72 replies to this topic

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 & i920
Well, I'll try those suggestions too. I do recall something for the i910 (which I'll have to flash to OEM to double check)

HKLM->Security->Phone->Skin->Samsung Somewhere here I remember something saying enabled (0 or 1) which allowed me to switch between stock WinMo and Samsung)

With this, there was no need to do it time after time, it just stayed that way until you wanted to mod... I know it's not as hopeful but I might as well try just to narrow down possibilities or rule it out!

Also, X, your script did not work for me, saved as: mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml in unicode (ansi work better?) in windows folder. attempted with soft reset as well as fresh boot up.

ONE LAST THING: Should the script datatype be integer? just curious... I don't know a whole lot but would it be Dword or something like that?

<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Keypad">
<parm name="SENDKeyEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Edited by nickmo20, 23 April 2011 - 06:56 AM.

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Get your X Button Back! Check out the first post.

X

MY HERO

thanks again.... again! :)

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Well, I'll try those suggestions too. I do recall something for the i910 (which I'll have to flash to OEM to double check)

HKLM->Security->Phone->Skin->Samsung Somewhere here I remember something saying enabled (0 or 1) which allowed me to switch between stock WinMo and Samsung)

With this, there was no need to do it time after time, it just stayed that way until you wanted to mod... I know it's not as hopeful but I might as well try just to narrow down possibilities or rule it out!

Also, X, your script did not work for me, saved as: mxipinit_startmenu_001.provxml in unicode (ansi work better?) in windows folder. attempted with soft reset as well as fresh boot up.
ONE LAST THING: Should the script datatype be integer? just curious... I don't know a whole lot but would it be Dword or something like that?
<wap-provisioningdoc>
<characteristic type="Registry">
<characteristic type="HKLM\System\State\Samsung\Keypad">
<parm name="SENDKeyEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer" />
</characteristic>
</characteristic>
</wap-provisioningdoc>

Find 'datatype=' in 'C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml':
C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(4): <parm name="Skin" value="\windows\xlwxTheme.tsk" datatype="string"/>
C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(5): <parm name="UseStartImage" value="1" datatype="integer"/>
C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(6): <parm name="DPI" value="192" datatype="integer"/>
C:\Users\xlwx\Desktop\i920Kit\X\OEM\zzz_XLWX_Theme\mxipcold_zzzgreenACRE_100.provxml(7): <parm name="MultiColorThemeEnabled" value="1" datatype="integer"/>

It seems that it should work like that in .provxml :)

Maybe it has to be cooked in since it's changing the system settings. I'll keep messing with it.

And then again maybe the provxml gets loaded prior to the Samsung HardKey disabler check.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 23 April 2011 - 01:42 PM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Updated Release on First Post.

Hardware Send Key = Enabled
X Button = Enabled
XMenu = Updated Menu Lists
Mortscript = Added

All Executables are now compressed from SYS and OEM that are not recmodded.

Something that I found interesting is that Mortscript comes UPX'd already. Wonder how many people knew that. :)

Enjoy,

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Updated Release on First Post.

Hardware Send Key = Enabled
X Button = Enabled
XMenu = Updated Menu Lists
Mortscript = Added

All Executables are now compressed from SYS and OEM that are not recmodded.

Something that I found interesting is that Mortscript comes UPX'd already. Wonder how many people knew that. :)

Enjoy,

X

OH MAN! You beat me to it! I CANNOT WAIT to DL this! I'll have to back up my stuff I just loaded from a couple days ago, but I'm stoked to say the least! And about as eager as a fat kid hittin' up a candy store!

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I'm stoked to say the least! And about as eager as a fat kid hittin' up a candy store!

Guess it is good that it is Easter then. :)

X

Posted Image

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
TO ANYONE CONSIDERING FLASHING TO THIS ROM: DON'T HESITATE! Probably one of the best (if not the best) customizable ROMs for the i920! Slap on any UI, any apps, any games, load it up and still be pleased with speed, reliability, and functionality!

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I changed the theme (the black theme makes some emails hard to read) and now my bottom bar is kind of distorted and stuff. Just downloaded and flashed today... Any ideas?

I'd post a screenshot, but my usual method (Mobiler) doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

I changed the theme (the black theme makes some emails hard to read) and now my bottom bar is kind of distorted and stuff. Just downloaded and flashed today... Any ideas?

I'd post a screenshot, but my usual method (Mobiler) doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Is activesync working properly? Usually after a fresh boot, I have to close MyMobiler before setting up activesync, set it up for computer use, then open mymobiler which then should automatically install... I've flashed this phone maybe 50 times so far (since feb '11) and it works for me (XP-32 bit)

nvrmind

nvrmind

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Closing Mobiler and reopening seemed to fix that problem, thanks... I don't use it much, just for screenshots usually. Here's the screenshot...

Attached Files

arrowana

arrowana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II - i920

Thanks

I got the same problem. :)

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

I got the same problem. :)

Updated Link on First Post.

It's a PNG Compression Issue.
Recooked ROM, ran direct PNGOUT via console, instead of third party app running PNGOUT.

It still has some graphical oddities, but theming seems to work. Also, I shrunk the system 4 more MB using the new utilities!

X

Edited by xlightwaverx, 27 April 2011 - 02:58 AM.

