• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Adam_J

Adam_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Nokia N8, EEE Pad Transformer
Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

Zach_Alt

Zach_Alt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

What apps are you trying to remove and why?

Adam_J

Adam_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

What apps are you trying to remove and why?

i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

czm

czm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

I also tried to get rid of layar - as far as I can tell it was part of the firmware upgrade but no idea why. It's been a while since I used it, but this seems like quite an old version? Why include it in the firmware build and stop people from getting rid of it??

redmongoose

redmongoose

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Have you tried Easy Freezy by a certain Paul@modaco ? :)

https://market.andro...e=search_result

Adam_J

Adam_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Have you tried Easy Freezy by a certain Paul@modaco ? :)

https://market.andro...e=search_result

Yes I did spot the shameless plugs for this app after my original post so will try this out next ! :)

Scott9824

Scott9824

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Devices:Desire HD, Asus Transformer

Yes I did spot the shameless plugs for this app after my original post so will try this out next ! :)

It works well!

czm

czm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

It works well!

Is it still possible to root the device if you have installed the updated firmware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users