6% of battery in 12 minutes

Guest jastonas

Guest jastonas

Hello. I think I have a faulty device. I have installed the newest baseband and after wiping ALL, I installed TK rom.

I have not done ANY market installs. Just signed in with google account to check what's wrong with the battery.

Froze with titanium car home and started playing around and the battery is still draining with such a clean install. I did a reboot and tried what I wrote in the title.

I just browsed in the market without ever installing anything. On wi-fi, just browsing, going up and down in market, some times pausing to read, see the pictures of apps... and the battery would drain 1% every 2 minutes!!

Isn't that too much?? Could someone do the same test to cross check? I ve had the device for 2 weeks now and i have tried to do good battery charges but nothing seems to help.

Guest aMpeX

You know that TK Rom has an OC kernel right?

edit: That aside, how was your battery before you flashed the custom ROM?

edit2: Install Battery Monitor Widget from the market or check the battery consumption in the phone info section of the settings to find out what consumes the battery

Edited by aMpeX

Guest jastonas
You know that TK Rom has an OC kernel right?

That aside, how was your battery before you flashed the custom ROM?

It has an OC kernel but I have not messed, not even opened the app PimpmyCpu so iam guessing it's running with high at 1ghz.

I had my phone with stock rom for less than a day so I cannot say it's the roms fault. I have tried almost all the roms out there and all get the same result for me :)

That's why I asked if anyone can to the exact thing i did with market to check if it happens with other people as well and if it is normal.

Guest Squide
It has an OC kernel but I have not messed, not even opened the app PimpmyCpu so iam guessing it's running with high at 1ghz.

I had my phone with stock rom for less than a day so I cannot say it's the roms fault. I have tried almost all the roms out there and all get the same result for me :)

That's why I asked if anyone can to the exact thing i did with market to check if it happens with other people as well and if it is normal.

mine would drop from 100% to 95% in the first 10 mins of screen off standby, right after unplug.

I have already get used to that. Just place order on replacement batteries on ebay.

Pretty cheap, and I can now forget about the gauge.

usually, I need 3 batteries for my usage from 6am-10pm

p.s.

I already did the battery calibration..

and I GUESS the source of problem is different batteries got some degree

of different in fully charged voltage, which make the gauge not accurate at all.

one more thing is the tegra2 seems drawing a big current too..

the voltage may drop a lot when you playing games.. but you'll see the voltage go up again after you let the phone to take a brake.

Edited by Squide

Guest Emmepi
mine would drop from 100% to 95% in the first 10 mins of screen off standby, right after unplug.

I have already get used to that. Just place order on replacement batteries on ebay.

Normal behaviour on Android devices !

My Nexus One, just over 90%, plugged, indicates "fully charged" sometimes

Nexus at 100%, just after unplug, decreases instantly to a value near to 90%

So don't be scared !