Posted Image

bigbuni

bigbuni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920
Just a quick Q? Can titanium be installed post flash? I have always enjoyed it and kind of miss it in this wonderful ROM (X this is by far the best rom i have ever come across, and I have been flashing since i originally had my i910 about 3 years ago). All the searching I have done says it has to be part of the rom. just curious. I am currently using SPBMS and that is great, so no biggie if i cant.
Thanks,
B

P.S. is cooking a rom for these phones easy? tried with the i910back in the day and was able to produce one that would boot to the splash screen then freeze, so i gave up. I would love to try on the i920, just curious if it is any easier.

arrowana

arrowana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA II - i920

Updated Link on First Post.

It's a PNG Compression Issue.
Recooked ROM, ran direct PNGOUT via console, instead of third party app running PNGOUT.

It still has some graphical oddities, but theming seems to work. Also, I shrunk the system 4 more MB using the new utilities!

X

Thank you!

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920

Just a quick Q? Can titanium be installed post flash? I have always enjoyed it and kind of miss it in this wonderful ROM (X this is by far the best rom i have ever come across, and I have been flashing since i originally had my i910 about 3 years ago). All the searching I have done says it has to be part of the rom. just curious. I am currently using SPBMS and that is great, so no biggie if i cant.
Thanks,
B

P.S. is cooking a rom for these phones easy? tried with the i910back in the day and was able to produce one that would boot to the splash screen then freeze, so i gave up. I would love to try on the i920, just curious if it is any easier.

Hi Bigbunni,

I'm thinking of flashing this ROM and I also use Mobile Shell. What is your experience using MS with this ROM? Thanks.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Hi Bigbunni,

I'm thinking of flashing this ROM and I also use Mobile Shell. What is your experience using MS with this ROM? Thanks.

wicked quick ROM. SPB MS has NO issues. after intalling a boat load of apps, with spb i still have 80+mb RAM available, and it runs smooth. If installing a WP7 or android/sense skin, it till has 65+mb RAM. that is MORE THAN ENOUGH for Ferrari Evo GT or any power/ram hungry apps!

AS FOR THEMES

I just installed m.carroll's Glossblack theme and have no issues with anything whatsoever.

AS FAR AS TEXTING

Some of you may notice that XT9 tries to guess words as well as swype... this is fixable through registry (if you have a reg editor) so that you can stop both sets of word panels from popping up (if it annoys you)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Control Panel->SIP->

SuggAutoCorr: change to 0
SuggChars: change to 0
SuggSpell: change to 0
SuggWords: change to 0 (typically it will be 0-4 for how many next words you'd like it to predict)

natedawg1013

natedawg1013

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Omnia2 i920

wicked quick ROM. SPB MS has NO issues. after intalling a boat load of apps, with spb i still have 80+mb RAM available, and it runs smooth. If installing a WP7 or android/sense skin, it till has 65+mb RAM. that is MORE THAN ENOUGH for Ferrari Evo GT or any power/ram hungry apps!
AS FOR THEMES

I just installed m.carroll's Glossblack theme and have no issues with anything whatsoever.
AS FAR AS TEXTING

Some of you may notice that XT9 tries to guess words as well as swype... this is fixable through registry (if you have a reg editor) so that you can stop both sets of word panels from popping up (if it annoys you)

SuggWords: change to 0 (typically it will be 0-4 for how many next words you'd like it to predict)

You can also turn it off through Settings > System (Advanced Tab) > Input Method Options > Word Completion and just uncheck "Suggest words when entering text".

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

AS FOR THEMES

AS FAR AS TEXTING

Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot. I use SPB MS along with DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I'm currently using Lightweaver's X920 All-In-One v1.0 without Sense and MS loads in with about 43Mb available.

Edited by dgyahn, 27 April 2011 - 09:27 PM.

Edmund Burke

natedawg1013

natedawg1013

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Omnia2 i920

Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot. I use SPB MS along with DROID PRO+ 3.0 by DOC3000 & MSKIP. I'm currently using Lightweaver's X920 All-In-One v1.0 without Sense and MS loads out with about 43Mb available.

That's weird. I'm using his X920 All-In-One 2.0 Pre-Release and I'm getting ~65MB free at boot. And that's with Sense.

Edit:

Whoops; just realized you said with SPB MS. Must have been tired when I read that. That sounds about right, then.

Edited by natedawg1013, 02 May 2011 - 01:26 AM.

dgyahn

dgyahn

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

That's weird. I'm using his X920 All-In-One 2.0 Pre-Release and I'm getting ~65MB free at boot. And that's with Sense.

The 43Mb is after a day of use. Original load-in with MS/Droid+ active is 73Mb at boot and idle. Loading all the MS icons from my 6 screens immediately drops RAM by 10Mb. Seems to settle in after an hour or so at 60Mb available. MS still runs smooth though with only an occasional lag. When I was only using Titanium as my UI my boot at idle was over 90Mb. Even after a day of use I was still over 80Mb available RAM and that's outstanding. MS is a RAM hog, that's the price you pay for eye candy. Take a look at the BattClock readings below for Titanium vs. SPB Mobile Shell. These are after a day of use with Lightweaver's X920 All-in-One v1.0 without Sense.

UPDATE: I have reconfigured my SBP MS/Droid+ and now boot to 90mb free with mobile shell running. After a day of use it settles in at about 79mb. That's excellent.

Attached Files

Edited by dgyahn, 07 June 2011 - 07:22 PM.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users