated space. However, if you adjust the Cache slider up by 1mb and then back down by 1mb again it then says there is 1mb of unallocated space available. this would mean that there is actually a total of 441mb available. So does this mean that in any further adjustments, the user should leave 1mb of space unallocated? Or is something reporting wrong? Obviously, if there is not enough space to contain the layout, the update could potentially fail so I just wanted to be clear.

Thank you in advance for your advice Ricardo

Edited by Guest

Guest ricardopvz
Just wondering... when you load the app initially, the default memory layout adds up to 440mb with 0mb of unallocated space. However, if you adjust the Cache slider up by 1mb and then back down by 1mb again it then says there is 1mb of unallocated space available. this would mean that there is actually a total of 441mb available. So does this mean that in any further adjustments, the user should leave 1mb of space unallocated? Or is something reporting wrong? Obviously, if there is not enough space to contain the layout, the update could potentially fail so I just wanted to be clear.

Thank you in advance for your advice Ricardo

Thanks for your finding, it is a bug in the program, that happens with any slider.

Fixed now.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ricardopvz,

Neat little App, not personally tried this myself yet as I am still on Gen1... and I have two family members who are also on Gen1. We dont believe in migrating yet to Gen2 until it becomes more mainstream and that support for Gen1 completely drys up... at the moment, there appears to be more happening for Gen1 devices.

Therefor, as someone else also suggested, whats the chances in making this work for both Gen1 and Gen2 users...??

Many thanks, great tool... :)

Lister

Guest ricardopvz
Hi ricardopvz,

Neat little App, not personally tried this myself yet as I am still on Gen1... and I have two family members who are also on Gen1. We dont believe in migrating yet to Gen2 until it becomes more mainstream and that support for Gen1 completely drys up... at the moment, there appears to be more happening for Gen1 devices.

Therefor, as someone else also suggested, whats the chances in making this work for both Gen1 and Gen2 users...??

Many thanks, great tool... :)

Lister

OK. I'll add gen1 support tomorrow. :)

Guest hecatae
It's a new partition added in gen2 blades, but it isn't used for nothing (at least in the current roms).

softbank stock rom uses oem partition for camera photos if no sd card present

softbank stock rom uses oem partition for camera photos if no sd card present

I used this today and reflashed my phone without a hitch... I set the data partition to 268mb, however Titanium backup is saying I now have 280mb total in data. Is there any way I can check that I got the layout I wanted? Is there an app or something that will report how the memory is divided up?

Thanks in advance.

Guest ricardopvz
I used this today and reflashed my phone without a hitch... I set the data partition to 268mb, however Titanium backup is saying I now have 280mb total in data. Is there any way I can check that I got the layout I wanted? Is there an app or something that will report how the memory is divided up?

Thanks in advance.

Go to the terminal and type "cat /proc/mtd" (without quotes)

take the first 4 numbers or letters, convert them from hex to decimal, divide by 16 and you have the total space in a partition.