Honeycomb Theme for Corvus Rom

Guest partner2

Guest rferrett

So any advice on kick ass Widgets? Launcher pro which I used before going for this theme had a couple of ace twitter and Facebook widgets

Guest rubbery
So any advice on kick ass Widgets? Launcher pro which I used before going for this theme had a couple of ace twitter and Facebook widgets

Colorize widgets has some similar widgets to launcher pro and is free

Guest partner2

I flashed the nook "as it" and it worked, and seemed fully functional. I was trying to merge with our framewwork-res.

By the way, i am not sure about releasig that mod as we don't have sources. At least I don't have it.

At a guess, you've done this with a change to framework.jar? Be careful with this if that is the case, and do a Dalvik wipe after you push the replacement (it will probably rebuild Dalvik after a reboot anyway). Replacing the framework.jar modifies the very core of the way that Android displays, so be sure it's working correctly and always back up first! :)

I#ll be interested to see this if it's working, did you just grab the framework.jar from the Nook mod, or have you rebuilt it with apktool?

newbe5

Guest BlackCat^
I flashed the nook "as it" and it worked, and seemed fully functional. I was trying to merge with our framewwork-res.

By the way, i am not sure about releasig that mod as we don't have sources. At least I don't have it.

If you arent going to release this would it be possible to give instructions and links on how to do this? Getting the status bar on the bottom like CM7 would really convert me over to this ROM.

Guest newbe5

Not having sources isnt an issue, I don't have them for a lot of the stuff I've used :) I'm definately interested in trying this though, and seeing how well it works with Corvus5 :)

Guest partner2

I have it (more or less) working. I'm only getting a error when opening some applicationes (you must suply a layout_width attribute).

Not having sources isnt an issue, I don't have them for a lot of the stuff I've used :) I'm definately interested in trying this though, and seeing how well it works with Corvus5 :)

Guest ViPaSoft

Using this theme shouldn't stop you re-installing Launcher Pro and getting your 'kick-ass' widgets back.

Guest premieral
I have installed theme but cannot get the status bar from the right side to the bottom as in your screenshots how did you do this?

i think you mean the dock , this is by using a different launcher to the stock one, in this case it is using vtl launcher which if you do a search here you will find the link to it, it is very good it has a ios type dock bar along the bottom so does away really with the need for more than one screen , hope this helps :)

Guest ukstrider
i think you mean the dock , this is by using a different launcher to the stock one, in this case it is using vtl launcher which if you do a search here you will find the link to it, it is very good it has a ios type dock bar along the bottom so does away really with the need for more than one screen , hope this helps :)

Sorry for being such a noob but but how do I select which launcher to use can I only choose when I first download

Guest premieral
Sorry for being such a noob but but how do I select which launcher to use can I only choose when I first download

If you go to settings / applications/manage applications / select all tab then go to the default launcher then clear default settings,

when you come out of settings and go to homescreen it should ask you which launcher you want to use. If you don't want to keep choosing every time you go home then tick the always use this option box

Guest bladesmanforlife

Hi Newbie here,

I have the Corvus ROM installed and all is good.

Installed your zip file and thought everything was ok, installed VTL but your theme does not show up in the list of the themes (just the default).

Also i know its not worked correctly because its not wiped my gmail settings - what can a thick newbie be doing wrong please?

BM

Guest rnotenboom

hello,

can anyone help me out? i want to install the honeycomb theme but how? can anyone typ a little how to here?

thankyou very much!

Guest premieral
hello,

can anyone help me out? i want to install the honeycomb theme but how? can anyone typ a little how to here?

thankyou very much!

I answered this on the other thread you asked it in

Guest partner2

Updated first post. There was an error in the update script that produced Music and DownloadProvider apps not installing.

I've tested more the nook framework in order to obtain the bottom statusbar. This (http://www.multiupload.com/RHJF09F5WJ) is a zip with the modified framework. IT'S ONLY A PROOF OF CONCEPT AND IT'S NOT FOR DAILY USE. IT HAS IMPORTANT PROBLEMS (SOME SETTINGS NOT WORKING, FOR EXAMPLE). I'm not going to develope more the bottom statusbar, at least for the moment, because I don't know how to solve the problems and I don't like the bottom statusbar.

Edit: I've published the theme in the competition zone (http://android.modaco.com/content/entries-1-vega-desktop-s-or-themes/338015/honeycomb-theme-for-corvus-rom/). Just in case you want to support it... :)

Edited by partner2

• 1 month later...
Guest taschenwolf

Hi,

maybe I'm stupid but when I installed the tHoneycomb Theme nothing changed...

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks and regards!

Guest premieral
Hi,

maybe I'm stupid but when I installed the tHoneycomb Theme nothing changed...

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks and regards!

how didi you install it

• 4 months later...
Guest dibbles

Just gone back to using the Corvus ROM with the SP 1 update and then flashed this excellent theme over it. A great piece of work that is very much appreciated :)

Guest ursulavasey

I just copied the .zip file to my SD card and installed it via "Recovery" tool.

Try installing it via Clockwork mod in recovery. Go to recovery, then select "install zip from sdcard". Select the theme and install it, then boot up as normal. That should sort it for you, all being well.